Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    I'm so far behind it's not even funny! 😭 I'll catch up one day. But for now an update and some goals.

So I don't remember what I've told you all about work but it's gotten even more stressful over the last few days. One student we didn't know was violent and targeted people showed his true colors on Thursday and again yesterday. He attacked another student twice and then reinjured a para who was hurt last year by another student. THEN a new student started who is also known to be violent who hurt the classroom teacher on Thursday but was a doll yesterday. Everyone was scared of him though because he's like 6'2" 240ish pounds. And all the Paras and teacher in the class are women who definitely couldn't take him. So it's pretty scary. Thank God my student doesn't even give a crap when all hell breaks loose. She just goes about her business. So I get to stay out of harms way at least.

So because of all of that I'm contemplating going back to school in the spring. There's a program at the local vo-tech school that I'm interested in and it's only $500. It's a phlebotomy and EKG course. They make a decent wage. At least for where I live and I'll get my government certification so I can work anywhere. But that doesn't start until the spring time.

In the mean time I'm considering asking for a reassignment. Even if it's to a different school district. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to deal with the stress of this. Which is leading to major stress/emotional eating. I'm up to 210.4lbs with damp hair. I nearly cried when I saw that number.

I need to start logging again. To keep an accurate record of what I'm eating. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I've always had a problem with this though because when I see the final calorie intake number after a day of poor eating I get so depressed. But I need to get over that and make this a habit!

Okay, into some goals!

- up @ 530 😁
    - post 😁
    - email P
    - put dishes away
    - write 1 scene OR work on second outline
    - read 1 chapter/ TDQ
    - PT @ 6
    - leftovers for dinner
    - actually clean up after dinner
    - ask about Google classroom
    - call to reschedule appt
    - bed by 10
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2020
    @HEGoddard0928 I am so sorry to hear about the stressors you are going through at work. I hope things get better and you are able to stay safe.
  • TiffanyPe17
    Good morning friends! I think today should be pretty low key, I don’t have a lot going on. Hopefully that means that I will be able to get a longer walk or two in again today. I really enjoyed that yesterday. So, just for today, Wednesday October 14th, I will

•Walk
    •Supervision
    •Client
    •Eat 3 meals

I ate three meals yesterday but had a difficult time getting in enough calories, so I found myself having to snack on things late at night just to have enough calories that MFP would allow me to finish my food diary. I hope to avoid that today.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day on all fronts

For Tuesday keep my focus. I am 9 months into a long journey.

1800 calories: 1633
    Work out for 80 minutes: 85 including a 2.52 mile walk
    Make good choices: Made solid choices all day. Felt good
    Support my bride: Easy to do. She’s always there for me
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t snack on the couch: Done, done and done. Cool, slow stroll with my bride after dinner. [/quote]

For Wednesday focus on the long haul. Getting healthy isn’t a event.

1900 calories:
    Work out for 45 minutes:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t snack on the couch:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    @ZizzyBumble and @Snowflake1968 thank you for the birthday wishes.

@SERmom3 thank you for the energy bites link ~ I usually have those ingredients on hand so will try them. Nice to have another alternative.

@bookmeister86 I snack on hard boiled eggs, veggies & hummus, nuts, skyr or yogurt, fruit. Sometimes crunchy & salty satisfies me, like popcorn or veggie chips (crisps) but not my healthiest go-to. My NP tells me to always eat some protein with every snack & meal. It helps satiate me.

@momofthree9845 welcome! This thread is great for accountability and support. I used to post in Just Give Me 10 Days (JGM10D) where we weighed daily for 10 days at a time. It really helped me understand my weight fluctuations, especially related to sodium & eating out (takeout these days), or not drinking enough water. I realized my scale trend was more important than the daily number.

@HEGoddard0928 Hugs!!! Hope you get things sorted out for work.

Recap T 10/13 ~ work in office
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :/ -216 :smiley: 14c
    3) NHC to-do list / GA-IT write-ups / Facebook Live video / catch up some email backlog / save electronics to G or H drives :) 5/5
    4) Write TY for bday gift / prep lunch/snacks/water bottle for W / wash dishes / one more chore > 3 :) 3/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS :) 3/3 then had to text hubby from bed when mail truck finally showed up 9:25 p.m.

JFT W 10/14 ~ work in conference room day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) AJNH / prep for GA-ROP4CP / catch up some email backlog / save electronics to flash drive for work from home
    4) Card & little gift for office-mate / write TY for bday gift / meal plan & grocery list / one more chore
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work at home)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Oct 13
    Weight 196.6
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - :)
    15 minutes of activity - :)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Wednesday Oct 14
    Weight 195.8
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@AJB1014 - Nice to see you pop on for a minute.

@HEGoddard0928 - I worked as a teachers aide for a few months and that job is not for me. I loved the children without challenges, but the violent ones scared me and made me so sad all at the same time. I have the utmost respect for those that can do it. I think that's an excellent idea about going back to school in the Spring. It sure would be a good job to have and I would think pretty secure as well.

I let the bad eating days stress me a bit too, but they also motivate me and keep me accountable. I haven't had a green day for months and months now, but I have lowered the number in the red by hundreds over the last couple of months so I know that logging is helping me. You can do it, you've done it before.

@momofthree9845 - I think quarantine has got is all up more than we want to be. I found this group in 2018 and give it a lot of the credit for helping me lose 25lbs. I have regained almost all of that, but am back down to around 7lbs lost again. Welcome, just keep coming back.

@WellingTX - You are so inspiring, I hope your wife treats you with the respect you seem to show her.

@cschmitz110515 - I used to use the Just Give Me 10 Days post too, I should start that again maybe. It really did help a lot.

It's going to be a busy day at work, the scheduler/receptionist is out sick which means I have to answer the main phones as well. I should get at it, I am off on Friday and need to get a lot caught up to be ready for payroll on Monday today and tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Little_Lassassin
    Little_Lassassin Posts: 10 Member
    Happy hump day! Keep pushing yourselves to be awesome!

A little update since I haven’t been around in a few weeks; I struggled with gaining weight back and got depressed about it. It’s hard sometimes between the exhaustion of work, chores at home, and then social settings where I end up eating way more than I should.

I’m currently training to switch from housekeeping to CNA at work, so juggling both shifts is even more exhausting than usual.

I saw the biggest weight increase this week - 6 lbs 😰 But I’ve been working hard to stay on track, and I’ve already dropped 4 of it back off. (I think some of it was water weight due to my period). Hoping to be completely back on the path to my goal by Monday.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Scratch what I said about not getting involved at work.

I did my first restraint today. Just a primary hold and the victim didn't get hurt this time. She saw the aggressor start toward her and screamed and took off running. Out of the classroom and everything. It's been a total nightmare. I was still shaking from the adrenaline 90 minutes later. And of course when I left at the end of the day I stopped at the store, got a soda and popcorn, then had two donuts when I got home. BUT they're faithfully logged! And I have hopes of keeping the rest of my night in check. We'll see.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 I’m sorry you had to restrain a child. It’s something I’ve had to do and it’s not nice. As much as you know that you did it for the right reasons it’s hard. I hope your school gives you plenty of support. The post incident support and reflection is hugely important for learning for both the child and adults. From my perspective, if restraining a child does not upset you, you need to question your compassion. It’s not something you should become hardened to. It takes a special person to work with children who express themselves through violence. Sending you hugs.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 14 October

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :) I walked about 7 miles admiring the view and quite a few more steps doing the housework. It was a beautiful day followed by a lovely sunset.
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.3 kg lost in last 7 days 😊

Good morning everyone. It’s a beautiful morning, the bed is stripped and the laundry is on. Once it’s hung out to dry, I plan to go for a walk. I hope you have a good day. 🐝

• TiffanyPe17
    just for today, Wednesday October 14th, I will

•Walk✅✅ I actually got two walks in for a total of 5.92 miles and I am currently at 13.485 steps! Super proud of myself for this one 😁 but somehow my Apple Watch only registerd that I did 19/30 exercise minutes? I really don’t understand that and it frustrates me because it won’t close my rings. This is a really old Apple Watch and my husband mentioned he may get me a new one
    For Christmas, so maybe that will fix the problem 🤞🏻
    •Supervision✅
    •Client✅
    •Eat 3 meals✅

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    mrsbfe wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to participating in a community, but it looks like it would be quite helpful. I've enjoyed reading some of the posts here, I'll post more when I get a bit more comfortable. (I'm not very skilled with peopleing :# )

I had to comment on your “not very skilled with peopleing” my adult daughter tells her close friends, and family that we aren’t people, people set off her social anxiety. We aren’t considered people because she is comfortable and safe with us. So I think I get you. Welcome.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 15 October

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.5kg lost in last 7 days 😊
  • HEGoddard0928

- up @ 530 😁
    - post 😁
    - email P 😔 Totally forgot
    - put dishes away 😁 And loaded and ran the dishwasher when I went to sleep!
    - write 1 scene OR work on second outline 😔
    - read 1 chapter/ TDQ 😔/😁TDQ stands for The Dark Queens and it's a pet project that my bff is writing with characters that were originally based on us and our other bff. The author is fricken amazing and it's turning out great! We look forward to reading it every time she posts the next chapter in our group chat. It's been really cool.
    - PT @ 6 😁 The physical therapist gave me a new stretch last night that was really hard and tiring. I was so sore by the time I was done.
    - leftovers for dinner 😁 Was yummy
    - actually clean up after dinner 😁
    - ask about Google classroom 😔 Yesterday was just too crazy at work
    - call to reschedule appt 😔
    - bed by 10😁 Turned the light out at 9:59. Lol.

So yesterday was rough. I had to take an hour walk to eventually be okay when I got home from work. It worked to calm me down. I played some walking games on my phone and it helped me relax.
    The evening wasn't too bad. I put some chicken in my crock pot to batch cook so I could put some on salads in the afternoon. And I cut up the romaine hearts I had in the fridge so I have stuff prepped for salads for lunches.

PT was hard last night but I got home and and heated up dinner. Then took a shower, emptied the sink, and got into my PJs. I made some tea and got ready for bed. I was just too exhausted not to. Lol

Okay into some goals.

- up @ 5:30 😁
    - post 😔
    - work (7-11:15)
    - ask about Google classroom
    - D's
    - PT@ 6
    - leftovers for dinner
    - clean up dinner
    - call to reschedule appt
    - bed by 11

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    [/b]Meh. If there’s a positive it’s that my out of scope times are fewer and less drastic then nine months ago

For Wednesday focus on the long haul. Getting healthy isn’t a event.

1900 calories: 2831
    Work out for 45 minutes: 0
    Make good choices: Was on track until after dinner.
    Support my bride: She’s always been there for me.
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t snack on the couch:Dinner at the table unplugged, the rest not so much[/quote]

For Thursday success isn’t a straight line but I can’t simply accept my failures. Don’t dwell but work to understand and learn.

1800 calories:
    Work out for 80 minutes:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Both unplugged. For real, don’t snack or eat on the couch:
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    WEDNESDAY:
    - no chips🟢
    - Exercise🟢
    - Pick up a few groceries🔴
    - Meal plan / food prep / indoor chores🟢
    - S to soccer🟢
    - outdoor chores🟢

So, I’m doing good with my “no chip challenge”, but I think I need to add to it. I find I’m doing a lot of mindless snacking...on things like dry cereal, which I’ve never done before. I just feel like I want to be crunching on something. I need to break this new habit.

JFT THURSDAY:
    - No chips/no snacking
    - Exercise
    - Log food
    - E to soccer
    - Fish pick up
    - Library pick up
    - Curriculum night at school
    - Church meeting

***NO CHIPS OR SNACKING IN OCTOBER**
    Earn a leaf 🍁 for each day I complete without one bite of chips (crisps) or mindless snacking! 🤐
    October 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
    🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Have a great day! 💕
  • TiffanyPe17
    Just for today, Thursday October 15th, 2020 I will:

•Walk-try for same distance as yesterday
    •Client
    •Look at new office spaces
    •Laundry
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member