Time to Gain! Anyone running a bulk?

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    @watts6151good luck! How long did you bulk for and how much did you gain?

Just over 4 months, including glycogen and water up 12-13 lb, I expect t drop a few pounds of water when I drop to maintenance. I think/hope I’ve made improvements to my weak points, will be very happy with 1lb of muscle
  • watts6151
    psuLemon wrote: »
    <--- still jealous! And following other people's bulks.

This will be me in 2 weeks 😂
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

@psuLemon you must be close to being able to bulk now? Unless that isn't something you are interested in doing. I am still a bit hesitant, gaining is difficult no matter how many times you've done it :s
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator

@psuLemon you must be close to being able to bulk now? Unless that isn't something you are interested in doing. I am still a bit hesitant, gaining is difficult no matter how many times you've done it :s

I am getting leaner. I just need to get rid of the lower belly and then i would like to lean bulk. My weight is trending appropriately to hit my goal by Halloween (163). And then ill have a goal is 159 by Thanksgiving. I suspect i need to be around 155 to be lean enough to get rid of my belly bump lol. My ultimate goal is 170 and lean.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    watts6151 wrote: »
    5u50bepijd97.png
    Finished up at fluffy and hairy 235lb

Well done. You don't look fluffy at all
  • sardelsa
    @watts6151 looking awesome man!! Well if you call that fluffy it looks great on you.

@psuLemon nice, so soon times. Sounds like you are on the right track.

• sardelsa
    Ok so operation bulk is not going as planned, it is looking more like operation maintenance for now. I am trying but because I've increased my lunches I don't get hungry when I have to eat my next snack. Or maybe it's because I am moving more like a jumping bean. Whatever it is, this is normal for me so I just have to be more mindful of eating.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Ok so operation bulk is not going as planned, it is looking more like operation maintenance for now. I am trying but because I've increased my lunches I don't get hungry when I have to eat my next snack. Or maybe it's because I am moving more like a jumping bean. Whatever it is, this is normal for me so I just have to be more mindful of eating.

I have been there. Bulking for a minute and then maintenance the next. Stay strong
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

I have been there. Bulking for a minute and then maintenance the next. Stay strong

Appears I’m in the same boat. My weight trend leveled off around 174.5 and has since dipped under 174 over the last two weeks while consistently averaging above what I’ve always observed as TDEE.
  • sardelsa
    alexmose wrote: »

• sardelsa
    I duno I keep rethinking this bulk. I don't mind the gaining weight part, it's fun, I love it, but I'm so frustrated with my confusion over my goals. I feel like I don't even know what I want anymore and I change my mind everyday.

I have a feeling this bulk might be a bit of a mess but for me it's better than staying the same.
  • sardelsa
    Geez @sal10851 are you posting this in every thread in the gaining forum? What are you trying to achieve here? Have you seen some of the physiques of the people around here who have successfully run bulks?
  • watts6151
    edited October 2020
    sal10851 wrote: »

Drug dealer, convicted drug cheat in Natural powerlifting and Cycling, the mans a disgrace and thick as pig *kitten*

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/halifax-steroid-smuggler-greg-doucette-banned-eight-years/
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »

Drug dealer, convicted drug cheat in Natural powerlifting and Cycling, the mans a disgrace and thick as pig *kitten*

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/halifax-steroid-smuggler-greg-doucette-banned-eight-years/

Old news. He literally says he was convicted on most of his videos. Does not change the information or the knowledge he has.
  • sal10851
    Geez @sal10851 are you posting this in every thread in the gaining forum? What are you trying to achieve here? Have you seen some of the physiques of the people around here who have successfully run bulks?

Yup.
  • sardelsa

Yup.

Are you a bodybuilder? Do you have experience doing any of the things Greg speaks about? I am just genuinely curious because there is no one size fits all for everyone, different things work for different people.
  • sal10851

Yup.

Are you a bodybuilder? Do you have experience doing any of the things Greg speaks about? I am just genuinely curious because there is no one size fits all for everyone, different things work for different people.

That's exactly the point of the video. If you pay attention to the information provided and not jump to conclusions about the person providing it you will see that you can achieve your goals either way. I just want people to understand the dangers of bulking to an unhealthy weight and then cutting back which leads to eating disorders.