October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @marisap2010 fantastic job! I bet you feel so great. I felt like it took a long time but once I saw my arms toning up it was such a boost.

@polskagirl01 yay for getting your spot in the race! Quite the HM streak you have going and you are killing it!

@Teresa502 how are you feeling about your MCM virtual coming up?

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    10/01/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 2.1
    10/02/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 3.9

It's a bare minimum kind of day. Again.

TGIF.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow

October Total: 14k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Cloudy, upper 40s F, and hardly any wind at all. Had some nice light rain to keep me company during the last k today. Actually was fine with running alone

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited October 2020
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I'm going to say 100 miles this month.

exercise.png

Are you still doing the MCM virtual @T1DCarnivoreRunner ?

@Teresa502 Yes, absolutely!

Here's my plan:
    10/3 - Witch Dance 25K (Houston, MS)
    10/17 - Walking Tall 25K (Pocahontas, TN)
    10/18 - Wade Mountain 1/2 Marathon (Huntsville, AL)
    Week of 10/19 or maybe 10/31? (not sure) - MCM Virtual (will find a good spot)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,699 Member

exercise.png

Here's my plan:

Yay! Misery loves company ya' know!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

exercise.png

Here's my plan:

Yay! Misery loves company ya' know!

The medals are super cool with volcanic sand from Iwo Jima. I normally don't do virtuals, but I'm not passing up this medal.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @AlphaHowls super job in September!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Anyone have any pro tips for dealing with painful, leaky (sorry for TMI) blisters under toenails? My big toe was sore after my long run (silly me, trying to run down a dry river bed in road shoes) on Saturday, and I'd noticed it was a bit purple looking but it wasn't until after this morning's run, when it started hurting again, that I really examined it and found it was raised and the corner (don't ask, it's a weird nail that was operated on 30 years ago and the roots down the sides were killed) was sticking up a lot. When I went to try and cut the corner to stop it catching on anything I found a blister underneath, which has been kinda leaking all day. I'm trying to keep it clean and let it air to dry it out, but dang it hurts and I have a virtual race on Saturday!

The doctor who operated on it? Is that person still around and in your rolodex? Good luck with this but it sounds like a medical professional might help. I am so sorry you have to put up with this so close to a race. Ugh.
  • durhammfp

If you have a hematoma, what a doctor would probably do is trephinate the nail.

https://windhamhospital.org/health-community/health-news/detail?id=zm6154

I never have the nerve with my own toes but my husband has done it with his toe and it was much improved afterwards. Just be sure to keep it clean.

Y'all have a lot more stomach than I do. I almost faint at the thought of painful things happening to my boney areas.
  • durhammfp
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    October Goal: 100 Miles

I started off October with a 10K. It was another perfect running weather morning. I could really get used to this. I have a HM coming up on November 7th. I was following a Hal Higdon plan that I tweaked, and the last few weeks I have been running, but not doing any speed work. So today I attempted a Tempo Run. I'm not entirely sure if I did it right.

You are where I want to be in about in 3-4 months. Right now I'm finishing a 10K training plan, will do a virtual 10K, take a week off, then start on training for a HM that would be in mid Feb, if it were being held. How did you choose that particular training plan for your HM?

• durhammfp
    noblsheep wrote: »
    ...escaped four pieces of fried chicken later....

Well, was it good fried chicken?

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited October 2020
    Took a ride on the bike today down to the seafront and back, managed to dodge the rain!