Stay At Home Moms. 3/2-3/8

Options

Replies

• tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi everyone another bad nights sleep this is really gettin to be a pain I have no energy now to work out so have decided to skip my cardio this morning been for my walk though and I will just do shred this afternoon and put extra effort in when I go swimming tomorrow I have done so much cleaning this week I only have one room left to do gonna get started on that in a min hubby is cleaning the car ready for our nightmare sorry trip this weekend. My little Paige walked the dogs today with us she didnt need her stroller (hubby broke it yesterday I dont want to buy another because she starts preschool this sept and I think it will be a waste of money for such a short time I am buying 1 from walmart for our disney trip though one of those sit n stand ones so both my girlies can rest their legs it works out cheaper to buy one than hire one)

Have a good day all best go get this cleanin done :yawn:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

I would (well, Hubby would REALLY love) our next one to be a girl.:wink:

I can totally understand that. Boys are exhausting & dirty & loud. With a girl, you have at least a LITTLE hope that they'll be cute & wear dresses forever. :wink: :laugh: You wouldn't believe the comments I got when I was pregnant with our third when we found out she was a girl. I didn't care what we had by any stretch of the immagination but people (STRANGERS at that) would say, "Oh, good! you got your girl!" or "Oh, thankgoodness! You won't have THREE boys!" Ridiculous. :grumble:

That being said, T is a lot of fun. She's just different than the boys. It is like some good female energy in the house or something.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    loreeb--Lori is it? Your little girl is so beautiful! What a sweetheart!

AFM---yay--thank you to you turbojam ladies for getting me connected with one of the beachbody coaches...She's gonna ship it to me!!! Woo Hoo!!!! So hopefully soon I'll be on that super-charged wieght loss kick!

Fantastic! I'm so glad she was able to help you out! You are going to LOVE it! I took a Turbo class at the gym last night & that was awesome, too. Love the workout!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi everyone another bad nights sleep this is really gettin to be a pain I have no energy now to work out so have decided to skip my cardio this morning been for my walk though and I will just do shred this afternoon and put extra effort in when I go swimming tomorrow I have done so much cleaning this week I only have one room left to do gonna get started on that in a min hubby is cleaning the car ready for our nightmare sorry trip this weekend. My little Paige walked the dogs today with us she didnt need her stroller (hubby broke it yesterday I dont want to buy another because she starts preschool this sept and I think it will be a waste of money for such a short time I am buying 1 from walmart for our disney trip though one of those sit n stand ones so both my girlies can rest their legs it works out cheaper to buy one than hire one)

I'm sorry you are sleeping so crappy. Good luck getting all your workouts in, though! When you're done with your house, wanna come do mine? :wink:

What "nightmare" trip are you going on this weekend?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Lots of cleaning huh? Counting those exercise calories? I have to on mine because cleaning my house definitely isn't a daily part of my routine...although it should be.

Sorry to hear a trip away is categorized as "nightmare". Hopefully you'll have some "sweet dreams" in there somewhere?

It seems like just when you need a piece of child equipment to hold out for another six months, that's when it decides to break. I think they're manufactured that way. I'm fortunate because we have a lot of secondhand children stores here. But even sometimes that seems like a waste of money for things when you know you're just going to be giving it away or storing it away in about three months. Hope you're able to find what you need.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning mommies!

Well, I believe my baby girl is finally almost better. Holding my breath for no fever tonight. This will be day eight. She actually ate a little last night and was a little playful with her brother, even sat and played cards with us. But boy was she ready for bed. Keeping her home at least one more day from school because her energy level is next to nothing. But I'm at least a little stressed out now that she is on the upswing.

I squeezed in the gym yesterday, even got on the treadmill for an extra 20 minutes before my aerobics class and decided to give the scale another go. I mean, I know it's cheating because I just sweated a lot, but I actually saw the numbers go DOWN to where I haven't seen them since they started going on. So I'm counting those numbers and not worrying about the scale again until next week. Maybe it's false advertisement, but seeing a weight loss keeps me a little more motivated.

Work, bible study, maybe housecleaning (I doubt it), laundry piled to the ceiling, snuggle time with my daughter, and date with my son tonight...so I'm off. Hope you guys have a happy and wonderful day...(sorry, too much happy juice this morning).
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

I can totally understand that. Boys are exhausting & dirty & loud. With a girl, you have at least a LITTLE hope that they'll be cute & wear dresses forever. :wink: :laugh: You wouldn't believe the comments I got when I was pregnant with our third when we found out she was a girl. I didn't care what we had by any stretch of the immagination but people (STRANGERS at that) would say, "Oh, good! you got your girl!" or "Oh, thankgoodness! You won't have THREE boys!" Ridiculous. :grumble:

That being said, T is a lot of fun. She's just different than the boys. It is like some good female energy in the house or something.

My now 17 year old daughter was exhausting and dirty and loud IN a dress. She was a frilly skirt and Easter bonnet wearing dust bunny. Think PigPen from Peanuts in a dress. She'd go out in the morning HAVING to wear her hat from Easter and one of her play dresses and be the dirtiest child by the end of the day. She was precious. (still is, by the way)
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    drevans_mom good luck with ur interview today...
    I have used diet pills in the past but just end up stop taking them and they don't really work for me...the ones that say curve appetite never did...lol i was still hungry...
    hmmm turbo jam sounds like it could be fun. i also have bought workout videos and get bored with them so i stop doing them. i have the wii fit but just am not motivated enough i guess....i'm going to check out the turbo thread though and i'm going to push myself to do the wii fit... My DH will be home around june from deployment and i want to be smaller...at least 20 pounds would be nice...so girls I NEED THE HELP...

Hi! Fellow military wife and mom, I am reading your posts thinking you will drop 20# by the time your hubby gets home just from keeping up with 3 kids:noway: I have one, and I felt whoopped at the end of the day when my hubby was gone, can't imagine keeping up with 3! More power to ya girl! :flowerforyou: We were stationed at Ft Hood for a while, don't miss those TX summers, now in KS. I have a bunch of different workout videos, just because its hard to get out of the house somedays! I like my Leslie Sansone walk at homes and 30 day shred kicks your butt in 20 min. I would think you could go a long way on just those 2.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies !!!

Well I took Maeve to the Hospital since the Dr wouldnt be able to see her til 310p She was having coughing fits to where she couldnt catch her breath!! Scary!! The hospital checked for Flu Rsv and did a chest xray..... Results were Broncitis and a middle ear infection absolutly no strep throat like the peditrican said...... But they said that she has scarring on her lungs from when she had pheunmonia ... and that she is a greater risk for it and other lung problems now. Her peditrician said that there would be no effects and not to worry about her lungs ARGH LAST STRAW ... I called to switch drs. my niece who has cerebalpalsy has a good peditrician so I called got in BUT because the kids have medicad as a secondary insurance we cant go till april 1st ... so the follow ups are going to go to the crappy dr. But on a good note Maeve is starting to feel much better with the new antiobiotic that the hospital put her on , they said the one that the dr put her on wouldnt have helped anything ..... But I am still confused as to WHY Cali is still running that slight 99.3-100. temp? Maeves temp we found out runs low 96-97s so when she has a temp it is always higher than what the themometer reads.... Could Cali run higher all the time or is this something to worry about??

I am feeling pretty good lately except for TOM and I want to eat everything insight..... Ran on the treadmill for a little bit yesterday man that is hard when your not used to running ... But my dog Otis loves the treadmill now! Spent time cleaning the girls room, I dont understand how it gets so messy so fast.... We have a 5 bedroom house two rooms down stairs , mine and the girls rooms the three up stairs are for our kids that come twice a year.... BUT no one ever likes to sleep up there... I wish Cali would sleep up there she could have her own room and not have to share with Maeve cause that room is small and sometimes it is hard for her to sleep when Maeve stays up cause she gets noisey... Maeve always used to be in bed first but she has changed so much she never wants to go to bed now and never wants to take a nap which she used to tell me nap everyday... ?? I dont know... I guess I am just blabbing today blah blah I guess I will shut up LOL

Thanks for reading

Everyone have a wonderfull healthy day!!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies,

I have been MIA lately sorry. I have been dealing with a bad spell of depression and am finally starting to come up out of my hole some.:laugh: I have a friend from church who also is a teacher at the kids' school and we have been doing Walk Away the Pounds after school, that started 3 days ago and that has helped a lot now today my goal is to get my eating under control.

I had to keep the 4 yr old home today cause he was gageing when he got up so I thought it would be best to keep him home than to send him to school and then get a call later saying come get him.

Hubby and I will be working on some of our calves today so we can get some moved around to bigger areas and then I will be working out again after school.

Hope everyone is doing good today.

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    The trip is already a nightmare I am driving my father in law to the uk 41/2 hour ferry trip then 2 hour drive to pick up a puppy but he is driving me crazy he is so needy I wish I hadnt offered to take him he has been on the phone every day should I take this should I do this what will he eat where are we going to stop blah blah blah I am leaving my kids with their nana and grandad from tomorrow night as we are up very early we have to be at the ferry by 7am. Hubby is coming too so hopefully that will break the tension as will my ipod, He is a nice bloke but doesnt travel well and he didnt have to come I would have happily gone on my own it is going to be like travelling with a child except I have the day off aarrrgggghhhh. Sorry I will be glad on sunday morning 6 am when we dock we catch the ferry home at 215 am its going to be a long night. Then my mother in law who is already on holiday with friends gets back sunday night and she keeps asking me to check in on him to make sure he is coping with the puppy he is 60 years old no mental illness its just annoying now.

I get you with girls and dresses though I NEVER wanted girls but from the day I did the pregnancy test with charley I knew it was a girl I had no morning sickness with my son but boy was I rough with my girlies. She is so cute in dresses loves lip balm and her nails painted and lots of body sparkly stuff really girly but at the same time there is nothing she wont do so she behaves like a boy as well really rough and tumble I love her so much well I love all of them.

Cleaning all done got to sort a couple of cupboards out next week but thats it trying to keep on top of it so I dont have to break my back before we go to florida I hate leaving the house dirty t has to be spotless I like it to still smell clean when we get back but with going for three weeks I dont know if that possible. (13 weeks today woohoo cant wait to relax by the pool in the florida sun)
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

My now 17 year old daughter was exhausting and dirty and loud IN a dress. She was a frilly skirt and Easter bonnet wearing dust bunny. Think PigPen from Peanuts in a dress. She'd go out in the morning HAVING to wear her hat from Easter and one of her play dresses and be the dirtiest child by the end of the day. She was precious. (still is, by the way)

If I get one like that...she'll fit right in. :laugh: But honestly, I could use some more feminine energy in this house. Even the cat is all boy! Darting out of dark corners to grab your ankles as you walk by.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful girl.

If I get one like that...she'll fit right in. :laugh: But honestly, I could use some more feminine energy in this house. Even the cat is all boy! Darting out of dark corners to grab your ankles as you walk by.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We're the opposite. It's me, Harley, and our 2 girls dogs. We are so out-female-ing my poor husband being the only male. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lots of cleaning being done by the mommies! I did yesterday too. At one point I was vaccuuming with one hand and holding Harley in the other. I wish I'd worn my heart rate monitor because I was pooped by the time I was done so I know I got a workout.
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Tell me about it. How Clean Is Your House? came on today. That show always makes me take a look around at what needs doing. The kids were eating lunch when it came on and my oldest was like "Look Mommy their house is soo clean." UGH! They went down for a nap and I kicked into over drive. I dusted everything in sight, washed and polished our large leather couch, then waxed and buffed the wood table and benches...I was sweating and exhausted when I finished. Wouldn't you know the minute I start a movie and think to take a load off, the oldest comes downstairs and naptime was officially over.:noway:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Oh yeah, this after scraping the ice off the driveway this morning...I am so not exercising today. And no body better think that Mommies sit all day long, right?!:devil:
  • Vqueen
    Vqueen Posts: 13
    Options
    I havn't been on in so long and I started to sabotage myself..I had been off sugar for soooo long and now I started to have little bites here and there which has now developed in to full on cravings...I need motvation..since I'm at home all day with kids it feels like I'm falling back into rut!!! Maybe I need a challenge!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    . I wish I could have more kids I would love to have a large family but hubby doesnt agree and is booked in to be for a vasectomy on apr 3rd I thought I was OK with this now I am sad end of a period of my life for good I suppose it will take some getting used to.

dh not getting a vasectomy but i feel like you--not sure i want this part of my life to end. dh does not want more kids (3 is more than enuf to him). i dunno tho. anyway, glad you're feeling better.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    for vqueen --i'm doing the 800 miles in 2009 challenge. having fun with it so far--it has its own thread so check it out. maybe it's for you
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Well ladies...today was my deep cleaning day...still have SO much more to go, but I'm already exhausted and sweating. And guess what my husband is doing? Yep...sleeping. :grumble: ....I am so tired from this past week, and yesterday we were out the whole day (with Nadya in the baby bjorn front carrier) so I was carrying around an 17 1/2 lb load for 6 hours straight! Needless to say..that was yesterday's workout. ;)

I look around my house after 2 hours of cleaning, and it looks like nothing has been done. Sure, it's organized now, but it just feels like it will never end. Once Marc gets up I need to change the bedsheets, and clean the bathroom. Ugh...it never ends huh?

And I need to workout. I've been slacking on my abs, and I can see that pooch getting bigger...sigh...