Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2020 - One Day at a Time (Try a Sober October)

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay and nice on the 3 week streak!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful thread.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    A list we can explore? 100 most popular non alcoholic beverages in the world. I've only tried about 14 of these listed ... mostly types of coffee or tea. Fun to read all the descriptions and origins. I need to search for Julmust (Christmas juice) and see if anyone around here carries it (Ikea). Description of Julmust: Swedish soft drink ... dark, sweet soda that has many similarities to both Coca-Cola and Root Beer. It is made up of sugar and water and there is hop extract and malt ... but the spices are a secret. Two of the biggest Julmust brands in Sweden are Nygårda and Apotekarnes.

https://tasteatlas.com/100-most-popular-non-alcoholic-beverages-in-the-world
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Thank you @MissMay and nice on the 3 week streak!

Can not lie.... I wrote that wrong.

It should be:
    21 AF out of 26 October days (my streak is since Oct 17, only 10 days thus far)
  • MissMay
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    A list we can explore? 100 most popular non alcoholic beverages in the world. I've only tried about 14 of these listed ... mostly types of coffee or tea. Fun to read all the descriptions and origins. I need to search for Julmust (Christmas juice) and see if anyone around here carries it (Ikea). Description of Julmust: Swedish soft drink ... dark, sweet soda that has many similarities to both Coca-Cola and Root Beer. It is made up of sugar and water and there is hop extract and malt ... but the spices are a secret. Two of the biggest Julmust brands in Sweden are Nygårda and Apotekarnes.

https://tasteatlas.com/100-most-popular-non-alcoholic-beverages-in-the-world

Interesting will check it out. I love the taste of root beer
  • MissMay
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    This is a beautiful thread.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    Not AF but then again it is my 60th birthday LOL
    Lovely Far Niente Chardonnay with Salmon and roasted veggies for dinner with Bénédictine for dessert.

Oct accountability: 8/27 days AF

I hope that you are having the most fabulous birthday : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

Friday October 23 - AF - Always happy to see that 16AF number.
    Saturday October 24 - Drinks. Awesome busy day today.
    Sunday October 25 - AF - Planning on racking up a few more AF days before the month is over.
    Monday October 26 - AF - Easy decision, early workday on Tuesdays.
    Tuesday October 27 - AF - Cracker of a workday, but tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary on MFP, so I want to weigh as little as possible and thus remained AF : - )

Rolling total: 19 AF days out of 27 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My face was cut off when trying to change my profile photo. I saw this pretty leaf on the ground on the trail and took a picture, using it instead : - )
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Happy Happy Birthday. ENJOY!
  • MissMay
    edited October 2020
    Options
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

Sunday October 25 - AF - Planning on racking up a few more AF days before the month is over.
    Tuesday October 27 - AF - Cracker of a workday, but tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary on MFP, so I want to weigh as little as possible and thus remained AF : - )

Rolling total: 19 AF days out of 27 days so far.

Dawn I remember you joined us in October , but was not sure the date. HAPPY TWO YEARS of accountability and drinking LESS! Let's not forget your weight loss too.
    Sorry your photo could not be shrunk down. It is such a great picture of you. AND you have already hit next to your high goal mark.
    Your rock'n.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Not AF but then again it is my 60th birthday LOL
    Lovely Far Niente Chardonnay with Salmon and roasted veggies for dinner with Bénédictine for dessert.

Oct accountability: 8/27 days AF

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Scorpio(n) claws in pinch mode, wow there sure are a bunch of us here!

Happy 60th birthday @Lilylady3k
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    THANK YOU for all the Birthday Wishes!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Bar is closed this evening at home ... AF :)

Oct accountability: 9/28 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Wednesday October 28 - Drinks. Planning on drinks Saturday, so will try for 2AF between now and then.

Rolling total: 19 AF days out of 28 days so far.