Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Double post
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Guys: how you take it when she tells you “you should selfie more”

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.

I used to be that way but I’ve come around to the dark side. I love seeing people’s faces, especially when they aren’t people i can ever see in person. Makes them more human ❤️

I get that.....i had that feeling when you selfied a little while ago. I may be slightly hypocritical here.....slightly.....
  • CacoEther
    Options

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.

I used to be that way but I’ve come around to the dark side. I love seeing people’s faces, especially when they aren’t people i can ever see in person. Makes them more human ❤️

I get that.....i had that feeling when you selfied a little while ago. I may be slightly hypocritical here.....slightly.....

There’s always a fear that people will perceive your selfie as you just trying to get attention or validation so sometimes i ask for selfies to eliminate that fear too

I get it though, selfies are a polarizing thing
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Explain

There’s always a fear that people will perceive your selfie as you just trying to get attention or validation so sometimes i ask for selfies to eliminate that fear too

th?id=OGC.eb025f63cbc7d456c2d6ce14cf1cb441&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.tenor.co%2fimages%2feb025f63cbc7d456c2d6ce14cf1cb441%2fraw&ehk=noklzAkYkIs45fpLulLZgUfY0xPrR%2fdKvr7tWpAIVME%3d

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

Explain

Sometimes selfish can be for motivation, because you're proud...
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

Explain

I think my problem with selfies stemmed from being a trainer actually trying to help people get in shape and be healthy and strong, as opposed to people just appearing that way through good photography. I have seen so many people doing so well in making positive changes in their lives get derailed because their creative selfie got more positive attention then their hard work did. And man, a filter here, a good angle, nice lighting and who needs the extra reps or discipline.....ive got my feel good moment already! But its not real and it hurts in the long run.

Now i know its not always about that, sometimes it is just fun, or it is real progress and a moment to show it and be proud. Im all for it. I really dont hate on selfies, i do partake......im just not an ovsr user i guess.
  • CacoEther
    Options

Explain

I think my problem with selfies stemmed from being a trainer actually trying to help people get in shape and be healthy and strong, as opposed to people just appearing that way through good photography. I have seen so many people doing so well in making positive changes in their lives get derailed because their creative selfie got more positive attention then their hard work did. And man, a filter here, a good angle, nice lighting and who needs the extra reps or discipline.....ive got my feel good moment already! But its not real and it hurts in the long run.

Now i know its not always about that, sometimes it is just fun, or it is real progress and a moment to show it and be proud. Im all for it. I really dont hate on selfies, i do partake......im just not an ovsr user i guess.

I can see your point completely. I’ve seen people get really messed up because of filters and stuff. And likes on a selfie can be a more immediate and gratifying hit of dopamine than 45 min in the gym. Like with everything in life, a balance must be achieved
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls: Would you rather see someone or hear them?
  • CacoEther
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »

Hmm..

Both are good but there’s something uniquely appealing about just the voice
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »

Clothes on or off? 💁🏽‍♂️
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    ^ I enjoy ogling ladies with as much or as little clothing as they are comfortable wearing. Women are beautiful in anything they are comfortable wearing.

Me, I like being neked.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ I enjoy ogling ladies with as much or as little clothing as they are comfortable wearing. Women are beautiful in anything they are comfortable wearing.

Me, I like being neked.

Oh yeah for sure I definitely agree, but you gotta admit it's definitely more fun nekkid 🤷🏽‍♂️... 😂

Disclaimer:
    Relax everyone it's just some nonunordinary, smack talk here
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

Me, I like being neked.

Oh yeah for sure I definitely agree, but you gotta admit it's definitely more fun nekkid 🤷🏽‍♂️... 😂

Disclaimer:

Yall are gonna get another thread shut down😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Me, I like being neked.

Disclaimer:

Ppff... You got that last one shut down...
    I saw, don't think I didn't 😏...
    I've been sitting at work all day long with nothing to do but refresh every few seconds 😏😂...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    All...

Rank in order... Best to worst

Led Zeppelin - Overrated, but alright.
    AC/DC - Likewise
    Nirvana - Probably overplayed, but had a lot of lesser known bangers that no one gives them credit for.
    Misfits - Better than the other things in this list.
    Metallica - Were okay until mid-90s and then they just sucked hardcore.

@Kashmir_314_

I'm also curious to know your thoughts on particular on the following... (open to all as well tho)

Rod Stewart - Totally underrated, has a lot of lesser known songs that are really good.
    Billy Joel - Hit or miss; I like a lot of his stuff, but some of the stuff in the 80s and currently are not so great.
    Elton John - Uhm, considering I have his entire discography, including current stuff that's pretty terrible, that should tell you where my opinion lies. A more lyrical Liberace. Used to be more flashy, mellowed out.. songs now not as good as they were. Still occasionally puts out something worthwhile.

Bold is my opinion; come at me bros. :lol:

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    If Elton John only had released one album, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and nothing else.

He would have left his mark on rock music like very few others.

I recently purchased a rare Japanese pressing of this vinyl masterpiece; it's stellar in every regard.

Uh... what? No. Madman Across the Water is a phenom album and I will fight you. Also, Tumbleweed Connection has Tiny Dancer on it, which is arguably still my favorite song outside of Someone Saved My Life Tonight.

Fight me, yo.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Whats your opinion on putting on music as soon as your up or the TV. ?

I've always preferred my coffee in the quiet of the early morning. I dont mind noise later like 8am.. but first thing just me my coffee and the sounds of nature on the patio.

Anyone else?

I save music for my early morning driving, which I need to keep me awake as I am not a morning person. Ugh. The house can be quiet and I can enjoy my coffee, catch up on whatever and enjoy the peace.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    All...

Rank in order... Best to worst

Led Zeppelin - Overrated, but alright.
    AC/DC - Likewise
    Nirvana - Probably overplayed, but had a lot of lesser known bangers that no one gives them credit for.
    Misfits - Better than the other things in this list.
    Metallica - Were okay until mid-90s and then they just sucked hardcore.

@Kashmir_314_

I'm also curious to know your thoughts on particular on the following... (open to all as well tho)

Rod Stewart - Totally underrated, has a lot of lesser known songs that are really good.
    Billy Joel - Hit or miss; I like a lot of his stuff, but some of the stuff in the 80s and currently are not so great.
    Elton John - Uhm, considering I have his entire discography, including current stuff that's pretty terrible, that should tell you where my opinion lies. A more lyrical Liberace. Used to be more flashy, mellowed out.. songs now not as good as they were. Still occasionally puts out something worthwhile.

Bold is my opinion; come at me bros. :lol:

We are definitely in agreement on the Misfits... I don't think they get there due credit... A rule grungy raw sound that I just appreciated
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Guys/girls: how do you politely indicate you don’t want to message anymore without coming right out and saying it?

**cough cough** Yeah, I'm terrible. Sorry, not sorry.
    5gyggxfvgl55.gif
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

Me, I like being neked.

Disclaimer:

Ppff... You got that last one shut down...
    I saw, don't think I didn't 😏...
    I've been sitting at work all day long with nothing to do but refresh every few seconds 😏😂...

😂pretty sure it was never me. But. I'll try on the next round