Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks for the challenge, I am in need of a challenge to give me a kick in the right direction. oh and the chart looks great!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Yasmin, I'm 34 and a mother of four healthy children ( 3 boys and little princess) I have been struggling with my weight since I got pregnant with my first son where I started weighing from 110lbs to 175lbs. I was very disappointed last winter as my 5 year old son and I were at the dentist office and as we were waiting to be seen we started talking and I told my son to say something to me and he said " I love you mom" and I repleid I love you too and again I asked the same question and he looked at me and said " Mom I wish YOU were Skinny" I was so shocked! He noticed my reaction and he then said " May be Medium Mom" I never knew how much my weight impacted my 5 year old son. I thank you all and please let's continue to support eachother.
  • curlylocks87
    Options
    Hi,

Apologies I have only just seen your request for an exact goal weight the 139 on the chart is good with me.

Thank you & good luck everyone :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 year old wife and insurance adjuster. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I am currently doing the c25k program and on week 3. My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for 2 years. I'm hoping if I lose a little weight we will have baby success! If not I'll at least be a lot healthier to enjoy my life with the love of my life. I am SOOO stoked to lose 20 pounds by Christmas!
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Bump
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll, great Wed. here today, hope ya'll are having success this week. Hubby will be home soon and time for some Insanity!! I had PE class today as well (the little 3rd grader I work with does PE Monday and Wed. and in order to help him and keep him safe, I basically do the whole class as well. Today was tennis- and believe me, when you are working with a visually impaired student, tennis involves a lot of chasing wandering balls- wow, ok, that sounds wrong, but I'll leave it, maybe it'll give ya'll a giggle). I was so organized this morning, and got a pot of beans cooked in the slow cooker while I was at work, so now it's time for some nice warm chili (ya'll who are still sweltering in summer weather will hate me, but it's 63 and overcast here today, so definitely time for chili!).

~~Veronica
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    You did a wonderful job on the chart...I really like it!!! You and Denise are such hard workers on these charts/challenges!!! We all appreciate you so very much. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this for us. :flowerforyou:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice comments about the chart/challenge!

vallejos6 - I am one of those in the sweltering heat. :devil: It is still 108 right now at 6:35 in the evening. Ugh. This is our first summer here. I knew it was going to be hot. But knowing it and living it is very different! Soon though, you are going to be COLD.

This is a little bit about me. I have 4 children (26 - girl {married}, 24 - girl, 21 - girl, 16 - boy) and two sweet grandgirls (3 & 21 months). I have been married for 27 years, to a man that I still really love. When I got married, I weighed 120 - 123 lbs. After my second baby, I got up to about 148 but then back down. My lowest weight, as an adult, was 111 when my 3rd baby was 9 months old. Gained some weight and was 131 when I got pregnant with #4. With that pregnancy, I was sick the whole time. Either with morning sickness, a sinus infection, etc. I just didn't feel well and was in bed a lot of the time. My muscles went bye bye. After he was born, I was about 141 but then I ate. Not crazy... but the usual, fattening way. With a lot of the muscle gone, there wasn't much anymore to help keep my weight down. I got up into the 180s pretty quickly and have been there for close to 16 years. Except for one time, when I was sick for several weeks and got down to165 (since I wasn't eating), but once I started eating regular again... hello 180s! For the last 16 years, I have had a desire to be thin but not enough to do anything about my food. I would exercise once in a great while. And I almost always felt ugly.

I have a friend on Facebook that I've known for many years. She is part of our group (mswank16). On Feb. 17th of this year, she posted that she had lost 28 lbs (I think). Upon inquiring, she wrote about this site. I came here, joined, and wanted to play around. But I couldn't do what I wanted without doing something about my food and exercise. I hadn't eaten that day (yet) so I thought "I could start right now". And that's how I began! Soon after I joined, I hit a stumbling block. The woman I have loved the longest in my life (my sweet mom) died on Feb. 26th. I had only been dieting/exercising for 9 days. I kept going until it was time to go out of state for the dressing, viewing, funeral, etc. I had lost 5 lbs. By the time I came back, and started again, I had gained the 5 lbs. back. I started again on March 18th. I am not the fasted loser on MFP but I have lost 31 lbs (I haven't updated yet) in about 5 1/2 months. So I average just a little over 1 lb. a week. My next mini goal, which you can see in my signature, is 150. I was 150.2 this morning. So close! And so close to the 140s which is really exciting for me! I'm hoping to at least get to 150 this week but would love it if you see me in the 140s on our updated chart!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I've loved reading everyone's stories.

And Veronica - I have been thinking of chilli lately too!

Fall is my favorite season, and I hit the farmers market on Saturday. I have a big bag of apples, and may just do some crock-pot applesauce to fill the house with that yummy smell!

Have a great night all & let's get our mornings started right!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I'm Shannon. I'm 24 and live in a suburb of Memphis, Tennessee. I was married in March of this year to a great guy, and we have a 2-year-old basset hound named Watson. He's a mess but we love him! My husband and I both graduated with our bachelors and masters degrees from Ole Miss and we are both environmental engineers. I started this weight loss journey after our wedding. I tend to lose weight slowly, but I just keep telling myself "it's a journey, not a race." I am "that girl" who does a lot of cardio (walking, jogging, swimming, etc), but I am learning to love strength training.

My biggest hurdle for this challenge will be our weekly college football parties. I am trying to learn how to control my portions and resist temptation, but it's hard! I'm looking forward to the support and enthusiasm all of you will bring!
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Hi All! I've loved reading everyone's stories.

And Veronica - I have been thinking of chilli lately too!

Fall is my favorite season, and I hit the farmers market on Saturday. I have a big bag of apples, and may just do some crock-pot applesauce to fill the house with that yummy smell!

Have a great night all & let's get our mornings started right!

Crockpot applesauce? Please tell me how you make this! My children love applesauce!!! :)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    I have lost another pound! :bigsmile: I can't tell you how AWESOME this feels. I was staying 220 forever so it seemed...so this plateau it looks like is over. I'm glad....because I was beginning to hate that number! I'm sure the weight loss will slow down, my body must be catching up to all the exercise I have been doing. I am off to a good start...so I am thankful for this. I'm also sure SLEEP has a major part in this...since I wasn't getting any! Hope you all have a really great Thursday. :happy:
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Just found this link...sorry I am late I have had the flu and lets be honest that is just not that much fun at all...thank you so much for setting this up and the chart looks wonderful

Hi all I am 32 trying to drop about 80-90lbs I have already lost about 80lbs (more but have gained about 30 or so back from moving getting married etc. I could go on with excuses but it is what I have done lol)...my goal is to work on the mental and physical aspects of shedding these pounds because I have found out that if you don't do the mental work it seems that it is easy to let the lbs creep back up on us :(

I have been married for one year to the greatest man in the world and we will be moving at the beginning of 2012 I would like to be my most fabulous self (sorry been watching a lot of reruns of sex and the city while I have been in bed lol) when we get to our new location....my husband is in the military so that means we will be moving a lot lol....I am a full time student trying to finish up my degrees and hope that when we move I can be a part time worker and a full time student

We don't have any children yet just furbabies :)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Crystal: Congratulations on your weight loss and busted plateau.

Good Luck this week.

The weather is dreary and gray and motivation is slipping. Hopefully I can
    get my walk in today at lunch. Tomorrow will be strength training. :bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    gonna write out my goals for today so i have some accountability to stick to them....

1. six 16.9 bottles of water before i leave work at 430 and three 16.9 bottles while i'm working out tonight
    2. lunch time walk/run - 3+miles - 45-60 mins - 300+ cal burn
    3. gym workout with trainer with cardio before and after - 500+ cals burned - 90-110 mins - 3+ miles
    4. 1/2 my chinese food order on my plate - other 1/2 in the fridge BEFORE I start eating so as not to re-fill my plate
    5. one 24oz tumbler of water after chinese dinner/before bed
    6. bed BEFORE 1130...
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fabulous idea to write down your goals for the day :)
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    My name is Jill. I have two grown children and am married to my second husband since 1996. I joined MFP Spring 2009 when I weighed 222 and was happy to reach 199. Unfortunately, I started regaining weight in November 2010 when I found out there were problems in my marriage and by March 2011 I had reached an all time high weight of 229! I started having major high blood pressure problems for the first time ever. I rejoined MFP and my husband and I started counseling that Novemeber. We are communicating better now. We have made God the center of our lives and we're each working on our individual issues to become the best person we can be with God's help.
    I know my health and happiness also depend on my committment to lose weight and walk daily. I'm now at 201 and feel so much better after having lost 28 pounds. My husband and children are great at encouraging me to stay on track to good health. I know that if I do my part, God will do the rest. I'm so eager to do the work and stay focused to lose 20 more pounds by Christmas Day!
    I appreciate Kristen for doing this HHH challenge for all of us. Good luck to us all! We can do it!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thank you Krisin! I have tried so many challeges on here and this is by dar the first time i feel like i can do this and you are so sweet! Thanks for your help! Im florishing with the weight loss already! i cant wait for next weigh in!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    had a great workout, 75min spinning class and 45min of weights...im doing a food challenge that is really helping with the weight loss.....will check in tomorrow...

have a great day all:flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    REMINDER!!!:flowerforyou:

Current Weight: 178
    Challenge Goal Weight 165:
    09/05: 178
    09/12:
    09/19:
    09/26:
    10/03: <<<mini goal weight>>> - 5lbs from SW 174
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: <<<mini goal weight>>> - 10lbs from SW 170
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<mini goal weight>>> - 15lbs from SW 166
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<challenge goal weight>>> -20lbs from SW162

i have adjusted the amount to lose 4lbs a month(very hard to lose weight for me)

hope i can join

thanks
    pam