Intimacy Schedule

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    The fact that you're "a good wife" as you put it means you love him. I'm sure that's in part because he loves you. Everyone has good advice, I'm just here to say it sounds like you have what it takes to work things out.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 25 years. I long ago told my husband that if he wanted to get busy during the middle of the night go for it, but don't wake me up... meaning don't ask me to participate or expect me to "go" anywhere (meaning orgasm). It sounds awful, but I'm a heavy sleeper and do not do well being woken up. If it's right before I would normally wake up, that is usually ok. But right after I hit a deep sleep? No. We find that middle of the day/early evening nookie is better for everyone. I hope you guys find something that works for BOTH of you.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am completely gobsmacked by this.
    I would be so angry if I were woken up and expected to be up for this automatically. It would not go well.
    This isn't the 19th century frankly, equal partners.

I consider myself to be a good wife and I expect him to be a good husband. That means not waking me up unless there are emergency circumstances.

I understand and agree that it should be communicated properly.
    Although in practice my views would be expressed in very strong terms.

Agreed - if my partner did this he'd most likely find himself sleeping in the spare room, alone!

The whole "what needs be done as a wife" sounds like something from one of those horrible 50's How to be a good wife instructables.

That dynamic works in a lot of relationships. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's simply outdated and obsolete.

Edit: I'm not saying you're inferring that, just observing.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    Options
    I am completely gobsmacked by this.
    I would be so angry if I were woken up and expected to be up for this automatically. It would not go well.
    This isn't the 19th century frankly, equal partners.

I consider myself to be a good wife and I expect him to be a good husband. That means not waking me up unless there are emergency circumstances.

I understand and agree that it should be communicated properly.
    Although in practice my views would be expressed in very strong terms.

Agreed - if my partner did this he'd most likely find himself sleeping in the spare room, alone!

The whole "what needs be done as a wife" sounds like something from one of those horrible 50's How to be a good wife instructables.

That dynamic works in a lot of relationships. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's simply outdated and obsolete.

The whole "I like my partner to be happy so I will do reasonable things that I know please them" thing never goes out of style.

The specific dynamic of "To be a good wife, I must be available to him at all times, regardless of the consequences to my health and enjoyment of life" IS outdated and obsolete.

I dunno, I'm clearly not in a position to speak for women but I think that mindset still exists where the person actually enjoys filling that role.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Wow someone coming through whacking the disagree button in here!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Sooooo...a lot has been said, assumed, and shared (thanks OP for the last part).

I'm also going to make a big assumption on this relationship which seems founded in traditional mores. Perhaps they are a church going couple or deep in the faith? I would even venture that there are sub/dom roles in the bedroom (not kink, guys, just approach and communication).

As such if it's not working for you, OP, I also think individual therapy (even with your pastor, if you are church goers) could be very empowering if submission is not really your thing anymore or you want to work on your ability to communicate boundaries/needs in the bedroom and beyond.

Well said and I think this is probably what I meant. I've never been a female so I really can't comment but I do know that extreme (as in, to the point it seems at their own expense) submissiveness is something some thrive on.

Edit: Not trying to be divisive and I'm in over my head! Was simply observing we're all unique as to what drives us and what we enjoy.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Try initiating the party on your schedule. Have fun with it...

If it doesn't work and you end up with double the pleasure seek help to work it out.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    This is very touchy but I worked with someone who ate apples and fruit because they were bored out of their minds. The spouse didn't even care.

You've got to fix this ASAP. You deserve better, pretty lady.