What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    wovjxnwv31yk.png
  • pancakerunner
    edited November 2020
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Screen shot of her version below.
    Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    Small box of sugar free vanilla pudding
    170gr fat free Greek yogurt
    240gr water
    Good shake of pumpkin spice blend
    Good shake cinnamon
    Two or three drops stevia
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

Here’s @Noreenmarie1234 ’s version
    2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

I made this tonight and YUM!
    I did 240g pumpkin, 245g water, 28g cheesecake flavor pudding mix, dash of cinnamon, 1g xanthan gum, 3 packets of sweet n low, and a dash of salt. Whipped it all up with electric beaters and topped with 28g of apple cinnamon cheerios. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    I forgot to finish the batch with the Instant Clear Gel, and did so just a minute ago, expecting it to be pretty awful after three days sitting in the fridge.

Pleased to report it was actually better a few days old than fresh.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

I like real olives; so glad to read my hatred of canned black olives is justified! ;)
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Fresh figs, absolutely adore them. Quite low cal as well, which is a bonus.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

I like real olives; so glad to read my hatred of canned black olives is justified! ;)

I am joining your club. It's really so sad when you might order a pizza or salad promising black olives on it...and getting these gross little canned type 'things' on your meal!😐
  • pancakerunner
    Fresh figs, absolutely adore them. Quite low cal as well, which is a bonus.

Yes! With goat cheese and balsamic
  • springlering62
    edited November 2020

The best are those little wrinkled black olives.

When I was coming up, the only time we got olives was a bowl of inexpensive green pimento stuffed olives for thanksgiving. It was an insane treat in our minds and we would literally fight over them.

Those stuffed little red pepper poppadoms(?) thinggies are pretty good too.

I noticed today Kroger reinstated their olive bar. I spent a few minutes sadly browsing the posted (and clearly marked, bless them) calories before I walked away. They had tapenade. I was rooted to the spot for a while.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Have you ever tried a fresh olive picked from a tree? I heard they were disgusting but the hubby didn't believe me when were out for a rural walk in Spain on vacation. He spat it out immediately.

I love olives but am not tempted to try one that hasn't been brined.
  • pancakerunner

The best are those little wrinkled black olives.

When I was coming up, the only time we got olives was a bowl of inexpensive green pimento stuffed olives for thanksgiving. It was an insane treat in our minds and we would literally fight over them.

Those stuffed little red pepper poppadoms(?) thinggies are pretty good too.

I noticed today Kroger reinstated their olive bar. I spent a few minutes sadly browsing the posted (and clearly marked, bless them) calories before I walked away. They had tapenade. I was rooted to the spot for a while.

Yum!
  • springlering62
    One lasts a long time and it’s only 7 calories.

kh6m6j1xfzib.jpeg
    ehpgehi4z3r4.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    @springlering62 - those ingredients are scary😮 but then again, I just have to look at my 'addiction' to Jordan Skinny Syrups....water, natural & artificial flavor, cellulose gum, sucralose, sodium acid sulfate, citric acid, sodium benzoate & potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), acesulfame potassium, caramel color🙄
  • PAPYRUS3
    senalay788 wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @springlering62 - those ingredients are scary😮 but then again, I just have to look at my 'addiction' to Jordan Skinny Syrups....water, natural & artificial flavor, cellulose gum, sucralose, sodium acid sulfate, citric acid, sodium benzoate & potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), acesulfame potassium, caramel color🙄

But do you drink it by the bottle? If not, nothing to worry about. everything in moderation.

oh oh...I might then just be in trouble...🤣
  • springlering62

But do you drink it by the bottle? If not, nothing to worry about. everything in moderation.

Hahahaha. Hear! Hear!

I buy salted caramel Skinny Syrup by the case.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Chikken bewbs.

So macros! Many flexibility! Such cheap!
  • springlering62
    Love them long time.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Hahahaha. Hear! Hear!

I have Amazon subscribe and save for 4 cases of 6 bottles every month 😅
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member

Hahahaha. Hear! Hear!

Yp. Im WFPB Vegan however I do enjoy Skinny Syrups and been using it for few years. I use products with surpluses sometimes and right now want a plant protein that has a bit in it. Tastes dto good to not enjoy all the other benefits
  • PAPYRUS3

Hahahaha. Hear! Hear!

I have Amazon subscribe and save for 4 cases of 6 bottles every month 😅

Ok...maybe you should be worried lol!🤣