Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 130

Options

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    @xxxSheilaxxx - well done on your achievement, a truly admiral success. Sending you positive vibes for your next goal xx
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @UTMom81 Carbs from good veggies might do less harm to your weight loss than the junk food carbs. I eat broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and spinach with occasional spaghetti squash and other low carb veg. My DH is a corn man and I haven’t had that in ages.

You are an inspiration!! It's the fresh fruit I love and that I don't really want to give up. I've used cauliflower and broccoli with a little pine nut hummus as munchies this week and I think that's what's kickstarted me off so well. Actually, come to think of it, those have been lunch a few times, too. Yesterday, as a snack after just a boiled egg for lunch, I substituted about an ounce of hard cheese in place of things I might have eaten other times. It satisfied and I lost more weight in this morning's weigh in.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »

I just use the default macros on MFP , it adjusts to giving additional with the extra walking that I do. Up until I had gallbladder & stones surgery 3 years ago I had adjusted it for a very very low fat intake, but no longer need to do that so it is back at the default setting. I couldn't do keto either, it would give me a lot more fat & I think that would start to give me problems again.
    Hope this helps

Like you, I have had my gallbladder removed, and coincidence or not, I had been on Atkins diet way back then, which was very high fat and protein and very low carb. After that, I felt like the super high fat stuff didn't make sense for me. I'm afraid of more problems, too. Since I posted my question to you yesterday, I've gone back and paid attention to my macros (set automatically in MFP), and I've been under 100 each day this past successful week, and sometimes significantly less than that. But my protein has not been high enough most days. Thanks to everyone who responded though. You've given me lots to think about and I appreciate the wisdom you shared!

Question for anyone: do you recommend protein supplements (I am NOT doing gym work though--my exercise right now consists of increasing amounts of walking and repeatedly lifting and carrying my granddaughter, lol) to get proteins high enough? I will be increasing bodyweight exercises over time, but slowly. If so, what do you use?