Breakfast....What do you have ??

Replies

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2020
    Love breakfast! My go-to combo is strained low fat goat yogurt, all-bran style cereal (max fiber in that), chia seeds and walnuts. This comes at 400ckal, with 14g of fiber, 34g of protein and almost the full RDI for Omega-3 fats.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    To be honest, it's often a Slimfast shake (latte flavour), it's quick and easy and yes I like the taste, plus it keeps me full for hours.

If I have more time, I make porridge or I'll have yoghurt with something like shreddies and a drizzle of honey.

My favourite would be 2 slices of toast with peanutbutter, but it just doesn't keep me full at all, I could eat that all day.
  • Treblesmama
    Treblesmama Posts: 11 Member
    I don't usually eat in the morning, coffee with HWC keeps me till around 11am.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    A pumpkin bagel and a cup of hot collagen (chocolate flavored) with oat milk...
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Homemade steel cut oats or Cheerios during the week. Waffles or eggs and bacon on Saturday and Sunday. Black coffee.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Weekdays I'm usually an oatmeal and powdered protein drink guy. On Sunday I make a breakfast sandwich (bacon, eggs, toast or English muffin, cheese slice). Coffee every morning, too!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    During the week it's normally some huel (banana atm) or toast, at the weekend it's normally toast or a sandwich.

I don't have breakfast if I'm not hungry, that happens sometimes, so on those days it's just a cup of white coffee.
  • ddavenport6962
    ddavenport6962 Posts: 17 Member
    Well, im gonna sound very boring compared to everyone on here. I usually get up around 7.30 am
    every day (even now while still in lockdown) .
    I have a sachet of Carmens oats , low sugar and fat (Australian) , there are various flavours - with almond milk and a cup of instant coffee with soy milk. Thats it, i have that almost everyday . It is only 210 calories all up , I enjoy it and i find it filling enough that i dont often need anything more until lunch . Therfore leaving plenty of calories for the rest of the day 😊
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT wrote: »

Lol! How can someone "disagree" with what I have for breakfast...?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Sometimes no breakfast...sometimes just some oats...sometimes a bagel and cream cheese....it varies

This morning I'm having two eggs scrambled with ham, sauteed spinach, and some cantelope.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    @J72FIT There's no crying in baseball and no whining over woo's or disagrees. You remember the old days. Someone whines and then they really give you something to cry about. Just keep tooling along.

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2020
    Most days? a cigarette and a pot of tea, perhaps a little fruit syrup in the tea.

If I'm super hungry? bread and eggs, perhaps some dairy with it. I'm basic like that.

What if someone disagrees with you disagreeing with them disagreeing with your breakfast? :p
    ETA: wasn't me, for the record.

• J72FIT
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Most days? a cigarette and a pot of tea, perhaps a little fruit syrup in the tea.

If I'm super hungry? bread and eggs, perhaps some dairy with it. I'm basic like that.

What if someone disagrees with you disagreeing with them disagreeing with your breakfast? :p
    ETA: wasn't me, for the record.

LMAO! I only ask because it's not like it was an opinion question. What do you think a good breakfast is? So bizarre. I wish the person would have commented instead of just click "disagree"...
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Normally have oatmeal with 2TBS of creamy peanut butter for protein.. If Im craving chocolate, I will add a dash of hot chocolate mix in it.

Lately I have been eating Jimmy Dean Turkey Scrambles with splashes of hot sauce.
  • J72FIT
    Normally have oatmeal with 2TBS of creamy peanut butter for protein.. If Im craving chocolate, I will add a dash of hot chocolate mix in it.

You just gave me an idea. Oatmeal with peanut butter and jelly....

• gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    I enjoy 2 eggs scrambled plain w/tsp picante, 2 bacon, 1 dry toast 100% whole grain sugar free, 2 cups plain black coffee. Normally 7 a.m. which is 1 hour after my workouts.
  • Chooklet57
    Chooklet57 Posts: 43 Member
    Weekdays I either have:
    soy- lin (Burgen) bread toasted 1 slice with avocado, cherry tomatoes and a poached egg on top (done in microwave). or
    same toast with ricotta and strawberries, or
    sometimes overnight oats - half a cup with chiai seeds/cinnamon /half a cup unsweetened almond milk/blueberries and always a cup of tea and 2 skim piccolos (everyday!)
    On weekends eat breakfast out Sat and Sunday and partener and I share a brekky (with the usual tea and coffees)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Coffee. When it's hot out, I do iced coffee with protein powder, and maybe follow that with a light greek yogurt and fruit. As it cools off, I switch to hot coffee (a little milk and protein added) and tend to snack on peanuts, banana, or oatmeal. But I sometimes eat an egg, cookie, protein bar, or corn dog, it just depends.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2020
    Today was coffee, a cup of goat milk, rye bread with peanut butter+bilberry jam and some walnuts.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Often I can take or leave breakfast, however it must be said that breakfast is, for some reason, my absolute favourite meal to go OUT for! I love a breakfast/ brunch at a cafe!

When I'm home I usually have a small bowl of muesli with banana, around 200 calories. Oh, and coffee. Coffee is VERY important :D