Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @iloveeggnog - Congratulations on Onederland! And there is a C210K program if you want to keep going. My daughter also likes the Nike Run app. I haven't tried it myself.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Happy Monday!

So busy this weekend! Hope all of yours was great!

@iloveeggnog woohoo!! Great job!

Estimated Weight (earlier this month): 255
    9/15 - 251
    9/21 - 249
    Goal this month: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Because I had no idea if I would stick with all of these changes, I set the monthly goal low and it is looking like I may make it!!

For my Sep goals:

Elliptical - 30 minutes 13 out of the last 16 days (including today) and arm weights at least twice both weeks! I definitely feel better and honestly, when I work out, I am not as hungry. I am sure everyone else in the world knows this, but it has been pretty consistent the last two weeks, so I am actually believing it 😂

Alcohol - 2.5 days of drinking alcohol out of the last 16 days! Yesterday, I had a beer from my friends brewery. Kept within my daily calories, and had met my water, so it was calculated! And I still slept great (exhausting weekend plays into that too I am sure).

I have logged dutifully everyday for the last 16 days and have been under/at my calorie goal each day. I am not eating back all of my exercise calories, and the scale definitely moved in the last four days.

Water - Probably still not hitting 100oz, but I am close! Had a Diet Pepsi for the first time in months as a treat for lunch on Saturday, but my morning coffee and water are my staples!

Here’s to a great week! I am still catching up on everyone’s comments, but you all rock!
  • I haven't been doing as well this week with working out as I wanted to, but with the mental health stuff in the family, I've been a bit distracted. I will say that I seem to have more mental energy as well as physical energy because while I still had a weeping meltdown cause Too Many Crises One After The Other, I wasn't knocked down for a week after it all; I'm having kind of a quiet day today with a lot of stretching and water while my gut normalizes again, and tomorrow is a new day.

We went and picked up Girlfriend from the hospital today, got her the food she wanted on the way home (which wrecked my calorie budget for the day, but tomorrow is another day) and she is happily sequestered in her pretty room with a dozen lavender roses, playing her video games and talking to her friends. Boyfriend is upstairs writing, because he had IDEAS! hit him this morning and he talked to me all about them in great detail for the entire forty minute car ride up to the hospital. I love him, but I do not care about semiotics, economics, French postmodern philosophical theory, or adversarial capitalism models. (sigh) Fortunately he was okay with a lot of smile and nod.

Today I am gaming and stretching and then making enchiladas for dinner. They aren't on the schedule but they are easy enough and will make my partners very happy. And I can have a taco salad, which may help my gut normalize a bit.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @iloveeggnog Awesome to see you have reached Onederland! Fantastic running achievements too!! You will have to search for a half marathon podcast next! Keep safe from Teddy!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks everyone! And yes, @speyerj it is the 10k app program that I am finishing this week. It's fabulous too! My running friends have given me a few options. Just not sure which direction I'll take yet!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    cppeace wrote: »
    You look like you could be quite petite. I'm 5'7" and my feet are only just under an American woman size 5 .5
    I got some chores and other exercise in today. Rested the strength training for today. Trying to give the muscles a bit of time to heal.

Yes that is a small size. I am 5'6" and my shoe size is 7 1/2. I remember when I started college I was still in a 5.5 shoe. When I lost weight last time I went down to a size 7. I get running shoes a half size bigger as recommended. I have a small head too.
  • jenkauff1
    jenkauff1 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm hoping to be 15 pounds lighter before Thanksgiving. So far, I'm down 3 pounds (+) and I've been at it for about 3 weeks. I'm scheduling time to walk so that I up my steps every week and my husband and I are working together to be accountable for our calories. I struggle with comfort eating, so I'm working on understanding myself better through this process.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,173 Member
    Great news on the interview KeriA!!
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    I am seeing some good Monday check ins.
    @motiveatedsister One option is calorie cycling as others on here do. It keeps your body guessing. Low calories one week and a bit higher the next.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself ….and yay her waist!

Well after my last post about concentrating this week on my jobsearch (and exercise) guess what? I got an email about a 2nd interview for one of the jobs I interviewed with (the one that I hadn’t heard from). So I guess I am still in the game with it. I got up had a healthy breakfast and then applied for all the jobs I had found in the last week and today (about 5). That is it for the week except for responding and going forward with any jobs I have already applied for.

Right now I am taking a break but I will decide about what exercise or other physical activity I am up for today. I should be freer the rest of the week for more exercise except a Drs appointment Thursday.

Great news! Sounds very promising all around @KeriA
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Good luck on the 2nd interview @KeriA
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    9/11: 239
    9/18: 240

Not too surprised by this, it is TOM for me so I am honestly surprised it isn't a lot higher. I also didn't really hit the gym last week, just was in a bit of a funk and listened to my body. I am hoping to get back on track this week though!

@motivatedsister, great loss!

@lilann1961, yay! Great work meeting your goals so far this month,

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971, kudos to you for not letting the stress become too much. Seems like you were able to find the needed balance, and everyone is doing a bit better. Yay to the waist!

@KeriA, yay to the second interview! Good luck!

@jenkauff1, I also struggle with comfort eating, it can be a vicious cycle. Great job trying to understand why it happens, that can really help.
  • Riddikulus89
    Riddikulus89 Posts: 17 Member
    Age 30, Height 6'0"
    Highest weight: 266lbs (2/2/20)
    Lowest weight: 143lbs (1st goal is 199)

Weight Lost to Date: 17.4 lbs

GW1: 199.9
    9/8: 255.6
    9/15 (halfway mark assessment): 249.2
    9/22:248.6
    9/29:

Weekly goals (exercise):
    🌻 Daily elliptical (at least 30 minutes)
    🌻 Bonus goal: Try one weight routine

Weekly goals (diet):
    🌻 Stay under calorie goal
    🌻 Intermittent fasting (16:8)
    🌻 Drink water before every meal

Weekly goals (mental):
    🌺 Be kind to myself
    🌺 Draft a morning/evening routine

I had an great week. I was going to put "okay", but NO I had a GREAT week!

I stayed under 1800 calories every day, which is higher than my goal but a great deficit anyway. I made tough "either or" choices instead of having both foods. I thought about how food would make me feel later, not how it tasted now. I made balanced choices. I logged everything and identified low/high calorie foods.
    LESSONS LEARNED: Making more balanced choices will help me to stay under goal. Water is filling.

I had days when I exercised a lot and days where I didn't exercise at all (time management). I made exercising fun, choosing low impact elliptical as I watch a movie.
    LESSONS LEARNED: Focus on inside exercise goals for now. Work on time management.

I'm also getting used to the fluctuations (you'll remember my depressed post last week). Two days ago I was 248 lbs, then yesterday 249.8, and today, 248.6. I notice I hit my low when I don't eat late at night (I weigh in the morning) and when I've exercised the day before. It took some self-control to record 248.6 today and not my 2-days-ago weight. :wink:
    LESSONS LEARNED: Trends are not strictly linear
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Nice work @Riddikulus89 - especially the insights into what worked and what didn't work. So important, because there are at least 1000 different ways to lose weight but not all of them will be ones that you will want to sustain. Being your own weight loss laboratory is really the best way to find the best diet for you.

@KeriA - hope the interview goes well and that it is a job you want too.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    I didn’t get any exercise in yesterday but got more steps since I went shopping with my daughter for an ingredient I couldn’t get on my order and my husband couldn’t find. We found them at the Asian market but not sure they are the same red beans I want for red beans and rice. I don’t want kidney beans I want real red beans.

Today it was not only not smoky but it was sunny too so I did my strength training session partially in my back yard. Here is a link my son sent me on how important sun is to our health https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2290997/ They know now it is really important and most Americans have a deficit which is worse (lots of downsides) than getting too much sun (only one downside). They just haven’t decided on what guidance to give on it yet. I set a goal of 15 minutes a day when we do have sun. I also did my stairs for the day. My weight seems to be coming down so we will see if it goes down enough soon to make some progress.

When we went to the store we got some junk but I still lost probably since I didn’t overdo snacking. I am learning. Thanks for all the good wishes on the interview.

@AlexandraFindsHerself I am glad you are getting a schedule worked out for your household that will work for you. Make sure you get that sleep. It is so important.
    @torihudson6 I am hoping to get back on track this week too.
    @Riddikulus89 Yes a great week.
    @AmandaABW Good idea to get some support along the way.