Breakfast....What do you have ??

12346»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited October 2020
    Update. Oatmeal with peanut butter and jelly mixed in is freakin awesome!

I should note, I made overnight oats so they are cold. Will try cooked oats next....
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Coffee. Dark roast. Black. Steaming hot. Leave me the hell alone until I have the first cup... nothing else is needed or wanted.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited October 2020
    Coffee with a bit of milk first thing in the morning and then breakfast (aka my kids' lunch) around 11. I either have what they're having or I have leftovers.

If I do have an early breakfast its usually a frozen egg wrap or something. Maybe oatmeal with soy milk. I'm not usually hungry in the morning. I think I've inadvertently gone into a 16:8 intermittent fasting... but with coffee or tea in between. Sometimes ill have a late night snack though (which is probably why I'm not so hungry in the morning).

Breakfast is defined as the first meal YOU eat to break your overnight fast. It doesn't need to be at 7 am. It can be at noon if you want it to be. So I mean... if you never have breakfast ie never break your fast... you'll die eventually. In that sense it is important.
  • reedbryant
    reedbryant Posts: 17 Member
    Protein shake.
    Apple cinnamon Oatmeal.
    Fruit.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    This morning was ham with buttered toast.
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    Greek yogurt and coffee. On weekends I eat eggs sometimes, and I drink a protein shake after my workout (which is often in the morning).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    Coffee
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Creature of habit, Usually its a hard boiled egg with multigrain toast. A spinach omelet or a spinach/chard saute with egg if I'm adventurous!
  • msapplek
    msapplek Posts: 95 Member
    When I started MFP, I also was doing intermittent fasting. So I skipped breakfast and looked forward to eating a satisfying and big lunch. IF and calorie tracking were really good as tools and parameters for losing weight.

However, in the last couple of months, with some increased exercising and strength training in the mornings, I felt like I needed a breakfast to sustain energy and help with some muscle growth. And I gotta say....I forgot how much I LOVE BREAKFAST!

During workouts, my mind wanders and I'll inevitably think about how much I'm looking forward to eating breakfast after working out. Favorites include: cottage cheese and blueberry chia jam, veggie egg scramble, Greek yogurt with fruit. And bananas! That is one that I didn't usually eat during IF, but I am really enjoying bananas again. Yum. I'll always have a coffee with protein powder. And currently my go-to is Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice coffee with protein powder and protein almond & cashew milk.
  • TonyB0588
    carakirkey wrote: »
    Creature of habit, Usually its a hard boiled egg with multigrain toast. A spinach omelet or a spinach/chard saute with egg if I'm adventurous!

Yes. Boiled egg and toast, after my bowl of cereal. Plus a cup of tea.
  • I've never been able to eat much in the morning after I went through the process of growing my kids. So usually buttered toast and a lot of hot tea suffices. There's also a little problem as one of the meds I take every day is an appetite suppressant, and if I wait until the morning dislike for food disappears but take my pill on time, I'll take three bites and be bored with eating and stop, which is not good. I need to eat a certain amount, after all! If I find that lunch is going to run late that day, I usually have a cup of yogurt around ten am and that will carry me on through til 12:30 or 1.
  • TonyB0588
    I've never been able to eat much in the morning after I went through the process of growing my kids. So usually buttered toast and a lot of hot tea suffices. There's also a little problem as one of the meds I take every day is an appetite suppressant, and if I wait until the morning dislike for food disappears but take my pill on time, I'll take three bites and be bored with eating and stop, which is not good. I need to eat a certain amount, after all! If I find that lunch is going to run late that day, I usually have a cup of yogurt around ten am and that will carry me on through til 12:30 or 1.

What do you mean by "growing my kids"? In my parents house, they raised us four kids with a respect for family mealtimes including breakfast. Something was prepared and the whole family sat to eat it together.

In my own house we started right but didn't end right with our three kids. We still eat breakfast, but a lot of individual self help, and my son eats almost all his meals in his bedroom.

Today was special. We all had the same breakfast at the same time. Bacon, scrambled egg, baked beans, buttered toast, tea.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    It sounds terrible but so often I just have lots of coffee! Its milky coffee though, i love it. I've been trying to cut back though but its been hard, i just love coffee so much.
  • TonyB0588
    It sounds terrible but so often I just have lots of coffee! Its milky coffee though, i love it. I've been trying to cut back though but its been hard, i just love coffee so much.

I love coffee too, but often have tea with my breakfast.

Recently I've been trying to include some days with increased protein in my breakfast, but it doesn't always work out.