What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Zesty Mexican Chicken Soup from Cooking Without Fat by George Mateljan

Edit: Not sure how to post my own pictures. Perhaps one day.
  • RVLife33912
    RVLife33912 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    8hhffqsa7qgi.jpg

Lunch: Hailey Pomroy Turkey Chili
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Starter of salad with blue cheese, grapes and bits of candied walnut. Main of linguine aglio olio e peperoncino.
    unogzto6hjjr.jpeg
    tjix11ves5q5.jpeg

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @BarbaraHelen2013

Would you share your vegan chocolate 'yum' with us? Sure looks yum!

https://nadiashealthykitchen.com/2-ingredient-chocolate-fudge/

That’s the recipe I used with a few tweaks to suit myself. I used a Dark Roasted Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter (Whole Earth brand) and a high cocoa solids chocolate (84%), added a scant tbsp of date syrup once the chocolate and peanut butter were melted. You may not need the sweetener if your chocolate isn’t as dark as mine was. It made 48 pieces, when set in some silicone chocolate bar moulds.

I made the fudge and it was very good. I added a little coconut. Thanks for the recipe.
    PS: I microwaved all the ingredients together.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    fzu8xgt9cm0h.jpeg

Amylu brand paleo chicken andouille sausages with a side of seedy mustard, and roasted veggies: carrots, bell peppers, potatoes and tomatoes, topped with some sour cream!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Had a girlfriend over for dinner who has declared our household her support bubble which is allowed under new restrictions for single people.

Starter of Spanish themed air fryer wings and cucumber sticks. Main of Txuleton steak, blue cheese butter, roast potato, grilled aubergine, Turkish peppers and Portuguese marinated carrots. Dessert of creme catalan.

bsijuydnkddm.jpeg
    fa5089ydwflz.jpg
    0c5l6prh4caj.jpg
    eople
  • snowflake954
    edited October 2020
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Pasta w aglio, olio, peperoncino (garlic, oil, and red pepper). This is an Italian classic. I threw in some chopped tomatoes.w504gy16vbam.jpg

I made this for my mom last week but using spaghetti. Her mind was blown how simple and delish this was. She is being used to dumping a jar of ready pasta sauce into her overcooked spaghetti, so this was a revelation.
    Again, Italian food is usually extremely simple, but the ingredients have to shine.

It's so nice to be understood.

PS: and you're right, it's almost always spaghetti.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Vegan Hungarian goulash in potato pancake. Very common Polish dish, despite the name, but never ever vegan or vegetarian.

yi01zqbsmbvs.jpg

This looks fantastic! Tomorrow I'm roasting a huge head of califlower and remembered that you do something like wrapping in plastic wrap, zapping in the micro, and then roasting in the oven. Could you go over the steps for me? Thanks.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Vegan Hungarian goulash in potato pancake. Very common Polish dish, despite the name, but never ever vegan or vegetarian.

yi01zqbsmbvs.jpg

This looks fantastic! Tomorrow I'm roasting a huge head of califlower and remembered that you do something like wrapping in plastic wrap, zapping in the micro, and then roasting in the oven. Could you go over the steps for me? Thanks.

Exactly that.
    Remove the outer leaf and some of the core so that it sits plat, core down.
    Please on a plate and over with plastic wrap.
    Nuke for 5 minutes, and check if its soft. It should be just about done but not falling apart. Add time as needed.
    Remove, pad dry, spread oil and spices you like on top (I love harissa on that).
    In into a hot 200C oven and watch it get brown and crispy for 10minutes or so.
    Please the whole thing on the table and let ppl cut off pieces.

Thanks!!! I remembered that it was simple. It's cauliflower season here again.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Risotto w saffron, low fat cream, broth, black pepper, EVOO, tritato (finely chopped onion, carrot, celery and parsley), and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.

Sorry--I have a hard time getting a pic without steam.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE “white” risotto. My Nonna always made the red kind and I just was never into it, but mom always makes white kinds like this and I could eat the whole pot lol
  • acpgee
    Options
    The Pizza Union chain in the UK is good if you are looking for a cheap fast pizza, but not a great tasting one.
    8bop9u8rym1d.jpeg