Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Just wanted to pop in an introduce myself since I'd like to join in the fun as a fellow housemate. :) My name is Kelly, and I just got started with MFP yesterday, so I'm a newbie all the way around. I work in the evenings, so my posting times might be a little odd (either late afternoon or late night hours after 1am).

Starting weight 249.8, EOM goal is 241. I'm hoping for more (would love to be in the 30s), but I'll be happy if I drop that much.

I'll try to catch up with the challenge and figure out what else I need to start posting, but feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaw!! Stay tuned - the Heads of Houses are tweaking rules again. I'll let you know what changes will be made, if any, as soon as I know.

Wondered how soon this would happen. <chuckle>

Yeah, gwen - so did I! The other HoH's want us all to have our say, but its just easier all the way around in situations like this if one person takes the reigns and sets the ground rules.

Welcome to Kelly - our newest Ravenclaw! Glad to see you here!

I've done well this week with the water and "just move" OWLs. I don't spend a great amount of time exercising each day, so I'm only earning about 30 House Points a day. But every little bit helps! I've had to rearrange my evening family time to allow for more study - one of my classes looks like its going to be tough. The prof says that if assignments are just 1 day late, she will dock 50% from your score for that assigment - that would not be cool!!

Happy day to you all Ravenclaw! I'll try to post our starting stats this evening.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hullo! I'm new to MFP, but I'm a HP fanatic! Read the books thru many times and have some fanfiction online on a few sites. I would love to join Ravenclaw and if anyone could let me know how this works I'd be grateful! Putting HP with weightloss seems so fun!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    yet another late day at work cancelling out plans for dinner and workout!! grrrr!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hullo! I'm new to MFP, but I'm a HP fanatic! Read the books thru many times and have some fanfiction online on a few sites. I would love to join Ravenclaw and if anyone could let me know how this works I'd be grateful! Putting HP with weightloss seems so fun!

Hi there Scarlettdawn764. Here's a link to the Ravenclaw house September challenge guidelines: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/azsuzi/view/hogwarts-september-inter-house-challenge-ravenclaw-house-144095

To join in, we need a starting weight for you as well as your goal weight for September. The link above also outlines how to earn OWLs each week and how to earn House Points for the inter-house challenge going on with the other houses.

Welcome to Ravenclaw!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello all.......checking in and am happy to say I met all the challenges today!

1 OWL for exercise
    1 OWL for all 64 oz. of water
    1 OWL for checking in
    and 162 house points

Keep it all going Ravenclaws!! We can do this!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    The prof says that if assignments are just 1 day late, she will dock 50% from your score for that assigment - that would not be cool!!
    You sound like a real Ravenclaw!

Good luck on this term.
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    This is my first real post (not counting Sunday's weigh in) so I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Karin and I recently moved to Maine for work. It is beautiful here and getting out to explore the scenery with my dog has been very good for my exercise goals this summer, but once the snow hits and I'm stuck indoors I know it will be harder. I obviously love Harry Potter and have been easing my way into the fan community slowly over the last few years. I have read the books many times, am into wizard rock, and more recently have been obsessed with Pottermore (but trying to wander through the site slowly to make it last longer). I have been lacking motivation recently and am happy that I found this group. A challenge is just what I needed!

Today's Stats:
    Food: 1 Owl
    Exercise: 1 Owl
    Spirit: 1 Owl
    House Points: 58

Weekly Stats:
    Owls-7
    House Points- 188
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I fear that I have hit a plateau again.....I hope it passes by soon

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Here are the starting stats for everyone for September's Inter-House Challenge. We had a great turnout with only a few earning detentions in their first week (if there's a "D" in your weight column, you're in detention!!)

Ravenclaw09.05.11.jpg
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just checking in :wink:

I'm suffering more from boot camp today. All that jogging and squats have left my legs, especially my thighs just above my knees (not sure which muscle group that is) very sore and stiff. At least my arms and shoulders are feeling much better today.

However I'm having a bit of a dilemma as to whether to go or not tomorrow morning. Boot camp runs from 6-7am. I have to get up at 5am in order to have a quick breakfast and ride my bike to the gym. And at 10am I have a job interview for a casual summer job (I already have a job, but with limited hours). Given that I'm already super achey, I'm a bit worried that I'll be a wreck after tomorrow's session and go to my interview exhausted. So hmm... I should probably go anyway right? All those exercise endorphins will probably give me a nice pre-interview boost. I can't tell if I'm being reasonably hesitant or just wimping out lol.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    Since I am starting in the middle of the week should I wait until Friday to start keeping track of house points and OWLs and then post a week later?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I was all set to run this morning at 5:15am- went down in the basement because I just had a feeling and sure enough 2 inches of water throughout!!!! I simply can not wait for this rain to STOP!!!! I'm looking outside my classroom window and there is literally a lake where the sidewalk used to be- probably 8 inches deep!!! Ugg

Today's Stats:
    Food- 1 Owl
    Exercise- 1 Owl
    Spirit- 1 Owl

Weekly Stats:
    Owls- 21
    House Points- 285
  • _gwen
    Options
    Slacked off on my water yesterday. I'm planning on getting my walk in at lunch.

*Progress towards week of 9/4 OWLS -9/8 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +4
    Food (64 oz water) - +3
    Exercise (Move) - +4 (cleaned and filled hot tub, used WorkRave for breaks)

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 110
    9/8 exercise minutes - none to report so far
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws! Yesterday was a really good day for me! I was under calories, exercised, and actually got all my homework done. Woot!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    Okay, my starting weight is 152. I would love to get down to 147 by the end of this month. That would put me at exactly having lost forty pounds since the beginning of the year, and it would also help me reach a longtime personal goal. I have not been below 150 in over ten years. I would like for September to be the month I change all that!!! :D
  • nonni54
    Options
    Hello! I would like to join Ravenclaw if it's not too late.
    My CW is 174 and I'd like to be 168 by October 1st.
  • _gwen
    Options
    So hmm... I should probably go anyway right? All those exercise endorphins will probably give me a nice pre-interview boost. I can't tell if I'm being reasonably hesitant or just wimping out lol.
    You'll be less achey if you keep moving.

I say go.
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    On my way out the door and to the gym! Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm in my abnormal psych class right now. I'm such a rebel, being on MFP instead of learning! Oh wait, nope, I'm just a college student. At least I'm not on Facebook! :laugh: