Favorite Halloween Candy?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Ok I remember one... qsmcc14zxlz8.jpeg

Here's my deal with Crunch bars...I like the full size ones because they are thin, as they should be. But, the little "fun size" ones you get for Halloween are thick and chunky, so the ratio is all wrong.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Ok I remember one... qsmcc14zxlz8.jpeg

Here's my deal with Crunch bars...I like the full size ones because they are thin, as they should be. But, the little "fun size" ones you get for Halloween are thick and chunky, so the ratio is all wrong.

I don't really remember not liking either, lol. I have not had in literally decades.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I love crunch bars. Krackle bars are good too!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2020
    glassyo wrote: »
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    cbihatt wrote: »
    I really don’t understand the appeal of Reese’s cups. They are so nasty. What is with the gritty texture of that peanut butter? If you must eat peanut butter and chocolate together, buy (or make) yourself some quality buckeyes.

The Reese Cup shapes (pumpkin, Christmas tree, etc.) are infinitely better but I still love regular Reese Cups.

My FAVORITE is Reese Pieces.

Reeses Pieces > peanut butter m&ms

I like both - Yum!

Forgot to add - Halloween is the time of year for Caramel Tootsie Pops. Hard to find though.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I don’t know why the question is even asked because everyone knows it’s
    n3zhk5iq4gj4.jpeg
    😋🎃
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Ok, not to hijack, but we're all basically listing candy you can get anytime.

How about favorite halloween themed candy? Which, of course, includes candy you can buy anytime...just shaped like a pumpkin or ghost or whatever? :)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member

How about favorite halloween themed candy? Which, of course, includes candy you can buy anytime...just shaped like a pumpkin or ghost or whatever? :)

Chocolate / mixed candy corn pumpkins! Lol
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    e9b6wi04mdsw.jpg

I have been looking for these in store but haven't seen them yet. Also love the original creme egg version at easter.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Reece’s
    Almond joy/mounds
    Kit Kat’s
    The pull a part twizzlers
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,322 Member
    Don’t really get much around my way (rural England), and whilst I’m not a huge sweet fan (except chocolate obvs) I LOVE coconut mushrooms and fizzy cola bottles 😀
  • pancakerunner

good point!
  • glassyo
    IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR!

BUTTERFINGER!!!! (OLD FORMULA) So sad. I have been craving original formula butterfingers for the past year. I wish they'd bring them back. The new ones are just not as good.

I really like chick o sticks now because they taste like the inside of the old formula butterfinger.
    I just bought a chick o stick from my friendly, neighborhood convenience store and...are they supposed to be this hard?!

Good taste, tho. :)

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR!

BUTTERFINGER!!!! (OLD FORMULA) So sad. I have been craving original formula butterfingers for the past year. I wish they'd bring them back. The new ones are just not as good.

I really like chick o sticks now because they taste like the inside of the old formula butterfinger.
    I just bought a chick o stick from my friendly, neighborhood convenience store and...are they supposed to be this hard?!

Might be old. The fresh ones I bought from amazon were flaky and only slightly harder than the inside of a butter finger.
  • glassyo
    IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR!

Might be old. The fresh ones I bought from amazon were flaky and only slightly harder than the inside of a butter finger.

LOL I usually look at expiration dates before buying any food. This says Dec 2020 so close. And I know I have a hard time chewing these days but *breaks off another piece*...yeah....really hard. :) Hard to suck the shell off too.

(Shut up, boys! I heard it!) :)
  • pancakerunner
    sp45zumh4lzm.jpg

do you agree?
  • pancakerunner
    I actually kind of like smarties
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I like candy corn. A lot. I used to like Mary Janes, tootsie rolls and Good n Plenties too. I'm sure they're to blame for all the cavities in my head before sealants were a thing. The rest you can keep.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Does anyone remember the wax lips? (Not candy just a Halloween treat.) My sister and I loved finding those in our bags when we were kids. And of course the wax bottles with the sugar liquid in it. Fun!

I loved Bottle Caps but here is yer another candy that changed it’s recipe at some point, so they are only so-so.

For Halloween chocolate I would say Almond Joy, Snickers, or 100 Grand. I like candy corn in limited quantities.

I haven’t seen mentioned... Pixy Sticks - my kids love them. Flavored Tootsie Rolls - my sister loves these year round, but you always end up with some when trick-or-treating. 😝
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Caramel apple suckers. I could eat a bag. Which is why I won't buy them.