What's on your mind?

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    m88zu8olsqrq.jpeg

🤯
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Ofcourse the year that I move to Munich is the year when they cancel Oktoberfest. They did the right thing but I am in the mood to complain.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    e6pfdxu2gyl3.jpg

I need this on a t-shirt some days
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Wishing life wasn't filled with as much pain as it is.

@Kickthesky Thinking of you
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    Sometimes you’re bad at something. Like.. really bad. You’ve made a lot of mistakes, really big ones, and everyone can tell. They talk about your obvious failure and imply that you shouldn’t have even attempted it at all, you’re so bad at it. It makes you feel shame and a particular torment unique to your situation and all the ways you’ve screwed it up.

But you can’t quit. Not because you don’t want to sometimes. And not because it’s getting easier or you’re getting better. Some days it is the most frustrating thing in the world and all you want to do is cry and give up. But you don’t, because even though you have done a terrible job and everyone knows it including you, it’s a lifelong commitment you made.

And because each day when your exhausted head hits the pillow, followed minutes later by the day’s salty wet frustration and self-flagellation, there lingers an inexplicably ever-abiding gossamer filament of hope that tomorrow.. tomorrow will be the day I finally get better at this parenting thing.

Be kind to parents. Not because they deserve it but because they believe they don’t

Thank you for not mentioning me by name. <3
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sometimes you’re bad at something. Like.. really bad. You’ve made a lot of mistakes, really big ones, and everyone can tell. They talk about your obvious failure and imply that you shouldn’t have even attempted it at all, you’re so bad at it. It makes you feel shame and a particular torment unique to your situation and all the ways you’ve screwed it up.

But you can’t quit. Not because you don’t want to sometimes. And not because it’s getting easier or you’re getting better. Some days it is the most frustrating thing in the world and all you want to do is cry and give up. But you don’t, because even though you have done a terrible job and everyone knows it including you, it’s a lifelong commitment you made.

And because each day when your exhausted head hits the pillow, followed minutes later by the day’s salty wet frustration and self-flagellation, there lingers an inexplicably ever-abiding gossamer filament of hope that tomorrow.. tomorrow will be the day I finally get better at this parenting thing.

Be kind to parents. Not because they deserve it but because they believe they don’t

u are probably much better at it than you think 💛 not blowing smoke up your *kitten* or anything, just that most women i know beat themselves up bc they forgot a lunch or yelled at their kid or didn’t have time to do the thing or whatever

• Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Why did I spend the last 30 minutes trying to track down the company who made the pints of milk we'd be served at school when I was in kindergarten
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Why did I spend the last 30 minutes trying to track down the company who made the pints of milk we'd be served at school when I was in kindergarten

A revenge plan in process for not giving you chocolate or strawberry options?
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I had chocolate for a glorious half-year until someone realized they'd made an error and I was supposed to get white

I have no memory of kindergarten after that
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    What's on my mind is everything BUT the stuff I'm supposed to be studying.

Oh, and chocolate milk for some reason . . .
  • ReenieHJ
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I had chocolate for a glorious half-year until someone realized they'd made an error and I was supposed to get white

I have no memory of kindergarten after that

Two thoughts on that:
    1) The mind is the first thing to go
    OR
    2)We tend to block out horrifying experiences.

IF #2, then I hope school didn't go downhill after that for you.
  • ReenieHJ

To me, worrying about what kind of parent you are means you're a great parent!!
    My mind still loops around all the ways I failed as a parent. Even though our children turned out to be wonderful respectful human beings.
    Please, don't beat yourself up. We are NOT perfect, we all make mistakes(even parents are allowed, there is no handbook). The fact that it's bothering you makes you a well-adjusted loving parent.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to come into some money yesterday. 💯
    dixubwq9lasv.jpeg

"Lastly, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you."

That's some CIA covert ops there!