• AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Animals
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    Beets 🤮
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Not just one food, but one category.... organ meats...liver, kidneys, hearts, etc.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Capers.

Well, I am vegan, too, so there are entire food groups I dont eat, but capers came to mind first. Hate them!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Offal
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Cake with frosting.

mypi8pj1qvcw.png
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    animal/products
  • AndreaTamira
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Cake with frosting.

mypi8pj1qvcw.png

Another person who is not a fan of frosting, I see.

I like very thin lemon or orange frosting (more a glaze, really), and similarity thin chocolate frosting/glaze, but everything more just seems to overpower the cake taste.

I did not grow up in a country where thick frosting is the norm, so that may play a role in my dislike.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Capers.

Well, I am vegan, too, so there are entire food groups I dont eat, but capers came to mind first. Hate them!

I don't like capers on their own, but like it with some dishes
  • AndreaTamira
    I don't like capers on their own, but like it with some dishes

Lucky you. I can tolerate them in some things, but like? Never.

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Squirrel.... No offense to any hunters out there. Anyway, I was streaming "Mountain Men," and a scene came up where squirrels were caught, skinned, cooked over an open fire, and spread with bear grease (making it an extra tasty treat.) Again, no offense to anyone; but, I never want to be in a position where squirrel is the only thing on offer. :#:#
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Squirrel.... No offense to any hunters out there. Anyway, I was streaming "Mountain Men," and a scene came up where squirrels were caught, skinned, cooked over an open fire, and spread with bear grease (making it an extra tasty treat.) Again, no offense to anyone; but, I never want to be in a position where squirrel is the only thing on offer. :#:#

Have you ever actually eaten one? (I have. It was not crazy-unusual as a thing to eat where I grew up.)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Offal, shellfish, pork, but most especially SPAM. Was made to eat it in multiple forms at boarding school. Even the thought of it makes me nauseous.
  • Fruit, legumes, and cruciferous vegetables.

Fruit gives me an immediate wicked headache with nausea.(Fructose intolerance) Legumes and cruciferous vegetables make my gut very angry. I don't like it when it's angry. It stays disrupted for a week. Therefore I do not eat them. Anyone who says that I should eat it anyway because they are good for me has never suffered through an IBS attack.
  • AndreaTamira
    Fruit, legumes, and cruciferous vegetables.

Fruit gives me an immediate wicked headache with nausea.(Fructose intolerance) Legumes and cruciferous vegetables make my gut very angry. I don't like it when it's angry. It stays disrupted for a week. Therefore I do not eat them. Anyone who says that I should eat it anyway because they are good for me has never suffered through an IBS attack.

Yikes! That sounds unpleasant.

It's not good for you anyway if your stomach cannot digest it right.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I still consume them, but I need to be wary of onions -- not so much the green ones, scallions -- but the common bulb onion.
  • Terrilmk
    Terrilmk Posts: 4 Member
    Broccoli. Love it but can't tolerate since surgery in 2011.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Olives
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    iceberg lettuce.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Spinach