Embarrassing truths

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I don't care for children.

I've never heard the biological clock ticking LIKE THIS.

Theoretically I want to have children so I'm not alone when I'm old.

But when I see them in the makeup store grabbing brushes, jabbing them into the blushes, cracking them, then painting themselves and the cabinets with lipstick, I eschew all thoughts of wanting to become a parent because I don't believe in corporal punishment but wouldn't be able to help myself.

I think it's important to note that this bad behavior is reflective of parenting and not specifically the child. I'm with you, I'm not a fan of hellions, however, I blame the parents for their behaviors.

Exactly!!! Just don't be the parent who's afraid of the NO word and you'll be fine.

i dont think anyone should have kids if they dont like kids just bc they afraid of being alone when theyre old

Plus kids aren't guaranteed to take care of or visit you when you're old.

Mine can't even get his *kitten* towels off the *kitten* floor

eta changed my cuss-bywords into modern parlance

Only parenting post i can relate to in this string so far
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

But when I see them in the makeup store grabbing brushes, jabbing them into the blushes, cracking them, then painting themselves and the cabinets with lipstick, I eschew all thoughts of wanting to become a parent because I don't believe in corporal punishment but wouldn't be able to help myself.

I think it's important to note that this bad behavior is reflective of parenting and not specifically the child. I'm with you, I'm not a fan of hellions, however, I blame the parents for their behaviors.

Exactly!!! Just don't be the parent who's afraid of the NO word and you'll be fine.

i dont think anyone should have kids if they dont like kids just bc they afraid of being alone when theyre old

This is true also.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

Plus kids aren't guaranteed to take care of or visit you when you're old.

Mine can't even get his *kitten* towels off the *kitten* floor

eta changed my cuss-bywords into modern parlance

Only parenting post i can relate to in this string so far

Not a parent, but change towels to “under wear/dirty clothes” and this is my partner...😤😑. As a kid I got in trouble for doing that!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Oh I completely agree. Over my 35+ years of a daycare provider, I saw a lot of children who were more of a 2.2 status symbol than someone the parents really wanted to hang out with. Either that, or just an added monthly amount on their state government check. Seriously, not wanting to be old by yourself is never a good reason to have children. Children move away. They have their own families. They alienate you or themselves. They have jobs. They get busy. No guarantee just because you can call a little person your son or daughter, that they're going to be anywhere around when you're old.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Either that, or just an added monthly amount on their state government check..

wait.

I could have made money..... just by letting someone know that I had them down in the basement?

Where were you 18 years ago with this advice ?

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Either that, or just an added monthly amount on their state government check..

wait.

I could have made money..... just by letting someone know that I had them down in the basement?

Where were you 18 years ago with this advice ?

Counting down the days until they left for college. No, not really.
    Now I wish they would come back home. :/ Yes, really.
    Empty nest $u@ks.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

This is true also.

I kinda want to be old and alone. One day, I'm not sure which, I'm just going to give my last *kitten* to give and let it all go. No one wants to see, hear, or smell all of that.

Besides, if they aren't around because they're busy with their own kids, careers, productivity etc..., I'll take it as a job well done and just drift away peacefully.

This is what my grandma wanted. She told my grandpa once that she wanted to die like the way cats slip off to die alone and not intrude on anyone.

When she was actually dying in the nursing home, she was surrounded by her husband and 5 kids and 14 grandkids and 15 great-grandkids and a number of other close family and neighbors and I remember thinking about what she had said before. I asked my dad if we should all leave and let her be in peace. I think he honestly considered it but then shook his head no and said she probably wasn’t even aware we were there. She was comatose after almost 2 decades with alzheimers.

But she hung on for ELEVEN days after they withheld food and water. We couldn’t be there any longer; we all had to resume work and other things to conserve time off for the actual funeral. After we all left and it was just my dad and grandpa with her, she slipped away peacefully while they slept in their respective chairs beside her. I always have wondered if she just couldn’t relax and let go because of her anxiety about dying in front of a crowd. That’s probably silly. But I feel similarly to her and I hope people respect my wishes in the end

Reading this I thought the same thing until I got to the end and realized that you had the same opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

This is true also.

I kinda want to be old and alone. One day, I'm not sure which, I'm just going to give my last *kitten* to give and let it all go. No one wants to see, hear, or smell all of that.

Besides, if they aren't around because they're busy with their own kids, careers, productivity etc..., I'll take it as a job well done and just drift away peacefully.

When I get old... Oh man I'm gonna make a big all fuss 😂...

I'm going to call my kids every day and harass them "When are you coming over, you're fathers going senile over here... I don't know how many days I have left in the damned place... You better not put me in a freaking home"... 😂😂😂

And when I die, God willing I'm throwing a freaking parade... I might even fake my death every April fools day 😂...

I've already got a bunch of pranks for the grandkids 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited September 2020

This is true also.

I'm going to call my kids every day and harass them "When are you coming over, you're fathers going senile over here... I don't know how many days I have left in the damned place... You better not put me in a freaking home"... 😂😂😂

And when I die, God willing I'm throwing a freaking parade... I might even fake my death every April fools day 😂...

I'm going to throw a freaking party every week and tell everyone every week "I don't know... This could be my last week on this damned planet so might as well"... When there is absolutely nothing wrong with me 😂...

Everyone is going to be asking my kids all the time "What's wrong with your Dad?" all concerned and they will be all... I dk he's fool of *kitten*, there's nothing wrong with him 🙄, all annoyed 😂...

I can't wait 😂
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member

This is true also.

This is what my grandma wanted. She told my grandpa once that she wanted to die like the way cats slip off to die alone and not intrude on anyone.

When she was actually dying in the nursing home, she was surrounded by her husband and 5 kids and 14 grandkids and 15 great-grandkids and a number of other close family and neighbors and I remember thinking about what she had said before. I asked my dad if we should all leave and let her be in peace. I think he honestly considered it but then shook his head no and said she probably wasn’t even aware we were there. She was comatose after almost 2 decades with alzheimers.

But she hung on for ELEVEN days after they withheld food and water. We couldn’t be there any longer; we all had to resume work and other things to conserve time off for the actual funeral. After we all left and it was just my dad and grandpa with her, she slipped away peacefully while they slept in their respective chairs beside her. I always have wondered if she just couldn’t relax and let go because of her anxiety about dying in front of a crowd. That’s probably silly. But I feel similarly to her and I hope people respect my wishes in the end

This was the same with my grandma when she passed. She also had Alzheimer’s and eventually just went comatose after being brought to the hospital for a bladder infection. She didn’t even recognize her own reflection before she went to the hospital. But man oh man she held on, the doctors said her heart was so strong they couldn’t believe she hadn’t passed. Not sure what her wishes were on dying with it without people though.

Sorry for your loss, whenever it was.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

This is true also.

Sounds to me like she was stubborn and wanted to have the last word on the subject...so to speak. :)

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Just realized that the calendar I am using on my desk at work is from 2019 lol *oops!*
  • CacoEther
    fstrickl wrote: »

This is true also.

This was the same with my grandma when she passed. She also had Alzheimer’s and eventually just went comatose after being brought to the hospital for a bladder infection. She didn’t even recognize her own reflection before she went to the hospital. But man oh man she held on, the doctors said her heart was so strong they couldn’t believe she hadn’t passed. Not sure what her wishes were on dying with it without people though.

Sorry for your loss, whenever it was.

Thank you, same to you ❤️
  • CacoEther
    glassyo wrote: »

This is true also.

Sounds to me like she was stubborn and wanted to have the last word on the subject...so to speak. :)

😁
  • CacoEther

This is true also.

I'm going to throw a freaking party every week and tell everyone every week "I don't know... This could be my last week on this damned planet so might as well"... When there is absolutely nothing wrong with me 😂...

Everyone is going to be asking my kids all the time "What's wrong with your Dad?" all concerned and they will be all... I dk he's fool of *kitten*, there's nothing wrong with him 🙄, all annoyed 😂...

I can't wait 😂

This reminds me of the time @Caporegiem said that when he dies he wants his whole family there by his side crying and saying goodbyes.. but then he wants to hang on until it’s just awkward and not even sad anymore. They all just want to go get Chick-fil-A so he makes sure to hang on until saturday night so they have to wait til Monday to get it, it really inspired me ❤️❤️
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    are we still doing embarrassing truths bc i got one
  • are we still doing embarrassing truths bc i got one

Go on...