Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• ljh021482ljh021482 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, all. 38 y/o here. Have seen some success with MFP in the past, especially when I’ve found some great, motivating people. Looking for a few more. Have recently gotten into cycling and am maybe looking for a few other cyclists. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • _canadianbakin__canadianbakin_ Member Posts: 369 Member Member Posts: 369 Member
    Happy Friday! Who has fun weekend plans?
  • Cards_ManCards_Man Member Posts: 905 Member Member Posts: 905 Member

Lots of quarantine sports watching - at least we have that!!!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member

Family game nite tomorrow. Maybe a hike at some point to see the fall colours
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 4,025 Member Member Posts: 4,025 Member

Might go try to find mushrooms tomorrow.

Looks like the group of "fast paddlers" is heading out Sunday. Might hop on that again.

That leaves Monday for chores or some other adventure.

Sure seems like it was a LONG week.
  • evangelene12evangelene12 Member Posts: 196 Member Member Posts: 196 Member
    Good morning from Denmark. Have a great weekend everyone. If anyone has successfully overcome late night binging, let me know how :)
  • mtarin2mtarin2 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    47 here; looking for motivation and support. Mainly motivation!! I need to continue where I left off prior to the "Rona". I managed to gain the weight that I worked so hard to lose due to "working from home". Lost all motivation during that time. It's time I get off my butt. Feeling so sluggish and no energy.
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    Good morning all you sexy middle agers! Got my coffee in hand and working hard. Hope you all have a great day today
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Looks like the group of "fast paddlers" is heading out Sunday. Might hop on that again.

As in actually forage for them? I'm always tempted as I love mushrooms and they look tasty but pretty sure I'd accidentally kill myself :D
  • forestfreekforestfreek Member Posts: 5,388 Member Member Posts: 5,388 Member
    Good morning from Denmark. Have a great weekend everyone. If anyone has successfully overcome late night binging, let me know how :)
    Have you ever tried IF?
    I find it very helpful for nighttime binging.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Good morning all you sexy middle agers! Got my coffee in hand and working hard. Hope you all have a great day today

Same. Coffee in hand and working (hard is debatable 😅😂).

• annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,089 Member Member Posts: 1,089 Member
    No more talk of snow we are knee deep in leaves.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    Apparently northern Ontario is getting a snow storm today. Seems early for significant snow. Luckily we're staying "warm" down where I am.

Happy weekend everyone!!! Go do something fun
  • CallMeRuPaulCallMeRuPaul Member Posts: 146 Member Member Posts: 146 Member
    "allow myself to introduce myself!" i'm chuck-diesel and i swim, bike, run!
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 4,025 Member Member Posts: 4,025 Member

As in actually forage for them? I'm always tempted as I love mushrooms and they look tasty but pretty sure I'd accidentally kill myself :D

There are some that are really easy to identify. I focus on those I can identify 100%. Sometimes I'll find something interesting; I'll put it in a separate paper sack in my little bucket/basket to keep it away from the others until I can try to key it out. In May, you can't mistake Morels for anything else. There's one or two mushrooms that look like Chanterelles, but they are really easy to tell apart if you pay attention. Lobster mushroom is also really easy. Then there's boletes; part of there identification is easy. There's a few species I look for. Cat's tongue is easy to identify, but not really worth collecting. Oyster is fairly easy. Sparassis can't be anything else. And then there's all the rest.

If you learn ONE or maybe two you're looking for, then you can just look for them. Check them as you pick. I carry a paint brush I cut off some of the bristles to get the dirt out before they go in the basket. Then check each one again when you get home.

Chicken of the Woods is pretty easy. I don't find them too often. Then there's some that have poisonous look-alike species. I avoid them.

Today would normally be the Mt. Pisgah Mushroom Festival. First time in a decade I won't be volunteering because.... it's not happening. There's a virtual fest going on with lots of talks. I'm kind of interested, but I'm not going to sit in front of a screen all day!

Chanterelles from last year:
    0hq4ovlsf7ga.jpg

Boletus fibrillosus(edible, but not choice)
    gt48d26kga6z.jpg

There are some that are really easy to identify. I focus on those I can identify 100%. Sometimes I'll find something interesting; I'll put it in a separate paper sack in my little bucket/basket to keep it away from the others until I can try to key it out. In May, you can't mistake Morels for anything else. There's one or two mushrooms that look like Chanterelles, but they are really easy to tell apart if you pay attention. Lobster mushroom is also really easy. Then there's boletes; part of there identification is easy. There's a few species I look for. Cat's tongue is easy to identify, but not really worth collecting. Oyster is fairly easy. Sparassis can't be anything else. And then there's all the rest.

If you learn ONE or maybe two you're looking for, then you can just look for them. Check them as you pick. I carry a paint brush I cut off some of the bristles to get the dirt out before they go in the basket. Then check each one again when you get home.

Chicken of the Woods is pretty easy. I don't find them too often. Then there's some that have poisonous look-alike species. I avoid them.

Today would normally be the Mt. Pisgah Mushroom Festival. First time in a decade I won't be volunteering because.... it's not happening. There's a virtual fest going on with lots of talks. I'm kind of interested, but I'm not going to sit in front of a screen all day!

0hq4ovlsf7ga.jpg

gt48d26kga6z.jpg

So cool :)
    If I ever get lost in the woods I want it to be with you 😂🤗
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member

0hq4ovlsf7ga.jpg

gt48d26kga6z.jpg

So cool :)
    If I ever get lost in the woods I want it to be with you 😂🤗

Me too. I'd starve to death or poison myself for sure :D I've never been more adventurous than blackberries and elderflowers, and one nettle soup that went very wrong. I'm very impressed though and the mushrooms look delicious.
    Me too. I’d be a dead woman walking if I had to depend on my own sense of wilderness skills 😂🤣
  • genetix71genetix71 Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    85F moderate air quality, asthma in check, 2 * 1 mile run for health
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    Ok I’m out of coffee now and I’m getting bored at work🤣🤣 time to go home yet?