Down 110 pounds (325 to 215)

Replies

• erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Congrats! Can you share some of the habit changes you made that stuck and helped create good habits?

Sure. 1. I stopped eating dairy and sugar. 2. I started eating almost entirely organic. 3. I work out. A lot. From 2011 to 2016, it was running and some weights. Since then, it's been weights and stair climber.

Things I absolutely will not consume: Any soda not made with Stevia, and even that is in moderation. Dairy. It sucks, because I love pizza, nachos, etc. We use Daiya cheese.

I saw your thread on my recommended to check posts and it's super inspiring to see! Awesome job!

This is my first ever post in the forums (least from this account before I stepped away). My highest weight was 300lbs+ back in September of 2016 then got down to 219lbs in June 2017. I switched lifestyles (read the last paragraph) and then found the junk food alternatives which I've been cutting down on only recently, but, it definitely made me go back up to 295lbs (or more)!

As of August 1st, 2020 I weighed 268.1lbs and I am down to (as of September 11th) 261.4lbs. I don't do my best to restrict myself. I just use MFP as a tool to help see where I am at. The thing which helped me learn about my hunger signals and cut down on heavier 'late-night snacking' was that I noticed that I unintentionally sometimes do 'Intermittent Fasting' (16 hours fasting, 8-hour eating window).

I wasn't always super hungry in the mornings, even as a kid. (The benefit of working from home and be my own 'boss' means I can sleep in)! I usually drink water to get my body prepared for the day. Once a little more awake I will usually either have some tea or coffee (somedays with added stuff in coffee, otherwise black). Then within an hour or so of the time I awake, I write down things I am looking forward to in my day, what sounds good for lunch/a meal and go use the bathroom. I also somedays will meditate for 5 minutes to 15 minutes (been getting back into it with the app Insight). Then I start eating around 11AM to 2PM and eat till 7PM or 9PM (usually cut off around 8PM).

I used to eat Daiya when I still lived in America, I would recommend Violife which has more of the 'cheese flavor' you may be missing! I always tell people to not compare Vegan/Plant-Based cheese to what they are used to or they would be disappointed, but, our palette's change over time! (I'm a Vegan for other reasons than a 'diet', by definition that was coined in the 1940s I follow: Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose).

In my opinion? I don't think many replacements can fill the 'void' most have that regular cow's milk cheese can provide you know? I was addicted to it myself and had it on accident before moving to where I am now (the Netherlands, closed distanced gap between husband and I) by ordering a bean burrito from Taco Bell and said potatoes with rice as well and no cheese (they left it on). I got very sick that day and I remembered that if you cut out dairy for an extended time, our body DNA changes to where we become lactose intolerant (or sensitive to those types of foods). Thankful I'm not addicted anymore, but, finding a good replacement helps so I figured why not give my recommendation!

Sorry for the long reply, but, it's nice to see I am not the only one here who eats junk sometimes and just does their best to focus on being better than they were previously. Keep up the awesome work! It'd be awesome to keep in touch if you'd like, it's up to you. The same goes for anyone here! I added you to my friendslist. :)

I just had this conversation with my son. Once you eat the alternative stuff that's better for your for a while, you won't notice the difference.
  • the_stained_ape
    the_stained_ape Posts: 35 Member
    Very well done!!
  • erniewebbiii
    Fantastic, Inspiring

Thank you.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Amazing transformation, as well as inspirational!! :):)
  • erniewebbiii
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    You look much younger if you were going for that. B)

Thank you. I was/am just going for healthy :)
  • erniewebbiii
    Naaer wrote: »
    Great job!

Thank you.
  • theyoyoer
    theyoyoer Posts: 15 Member
    Well done you look amazing!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 458 Member
    good job alot of hard work and dedication
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 555 Member
    I am so glad that you shared your story. Knowing that you are able to maintain and continue the regular workouts and eat healthier for so many years is inspiring. Congrats!
  • erniewebbiii
    Congratulations! My situation is very similar to yours. I started at 329 pounds on July 10th, 2020 and am now (Sept 28th) at 306 pounds. My goal is 220 pounds, 109 pounds below where I started.

Great start!
  • i wish i could do this
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    i wish i could do this

Always assuming that you have 110lbs to lose, the great thing is, you can! Good luck!
  • erniewebbiii
    Very well done!!

Thank you.
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    Amazing transformation.Could you please tell me what you normally eat in a day?
  • erniewebbiii
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Amazing transformation, as well as inspirational!! :):)

Thank you.
  • erniewebbiii
    brendog79 wrote: »
    I've lost 90 lbs in 4.5 months. Trying to lose another 67 lbs. Sw 382 cw 292. I have much more energy and I'm gaining self esteem and I can tell I'm getting respect from my fellow coworkers. I had to stop eating mcds and subs. I also don't hardly drink anything with calories in it. I got a huge boost losing 32 lbs in the first month. I didn't start walking until 6 weeks in. Now I go for almost hr long walks at least 4x a week and use resistance bands and do wall push ups about 3x a week.

That's awesome. Great job.
  • erniewebbiii
    theyoyoer wrote: »
    Well done you look amazing!

Thanks!
  • SSDirk
    SSDirk Posts: 10 Member
    ROCK ON man....Great hearing testimonies like yours man. Really gives the rest of us confidence. Keep on rocking to your goal man
  • erniewebbiii
    lucyricky2 wrote: »
    good job alot of hard work and dedication

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!