Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Replies

• I started working out in the morning. Apparently I'm the only person locally who hauls her kitten out of bed at six in the morning to work out, because I had the women's area to myself, and so I checked out where I was strength-wise and rode the bike until I started getting a leg cramp. I'll stretch that hamstring lots today and see if I can get it over itself. I feel good, didn't get out of breath or sweaty, and will now go up and get dressed and go on with my day.

Sundays are precooking and organization. So I'll make up a printed menu and post it so the rest of the household knows what dinner is, move the things I need to cook into the dry goods cabinet and the small freezer below the fridge, do laundry, and generally put things in order for the coming week. We'll have burritoes for lunch and Breakfast For Dinner for dinner, with eggs and turkey sausages and fried potatoes and toast.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - I was trying to figure out why you would need to wake up your cats to go work out, and then I remembers the MFP clever substitution. You made me laugh! So glad you have access to a gym again!

@changeforeverlj - Thank you for your prayers. And remember what I said about exercise? I think my recent weight trend proves it - your walks are causing the weight gain. But that's a good thing - it's water not fat. Stay the course. You are doing great. Log the weight and remember to look at over all trends.

@KeriA - take care yourself. I know things aren't great in your neck of the woods either.

• @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - I was trying to figure out why you would need to wake up your cats to go work out, and then I remembers the MFP clever substitution. You made me laugh! So glad you have access to a gym again!

The problem actually is keeping the small fast black one from darting into the bedroom. Because she will go under the bed, not leave when I do, and then sit in front of the door and scream until Boyfriend wakes up and gets up and lets her out. If he sleeps through my alarm, he needs the sleep, and screaming cats do not help. (That is the cat in my profile picture. Nyx, daughter of Chaos.)
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Life has suddenly become very busy this month!
    Here are the results from Week 1; Iโ€™ll try to remember to pop back in tomorrow evening to post for Week 2!

Week 1 - Weight Loss Goals:
    ๐Ÿ No snacking after 9pm (7/7)
    ๐Ÿ‚ Two or fewer caloric drinks per week (3/2) ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    ๐Ÿ Zero days exceeding calories (6/7)

Down 0.4lbs

Went to the theme park one day & indulged in festival food / drinks. Also swam & walked a TON, but since my Apple Watch broke Iโ€™m not sure if the activity was enough to offset the calorie excess.

All in all not great, but not terrible.
  • DLM2008
    DLM2008 Posts: 2 Member
    I am not sure how this works. I thought I created a post in this forum but I see it elsewhere. So my guess now is I have to reply here ??

Hi there. I have had MFP for a couple years but not truly using it. Always looking for the magic way to shed my extra pounds. But I guess it is time to try something new. I have never posted before but here goes
    Current weight :236 lbs
    Height 5โ€™2โ€
    September goals
    Lose 5 lbs
    Walk 10 min 5 days /week
    Simple cardio(12 min) 2 x per week
    Get up from my desk every hour and do 2 stretches
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,155 Member
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (Mar 2020)
    Goal for end of month 98.0kg
    Start of month 99.6kg
    7/9 - 100.2kg
    14/9 - 99.1kg

Goals
    ๐Ÿ’› To keep average cals for the week under 2000
    ๐Ÿ’› To keep snacks under 25% of cals
    ๐Ÿ’› To plan meals in advance for the week
    ๐Ÿ’› 16:8 - intermittent fasting
    ๐Ÿ’› Mediterranean eating
    ๐Ÿ’› Using non food ways to manage my emotions

wk 1 - cals 2508, snacks 22%, breakfast 12%, fat 41%
    wk 2 - cals 1988 (yay!), snacks 33% (oops), breakfast 11%, fat 43%
    good week on the scales, not sure it was all deserved, some was hormonal I think, but still I'm pleased.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Monday Check-in <3
    SW 230.78 lbs (16/03/2020) 104.9 Kgs

31/08 78.8 kg 173.36 (-0.7kgs) (-1.54lbs)
    07/09 77.3 Kg 170,06 (-1.5kgs) (-3.3lbs)
    14/07 77.2 Kg 169.84 (-0.1Kgs) (-0.22lbs)

My weigh-in this week was with a lot of trepidation. I've started my 7-month 30-day challenge. In the first 6 months, I lost 27.6 kgs/60.72 lbs. I count calories and intermittent fast, I log on MFP daily and read posts on the community group daily. Last week I started incorporating strength training. I've even been jogging on the spot, who knows I might even eventually start jogging outside!! Anyway, my daily weigh-ins were up and up!! So this morning I was expecting to gain, down .1, but it doesn't matter, I'm on a journey, a quest if you like. Time is not my priority, my priority is doing my daily disciplines and rediscovering the strength in my body and mind which I swallowed up over a period of 20 years with binge and emotional eating!

This week's goals:
    ๐Ÿ’—To be kind to me (and others)
    ๐Ÿ’—To keep logging
    ๐Ÿ’—To have fun
    ๐Ÿ’—Work hard when I work
    ๐Ÿ’—Stick to only 3 cups of coffee a day!!
  • changeforeverlj
    @orangequilt Thanks for your words of encouragement! Well done on your double digits!! A milestone reached congratulations.

@speyerj Your advice was spot on! I'm definitely staying the course, I stumbled upon all these ultra-marathon running documentaries on Utube yesterday and binged on those!! Completely inspirational.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Mondays mean weigh in at my house!

So, here I am. I am 45 years old. 5 foot 4 inches.
    SW(June 1st): 242 lbs (highest weight was 250)
    September 7: 204lbs (loss of 38 pounds)
    September 14: 202 lbs (down the nice round number of 40!)

Weightloss goal for September: 3 more pounds to make it to ONEderland. I haven't been below 200 in at LEAST 21 years.

My fitness goals for September: to finish my learn-to-run-10k app. Then run a 10k with my husband without dying. (Currently at the beginning of week 13 of 14)

My food goals for September: Remember that we do not treat ourselves with food; we use food as fuel and if you want something more calorie dense, work for it.

My Mindfullness goals for September:
    ~ Remember that slow and steady wins the race. Don't get caught up in the numbers on the scale. Keep on keeping on and you'll get there.
    ~Keep writing in your gratitude journal daily
    ~Remember that this is self-care; that this isn't being selfish, this is necessary in order to be able to continue the things I'm doing. (My Mom has dementia; my dad, my husband and I are her caretakers)

It has been the week from busy land!! My Mom had a difficult week. My husband had a difficult week. My work had a difficult week. And I am Mrs. Fixit. It is Monday and I am exhausted cause I have been working my butt off, literally, all week and no real rest. Contemplated staying home today for a mental health day but decided to plow through and now I'm looking forward to going home at 5 and putting my PJs on and taking the evening to just relax!

Hope all is well with all of you...so appreciate all the positive energy from this group <3
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Week 2 - Weight Loss Goals:
    ๐Ÿ No snacking after 9pm (5/7)
    ๐Ÿ‚ Two or fewer caloric drinks per week (6/2) ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
    ๐Ÿ Zero days exceeding calories (6/7)

Had a pretty rough week goals-wise, but it was a lot of fun! We took a road trip to visit family & had a special field trip to a Space Museum. Unfortunately all that excitement meant a high need for caffeine & less control over dietary choices.

Miraculously, Iโ€™m still down this week!
    2.2lbs lost
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    September GW: 191.4
    8/31: 201.4 lbs
    9/8: 199.6 (-1.8 lbs)
    9/14: 199.2 (-0.4lbs)
    9/21:
    9/28:

I'll take it! For some reason the majority of last week I was unable to access the forum section of MFP. I've went back and caught up, but I definitely missed being able to read how everyone is doing as that is a reminder for myself to stay the course. Our A/C is acting up at home so no cycling today. I'm hoping it's fixed tonight, but if not I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to get on the bike no matter what.

That September goal is definitely out of reach at this point, but will keep pushing and hopefully I can reach 195 by month's end.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    This weekโ€™s focus is weight loss and exercise daily. I also need to make sure I get my water. I will do at least 1 of my strength training routines today or tomorrow and either another one later in the week or do resistance bands. Last week I did a resistance band video and it was just right for me. I liked that he combined the resistance band with light cardio and core exercises. No outdoor exercise for me for a while. Air quality is still in the unhealthy range. It is supposed to be getting better later in the week.

We have come to end of my meal planning from last week. So I will have to work on that soon. I was able to make some little additions to extend it through the weekend. Tonight I think I will plan leftover fasolakia (this was the Greek dish I made to use up the tomatoes we got) with grilled cheese sandwiches. This gives me a day to plan and order groceries. Last night I made pico de gallo and we had chicken fajitas minus the grilled vegies. We will probably get more tomatoes on Saturday so I think I will make a big pot of Tomato Bisque and freeze it in dinner size portions. We like having it on lamb burger nights.

@AlexandraFindsHerself Glad you met with the trainer. I know that has been the to do list for a while. Sausage mushroom and onions seems to be my favorite right now for Pizza. I think it is what we got when we went out for pizza when I was a kid.
    @changeforeverlj If you have upped strength training or exercise you may be retaining water in your muscles. Also if you have. Also if you have been consistently upped your exercise for a while you may need to adjust your calories up some. It is really weird when you lose weight by eating more but this happens sometimes.
    @jayemes I usually do better on the weekends but lately not so much. That is why I do not have a set check in day.
    @iloveeggnog 40 lbs loss โ€“ nice! Enjoy your rest tonight!
    @ChrysalisCove Nice to enjoy your week and lose too.
    @motivatedsister Good job getting to onderland and staying there.
  • Starsub99
    Starsub99 Posts: 6 Member
    Ive lost 14 lbs since end of june..now at 222 lbs. Goal this season is to lose 5 lbs per month. Tracking food water etc big help this summer
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    This was not a good week for me. It was my 3 year old's birthday on Saturday. I had two cupcakes and a handful of snacks and wham! Up 2kg.

1/9: 116.5kg/257lbs
    8/9: 114.8kg/253lbs (down 1.7kg/3.7lbs)
    15/9: 114.8kg/253lbs
    22/9:
    29/9:

Hope this week goes better!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    @ChrysalisCove 2.2 pounds in a travel week?? Well done!!!

@purplearrow24 I honestly didn't know how colourful life could be. I'm 40 lbs down, 3.5 months in and my life has completely changed. Not only am I exceedingly more active but I'm FAR more social. Just like with kids, the days are long but the months (or years) are short! And you'll get there in jig time!!

@motivatedsister Your loss is happening!! If not by the end of September, then by mid October...you got this!

@KeriA You have me thinking about tomato bisque...I haven't had it in forever. And I have a bumper crop of tomatoes! Must add to the menu!!

@Starsub99 My big thing is water too! Must constantly remind myself to drink more!

@TrekkieChic Betcha next week's weigh in will have that excess gone...it's amazing what our bodies will hold on to in the short term. A few cupcakes and snacks isn't going to undo your entire program!

I ran this morning. Week 13, day 1 of the learn-to-run-10k app and I was disappointed with the shorter run (compared to the previous two weeks). But I know that by this time next week, I'll be running for the full 60 minutes straight so I'm not going to get too cocky or off script!!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Weigh-in Day...

Height: 5'10"
    Starting weight 9/1/20: 324.1
    Goal weight - under 200 (-125 lbs)
    Weight as of today 9/15/20: 316.4
    Sept 1-8: 320.3 (3.8 lbs)
    Sept 9-15 316.4 (3.9 lbs)
    Total Weight Loss: 7.7 lbs
  • changeforeverlj
    @loveeggnog Well done on your loss! Ready to cheer you on when you reach onederland! I've just started looking into running. Although for me its really shuffling, in my head I'm running but in reality not! I've downloaded a podcast that starts wih 30 sec walk 30 sec run. I can do it at home no prob, but outside on the street
    it seems so hard, my legs feel so heavy! Your week sounds hard, hope you got to relax in your pjs!
  • I was still pretty sore today, but told myself I could take my tablet and read a book on the stationary bike and that was something anyway. Went fifteen minutes, and then felt good enough to shove some weight around, and so home to more tea and my breakfast.

Boyfriend is currently interviewing for the Very Good Job and I have everything crossed for them hiring him on. We are tired of contract work, and the pay is good. I am airing out all the blankets and comforters, so the cats are having fun ambushing each other from under the covers.