i look fatter but i weigh less - these photos are 20 days apart

Options

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The only difference I see is the lighting and the distance from the camers.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I really think you would benefit from seeing a counsellor about your body image issues.
    Agreed. (This is based on having read a number of your threads, not just this one.)

Same
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I do not see a difference.
  • AlexiaC47
    AlexiaC47 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    very little difference in pictures.
    PMS, salt/water retention, and yes, not going to the gym for 3 weeks can make slight differences.

Go back to the gym. Go for a long walk, go for a run. You will emotionally and mentally feel better. Even if you are "busy", you know that is an excuse. There is almost no way you cannot squeeze in a 30 min walk and some push ups at home.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It looks like you gained lean muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options

i think it’s a tiny bit of fat and bc at that point i didn’t go to the gym for 3 weeks (2 weeks of that in quarantine)

because since going to the gym got only 3 days my body is back to how it was and even better than it was now that i’m more focusing on weight training which is probs useless since i’m not eating in a surplus but it’s fun
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »

i think it’s a tiny bit of fat and bc at that point i didn’t go to the gym for 3 weeks (2 weeks of that in quarantine)

because since going to the gym got only 3 days my body is back to how it was and even better than it was now that i’m more focusing on weight training which is probs useless since i’m not eating in a surplus but it’s fun

You can gain some muscle while eating in a deficit, especially if you are new to it, but no you aren’t going to gain it in a week or two. Just like weight loss, muscle gain is a painfully slow process.
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

You can gain some muscle while eating in a deficit, especially if you are new to it, but no you aren’t going to gain it in a week or two. Just like weight loss, muscle gain is a painfully slow process.

i’m not that fussed about looking like i have muscle so it’s fine i do it bc i know it’s beneficial and it m at kew my body look more defined even after workout out
  • TRI_39
    TRI_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    An efficient cardio is key
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    TRI_39 wrote: »

i do 40 mins of cardio when i’m at the gym sometimes 50

• TRI_39
    TRI_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    TRI_39 wrote: »

i do 40 mins of cardio when i’m at the gym sometimes 50

Fair enough. 3lbs isn't much to lose again. You will get a little heavier with muscle.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Nothing about these pictures should make you so upset that you feel like you're going "insane." There are times when we're unhappy with our bodies and it's really about our bodies. But there are other times when we're upset with your bodies and it's really about what is in our head. I think you're in that spot.