Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good morning, all.

Fae: Good to see you posting again.

Dr Katie: You look good in both photos. It's interesting that the new new outfit makes you look taller.

Not planning to do much today, as my back is a bit stiff from the garden work I did yesterday.

☘️ Terri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙♥️💚💛💜💜🤍
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, shopped for part D and enrolled, watched STAS Day 13 (Flippin’ Recall).
    Bonus: Called Eye Center, paid $$$econd bill.
    Get to do: submit grant pics and receipts, dogs to vet, dogs to meet and greet new dog sitter, pick up labs, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    9:plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this week: Irish Terri’s standing pilates video.

Can anyone tell me why there are so many different Medicare Plan D offerings from the same provider each with different monthly premiums? Picked the least cost per year premiums plus out of pocket. Guessing that other rx would make other plans least cost? It’s astonishing the range of costs, both depending on plan AND pharmacy. Here in Brookings, Freddie is a “preferred” pharmacy for one plan while BiMart is only a “standard” with significant cost differences.

Welcome Keri from Va and con VERY grats on taking off 17 lbs. Well done!
    Lisa please share your painting over wood paneling experiences. We have fake wood paneling in our doublewide and while Joe likes it, I do not, so am contemplating painting over it at least in my office. The only venison I can tolerate is heavily peppered jerky. :sick:
    Debbie the drive from Santa Rosa through Calistoga and St Helena to Napa was always one of my favorites, especially in autumn. Did you see much fire damage? It would make me so sad…
    Welcome Diana from MI! 75 F and golf in MI in November? Amazing!
    Heather I’ve been a bit teary too lately, feeling the losses of buddy and line dance teacher. Neither Joe nor I will rush to the vaccine, adopting a “wait and see” attitude.
    Rita ((hugs)) hope your energy returns soon.
    Suebedew and Karen so delighted to see you popping in!
    Fae is that Katla’s and Lanette’s tardis? Ah, no I see, it’s Ole Miss Faetta in and Super Fey out!
    Allie sure hope no ill effects from that deer tick.
    Sue in WA sorry to hear about the tree$.
    Michele good luck at the MD.
    Kay I liked the jacket in the first pic better… ;)
    Machka good luck with the DDS.

Like Rebecca I’m feeling awfully snackish. Time for a giant glass of water and bed. Might sneak a spoonful of something if the growling tummy keeps me awake.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 9, weigh: 9, steps>5491=3985 vits=9 log=9 CI<CO=8 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=10 mfp=9 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=1 clean 30 mins=3.75
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant=0 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Thr tick was itty bitty and crawling on my hand not imbedded thank goodness.
    I had a fairly good nights sleep and i will try and get some things done around here today.
    Not much interesting going on in my world
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - Sure!

In a spoiler because it's boring if you're not into renovating:
    Lots of people say you have to sand wood paneling first to get rid of the gloss coat. You can if you want, but I never have. Instead:
    1) Get an oil-based primer. I use Kilz, because it covers anything, even oily stains from fingers or anything else, and blocks every old stain from coming through the final coat.
    2) Use a paintbrush to get the primer into the grooves in the panel first, then roll on the primer coat with a smooth nap roller and let it dry.
    3) The second coat can be water-based or oil-based paint, your choice. Again, use a paintbrush in the grooves, then roll on the final coat with a smooth nap roller.

If you're really good at using joint compound (also called sheetrock mud or drywall mud), you can fill in the grooves with it, and trowel them flush with the surface. Let that dry, sand it, use a second coat, let it dry, sand it. Then prime it, and then paint it. The only time I tried it, it was a ragged, uneven mess, but I stink on ice at using joint compound and hate sanding.

Most people make the mistake of trying to use the roller to get paint into those grooves so they don't have to do the extra step. However, because the grooves are often textured pressed wood, you simply can't get enough paint in there to cover completely without destroying the edges of the roller and your patience.

If it's done well, it should look something like beadboard. I am fond of bright white, so tend to use that, but if you are using color on the wall, you can also get the oil-based primer tinted the same color as your second coat, and it will hide a lot more mistakes. Can you tell I make a lot of mistakes? :blush:

Looks complicated, but honestly, it's not. Other than the extra step of using a paintbrush in the grooves, it's just like painting any existing wall.

Alternatively, here's a whitewashing technique which I kind of like, but have never tried:

84vcd41e2mzy.png

“Start by watering down your paint, then brush on the wood, immediately wipe, and repeat until you get your desired color that works with your decor and furniture,” Heinemann says. Since he says to use water in the paint, make sure you either use water-based paint, or if using oil-based paint, use paint thinner.

There are more at the link, some of which are just awful, but there are some interesting ideas.

Have started the listmaking for getting the house in order for Thanksgiving, and my energy levels are rising day by day. My body is finally getting into a rhythm, and feeling like it belongs to me, instead of living inside a house where nothing works. My appetite is a little scary, still, but I'm starting to rein it in.

Heart echo this afternoon at 1 p.m., and then I need to stop at the grocery store to get a few things.

Later, ladies,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Happy November 10th everyone! Just checking in from Bellevue, Washington state. It's 4:00 AM and I can't sleep so am reading posts in this group 🤗
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The Patio It was breezy and cold and I decided to discontinue the patio Fae She dressed in leggings and sports bra only, but then as I turned to come in I saw Mars. I overcame my shiver to face Mars and perform the complete 15-minute discipline. Inside the 68 temperature felt like summer in St Thomas.

Workout Yesterday I upped my reps on all my exercises. Last evening and especially this morning I had sore muscles that hadn't been sore since the 1980s when I bought a VHS video on building sexy buns and boobs. The muscles above my boobs are sore, but now enjoying the warmth of Flaxie.

Flaxie My new flax seed warming pad is amazing. It is a damper heat and also a long-lasting soothing heat. I am really impressed with it, especially for the eyes and neck.

Dr. Katie I fully agree with the dressing for shape course you are taking. You look nicer to me in the shortened top. Seeing more hips makes your legs look nice. I did the same thing with some old favorite sweatshirts. I found that when I shortened them, I also had to take in the side seams. I think the jacket you are wearing shortened would really show your shape better by taking in the sides so it didn't billow out so much at the bottom. The shortening helped show you hips nicely, but now it straightens your waist which in my opinion you should emphasize by tapering sides to reduce bottom circumference. You have a very nice figure to work with. I love the photos.

I have a real problem with the cut of most tops because of my long torso and smaller old age hips. The common women's cut is to billow out at the bottom so as to fit over hips smoothly. The problem is we all don't have the same torso lengths and the same hip to waist ratio. I find in some styles, juniors work best for me, some not so much.

Michele I started playing PBA bowling on my Ipad. It is an application and so much fun and a bit addictive. I am still practicing but thinking I will join a tournament today as I am getting the hang of the ball control. It is a free app. I am still struggling to get ball speed with accuracy. Check it out and if you sign up, we can play online. Still a big learning curve for me.

Fae in the hills near the river

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, no one but a licensed insurance agent can explain the different Medicare supplement options. I tried to figure them out for myself and it brought me to tears. Then we went to the agent in our town and he asked questions about our medical needs/history and found the plan that was best for us.

:) I've decided to buy a turkey since this is the time of year they are in the store, but I won't prepare it on Thanksgiving since there is no reason for us to do so. I'll put it in the freezer until sometime in the winter when it seems like a good project.

:)Katla, I'm glad you feel happy and safe at your yoga class. I wouldn't be comfortable exercising with a mask. I feel safe at the grocery store but don't stay there too long.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Amazon Shoppers: I got a call yesterday afternoon from a recording saying something like this, "This is Amazon and there seems to be a suspicious charge of $400+ on your account. Please punch "1" to talk to our fraud department," At this point I hung up the phone and checked my account and my bank to make sure this was a scam (which it was). If I had punched the "1" there is no telling where this would have gone. Dialed the number this had come from and it was an out-of-order number in my area.

Please be careful because there are many scammers/hackers out there!

Carol in GA

Scam
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Allie: I’ve been lactose intolerant since my late teens & early twenties. Lactose is in milk sugar. Lactaid contains enzymes that helps my body digest milk sugars without digestive upset. It has been a product that has helped me Perhaps you’ve already heard about it. :star:

Dr. Katie: You are looking fabulous!!! :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I would love to have a Tardis that would allow me to pop into see my kids and grandkids. I clearly remember that Doctor Who had no control over where his Tardis went in space or time. I don’t need that. :noway:

Lisa: I am delighted that you are doing better as time goes by. YAY!!! :heart:

Barbie: So far there has been ample space between yoga students and 100% mask use by all. Yesterday there were 5 people in the room, including the teacher. It is a MUCH safer place than any of the local grocery stores. I know this because I am the family shopper. DH does not go along on shopping trips except on rare occasions. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I find it is not just the scammers I need to be mindful...

It amazes me when I see women still leave there purses in the kiddy part of a cart and walk away from their carts to go get
    something. It only takes seconds for a person to get their purse or wallet. I know there is surveillance in stores but why chance it. I only take in the card I plan to use in the store. NO wallet, purse or phone. Then again on my route to sons house there have been at least fatal shooting at all hours of the day the past few months. Fortunately the safer route opened up again after road construction. So yes when I am out and about I do go on full alert.

I was also astounded yesterday by a man who nudged me out of the way when I was shopping in a certain part of the store and then proceeded to rifle through all the humus looking for a specific kind he touched all of them with no gloves and his nose sticking out of his mask. It made me want to go back to wiping all my packages off when I get home. I have been lack on that one. Our COVID numbers are through the roof here so it reminded me I do need to ramp up my procedures when I see someone like him.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    MrsShots: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Stop in often. 🌺
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Well put in a call to the drs this morning..
    This is just getting rediculous..i cant do much without losing my breath and really lethargic have to take at least 1 or 2 naps a day..
    They will have the nurse call me back..still have taste and smell and this has been going on for probsbly 4-6 months but getting worse..
    When i had a virtual call on the 19th of Oct they sent me for a Covid test..it was negative.. i havent really gone anywhere and when i do i am masked and wash and sanitized..
    So here i am waiting for a call and who knows whats next.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, shopped for part D and enrolled, watched STAS Day 13 (Flippin’ Recall).
    Bonus: Called Eye Center, paid $$$econd bill.
    Get to do: submit grant pics and receipts, dogs to vet, dogs to meet and greet new dog sitter, pick up labs, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    9:plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this week: Irish Terri’s standing pilates video.

Can anyone tell me why there are so many different Medicare Plan D offerings from the same provider each with different monthly premiums? Picked the least cost per year premiums plus out of pocket. Guessing that other rx would make other plans least cost? It’s astonishing the range of costs, both depending on plan AND pharmacy. Here in Brookings, Freddie is a “preferred” pharmacy for one plan while BiMart is only a “standard” with significant cost differences.

Welcome Keri from Va and con VERY grats on taking off 17 lbs. Well done!
    Lisa please share your painting over wood paneling experiences. We have fake wood paneling in our doublewide and while Joe likes it, I do not, so am contemplating painting over it at least in my office. The only venison I can tolerate is heavily peppered jerky. :sick:
    Debbie the drive from Santa Rosa through Calistoga and St Helena to Napa was always one of my favorites, especially in autumn. Did you see much fire damage? It would make me so sad…
    Welcome Diana from MI! 75 F and golf in MI in November? Amazing!
    Heather I’ve been a bit teary too lately, feeling the losses of buddy and line dance teacher. Neither Joe nor I will rush to the vaccine, adopting a “wait and see” attitude.
    Rita ((hugs)) hope your energy returns soon.
    Suebedew and Karen so delighted to see you popping in!
    Fae is that Katla’s and Lanette’s tardis? Ah, no I see, it’s Ole Miss Faetta in and Super Fey out!
    Allie sure hope no ill effects from that deer tick.
    Sue in WA sorry to hear about the tree$.
    Michele good luck at the MD.
    Kay I liked the jacket in the first pic better… ;)
    Machka good luck with the DDS.

Like Rebecca I’m feeling awfully snackish. Time for a giant glass of water and bed. Might sneak a spoonful of something if the growling tummy keeps me awake.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 9, weigh: 9, steps>5491=3985 vits=9 log=9 CI<CO=8 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=10 mfp=9 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=1 clean 30 mins=3.75
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant=0 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0

I don't go into Santa Rosa, I go on up Hwy 128/29 into Alexander Valley from Calistoga. I don't think I have ever gone over to SR. May have to do a road trip and go that way. I want to go to the Petrified Forest that is on that road(what is left of it- fire damaged part of it)
    There is so much fire damage from the last three fires. Not too much that I could see from the one last month. There was a huge PG&E base camp right off 29/and the road to Angwin.
    It really is sad to see all the damage all the way up the valley up to my parents place.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA