WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Keri

Welcome to a great group of like minded women with diverse activities!

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Keri from Virginia, welcome! It's funny you would talk about popcorn ceilings, as last night, my husband and I were trying to decide which was worse, painting over wood paneling or fixing and painting popcorn ceilings. Popcorn ceilings were the worst, by far, you have my sympathies! Drop into any conversation you choose, we're a welcoming bunch.

SueBDew - so good to see you, you've been missed!

Karen in VA - hope all's well with you... you've been missed, too...

Trying to childproof my living room for a little one who is crawling like mad and pulling up on everything, but not quite walking, though he might be by the time they get here!

My daughter is also in full organizational mode, so I get a call from her at least once a week - "We can bring some venison down and make hamburgers one night, what do you think?" and writing and rewriting the menu for the holiday meal (NOT venison, but ham) and figuring out how much of everything we need... and I just nod and smile at the other end of the phone. She plans on cooking everything, and she and her dad can just slug it out; I plan on playing with the kids. :smiley: I will work with her to make fresh yeast rolls to go with dinner, that's all I've promised.

I don't actually like venison, or for that matter any other game meat that I've ever tasted, but I can weasel out of eating it. Had to skip dinner last night because the thought of hamburgers made me urky, so it's nothing new to the family. :)

Off to figure out how to childproof a fireplace. This should be fun...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    Just heard on the news that the Pfizer vaccine is looking like a goer. :) I burst into tears at the thought of being able to hug my grandchildren, or even visit the family indoors. At the moment we can only do outdoors with one other person. :'( I've done quite a bit of 'piping my eye' recently.

Heather UK feeling emotional xxxxxxxx

I had the same thoughts. We were having lunch and I could barely finish my soup.

Lisa: You’re setting yourself an impossible task. 😂 Kids always find the one thing you miss. Sound like an ideal kitchen situation. Let father and daughter shoulder the cooking.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) There is so much in the news that I have to continue to stay in the moment.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    S
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just heard on the news that the Pfizer vaccine is looking like a goer. :) I burst into tears at the thought of being able to hug my grandchildren, or even visit the family indoors. At the moment we can only do outdoors with one other person. :'( I've done quite a bit of 'piping my eye' recently.

Heather UK feeling emotional xxxxxxxx

Oh Heather my heart goes out to you. We have two great-grandbabies that we have only seen pictures of, have not been able hold and cuddle them nor kiss their beautiful baby cheeks. It beaks my heart.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    SueBDew so very glad you and your husband are doing well. I've worried about you. <3

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    68547cwg98wmzcn.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sue in TX- I am pleased every time I see your post. Post when you can. :heart:

Tracey- The Christmas stocking you are making is off to a very good start. What a delight! :star:

Barbara- It is chilly outside, but there is no frost here so far this year. I live at 39 feet above sea level. My friend who owns horses lives at least a hundred feet higher. She is more likely to have experienced frost this season. :flowerforyou: I am not likely to shake my head at you. I am sitting in the office area of my home and have an electric heater keeping me cozy.

Keri- Welcome! :smiley:

Heather- We are eager for a vaccine, too. I’ll be in line as soon as it is available. I think that medically fragile folks like DH should get the first chance. No idea how it will take to get through testing. :star:

Regarding holiday baking- a couple of years ago DH was put on a gluten free diet by his doctor. Baking as we once knew it went away. We have found products from Bob’s Redmill that are gluten free. They are available at local grocery stores. Two favorite recipes from forever are doing well enough with Gluten Free flour. One is gf chocolate cake and the other is gf pumpkin cake. Both gluten free cakes are a bit heavier than the wheat flour versions.

Yoga today!!! YAY!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    Had a nice weekend with my parents. Getting to spend time with them and just hug them is so important. I told them they are the reason I stay at home most of the time, wear my mask when ever I am out(except for when I am walking at the park but make sure to stay away from everyone and most of them are masked) because I can not go up to see them one weekend a month and not hug them. They feel the same way. For many months when all this started I didn't go up at all and that was so hard. This is the second weekend since Feb. that I went up and stayed over night. I told them I plan on taking an extra day off once a month and come up there and stay. We all need it.
    Mom and I went in at 6AM Saturday morning to help at the food program/food bank- I really love going in and helping, but wish it was even an hour later- don't like the 5am wake up time.
    I got to see my best friend of over 50 yrs at her estate sale after her mom passed. This is the second one- picked up some more treasures- Her parents collected all kinds of carnival and depression glass. A lot of it I remember seeing in their house over the years. It is nice to have a little bit in my home now. Another friend and her husband came out and we had a big dinner. Beings we were up so early, mom was asleep in her chair by 8 and dad had already gone to bed before that. I came home early yesterday in time to unload, change and be at church on time. It was a great drive home through all the back roads of Calistoga, St. Helena and Napa. It is 16 miles from their house to Calistoga and there was no other cars around most of that. Nice and sunny- perfect- the drive is a great time to think- 1hr 10 min to get home with no traffic.
    Today I will start back walking with my friend. Didn't walk Saturday but with the running around at food bank- had over 13000 steps by the end of the day.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thank you! I’m excited to be here!! Thanks for the warm welcome! 💗
    @LisaInAR Popcorn ceilings are the 👿👿👿

@Katla49 I love yoga. I’m NOT good at it, but I do like it. Haha

Keri in Gloucester, VA

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Machka - Loved the Meme - I feel that way quite regularly.

Terri - Thank you, I will post pictures when I have it completed. I think that Kaitlyn will really appreciate that we are including their new pup in the Christmas festivities.
    It will do until they give me a human baby.

Barbara- That does make Lilly and I first cousins 3X removed. I didn't put that as a lot of people don't understand the way that works. My Grandmother did a family history when I was in my teens and taught me with people I knew so that I could understand it. She also got me very interested in genealogy, I just need time to do it. I have all of her original documents.
    I find 68 a little chilly until the furnace kicks in, I prefer it to be about around 71. I had to use Google to do those conversions as I'm a Celsius girl.

Rave - That rave made me smile yesterday, so many young kids get torn down by society and I love when someone actually points out the good ones. I also had a great laugh at how they "gouge the others to help her". It just made me happy so I had to share.

Heather - I hope that the news about a vaccine continues to be positive. I feel so bad for your country and their restrictions. We are not at that point yet, and I hope we don't get there.

I am at work and have a very busy day ahead so better get to it.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Feeling blah still. Colitis better today but gut still feels inflamed and I’m feel weak still, but better than yesterday. Allergies still there but meds for both helping.

Spoiler has pic of oven I bought. Someone asked yesterday.
    lbazxfq4bi02.jpeg

I’m planning to try to do my usual walk today. Didn’t do anything yesterday so need to try to walk off the weak feeling.

RvRita
  • dianabranke
    dianabranke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello 50 Plus Members. I am back tracking my food & exercise here, after a way too long absence. I'm up a few pounds since last year but I'm not going to let that depress me but rather motivate me to DO SOMETHING about it. Which is why I am here after all. So...today I did some raking of leaves in the yard, put out out Christmas stuff (still need to figure out the plugs & hook it all up) and GOLF. Yes golf today in Michigan. High today 75 so we're going to do it. So far I am on track with my food and exercise goals for the day. Yay me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here on this board. Take care everyone & stay safe.

Diana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You are a blessing to me today when I read your posts that I had been missed or that you worried about me. Thank you so much. While I was sick I listened to all the selections for the year for my book club. But now it is hard to remember them. Still working on My Dear Hamilton. Have a wonderful day.
    BTW, we do have pecans this year just haven’t had the energy to pick them up yet.
    Suebdew in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Karen - How you doin'? <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member