What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Chicken laksa.
    ajbx9kmggw8s.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2020
    Pasta w tuna and green olives.daz5xpj8mtux.jpg
    I made this today because I asked my son and DIL what they wanted for lunch--the choice was a chorus.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    The pasta with tuna and olives looks great, is there any other ingredients such as a sauce of any kind?
  • snowflake954
    vaman wrote: »
    The pasta with tuna and olives looks great, is there any other ingredients such as a sauce of any kind?

Our tuna is packed in olive oil so I leave that instead of draining it.

I open the tuna and with a fork squeeze out most of the oil into a pan (if you don't have tuna packed in oil, drain out the water and use EVOO in your saucepan). The oil in the pan is usually a mix of oil and liquid, then I chop green olives and add them to the pan, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder. Bring it to a boil for about a minute and then add some of the salty water from the olives. Bring it to a boil again. Turn off the heat and let sit. When cooled a bit add in the tuna and mix well. Tuna is already cooked and I don't like to overcook, but want it warm. When the pasta is al-dente, drain and add the tuna mixture with fresh basil. This is one of the favorites in our home. There was a little left today so I got some--it was good.

As most of you know, I make pasta almost everyday. It is best when eaten immediately--that's the trick. We have lunch at 13:30 (1:30 US), and everybody is present 5 minutes ahead of time, so, I time my pasta to be ready then. The news is on, there's a lot of chatter, and we all eat together. It's the Italian way.
  • vaman
    snowflake954

Thanks very much for the recipe, it sounds delicious....I hope to try it very soon.

• acpgee
    Salade aux gesiers.
    vmuggrfj7sz7.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    kys5i8gr0v3r.jpeg

Roasted vegetables with lemon, basil and halloumi.
  • vaman

Thanks for the recipe, had it for dinner tonight and it was really great.

• snowflake954

Thanks for the recipe, had it for dinner tonight and it was really great.

So glad it worked for you!
  • acpgee
    x3xjt3jinrav.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @senalay788 -😉
  • snowflake954
    senalay788 wrote: »
    @snowflake954

Sea bream is one of my absolute fav fish to butterfly and grill.

Yes--it would be terrific grilled, but I live in an apartment in the city and it's not possible. I love watching your grilled photos. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    4gou4sj2dy1q.jpg

Mornflake Granola with fruit, nuts and seeds, in a bowl of low fat milk.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w chickpeas, garlic, rosemary, and EVOO.9lo93ngcvxlb.jpg