WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Debbie
    That is quite a lot of sweets! Looking at them makes me feel the weight coming on...LOL

Mrsbfe
    What a beautiful cat! Do you have a name we can call you?

Son has decided it is probably a good thing we will not be sharing TG with them as one of their children's play mates in the neighborhood is being quarantined.

Chilly day in Georgia
    Carol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Debbie
    That is quite a lot of sweets! Looking at them makes me feel the weight coming on...LOL

Mrsbfe
    What a beautiful cat! Do you have a name we can call you?

Son has decided it is probably a good thing we will not be sharing TG with them as one of their children's play mates in the neighborhood is being quarantined.

Chilly day in Georgia
    Carol

I love making them but actually after making all them for so many hours, I rarely try any of them. The only fudge I try is the peanut butter fudge- have to make sure there is enough peanut butter in it(plus, that is my favorite combination). If I can just stay away from the toffee bars and the caramel corn!!! Both recipes are so simple, cheap, and taste so amazing. Caramel corn is home grown popcorn, brown sugar, butter, Karo syrup and peanuts. Toffee bars are just saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar, choc. chips and chopped almonds.

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Never planned on having this many. Husband and son couldn't part with any of them.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I am very familiar with this. We had 5 at one time, now just these three. The original three (before my time here), my daughter's cat and the two I had before my husband rescued this one. I posted their pictures earlier. My husband is the kind of person who will stop in the middle of the street to help a box turtle cross the road (we live in the middle of nowhere). Ours are outdoor cats, we have 13 acres and are far enough from the road that we don't worry about that. Although I do worry about coyotes, but they're all usually in at night.
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    She is getting so she asks the same question three times in five minutes. This doesn't bode well. She is 88.

My mother-in-law, 92, has dementia. She insists on living on her own at home, so we have a couple caregivers spend some time with her, and we have cameras all over her house as well as an emergency call button that she wears. Phone calls are always a bit frustrating because it takes just seconds for her to forget something you just said. She also has Alexa to give her reminders. I check the activity, and it's all usually "Alexa, what day is it?" at least four times an hour. We tried assisted living, but she got so depressed, missed her cats. My husband and his sister decided that her quality of life is more important than the length, at this point. It's such a difficult thing to deal with, because we feel bad when we get frustrated with her, but then it's difficult not to sometimes. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    No formal exercise today but I will get my steps in. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

Gina CA
    – when I got my car, Carmax was pretty good. They actually gave me more for my old vehicle than I expected. The other thing was that there wasn’t a salesman ready to pounce on you, you looked at the cars on their lot by yourself. Of course, to take a car for a test drive you needed to have one of their salesmen with you. But they didn’t pressure you to buy a car. But they also didn’t haggle over the price.

Katla
    – I do hope your healthclub opens again real soon. Great that you can visit with Arrow. That’s something else that’s on top of your list. Can you bring him a carrot?’’

Does anyone know if there is a small device (like a pedometer) that you can put in your pocket that displays the time of day? I think my watch is going slow again and that usually indicates that you need a new battery. But it seems like I’m going thru a lot of batteries for this watch. I can get the time on my phone. But the only problem is that some of my pants don’t have deep pockets. I do have a pedometer on my Christmas list. In the meantime, I’ll just use my phone to get my steps. But now I’m wondering about the time. It would be nice if there was a pedometer that would display not only steps, but calories and the time also. I don’t know if there’s any that’ll do that. Gotta check but thought someone on here might know off the top of their head. Today is work, then bowling (where I’ll s*** as usual), mahjongg tonight. I want something I can put in my pocket, not wear on my wrist. Update: the pedometer that I have on my list at Amazon does keep the time of day

Mrsbfe
    – is the breed of kitten “the kind you get at the Humane Society” or is it “the kind that is feral”. We have “the kind you get at the Humane Society”

Debbie CA
    – you sure do know how to wear down a gal’s resistance….lol

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,142 Member
    Options
    Michele: You can probably get a basic Fitbit style pedometer which tells the time, but make sure that it has clear instructions for use.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Michele:
    57vgg6t1tfss.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Michele:: This one definitely has a watch feature

t3calch7sgkw.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    pictures from one of our holiday treat making weekends'
    bfiq7osy8vic.png
    65pl5si9athh.png
    i9phj2i01hpx.png
    pf7iekaoosxi.png
    5tpkbvljlrg1.png
    rpl05br8zalg.png
    hwd3fbs9qt4p.png

we do tend to make too much- need to find more people to share with.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Let me know when you are ready for my address
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Katla - being able to ride Arrow will be a nice reprieve for you.

Heather - what a beautiful picture of Edie.

Annie - I’m sorry you’re mom is starting to suffer from what sounds like a form of dementia. It’s a difficult road to navigate.
    My Mom had been struggling for 7 years now, she is only 74. At one point before we could get her approved for the home, my Brother had to take all food out of her house she was eating continuously and making herself sick.
    He started taking all of her meals and snacks to her each day.

Michele - my first thought was a pocket watch, but reading further I think you want a pedometer with the time. What about a Fitbit or something, I think a lot of them have time now.

I don’t have anything of great importance to share, just wanted to catch up.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Im tucked in with the pup..son should be here a little after 9 staying over as he has to be at work at 9 am and im his mode of transportation..
    Picked up the meds and have to call to schedule echocardiogram they left a message..so will get that done toot sweet so we can get to the bottom of this..
    Found out a dear friend of our family passed of a heart attack today .. he and my dad were great friends and our families grew up together.. i told my friends im sure dad met dear Bob and they picked up where they left off..his poor wife was there but oblivious to it all as she has dementia, there are 7 kids so they take turns staying with them ..now that Bob is gone we shall see what happens with poor Anne..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Debbie-those may be more deserts than I have made in my life!

Physically feel a bit better today. Seems like things are settling down a bit (less of an inflamed feeling). Stopped in at gym-just did some bike and treadmill, passed on lifting until I see doctor next week and see what he says. Was a bit uncomfortable but it didn't seem to make things worse. Felt good to move and get out of house. I was only persons there except for trainer. Trainer had been out sick, she was back today. She had Covid. Luckily a mild case. I had not been in there when she would have been contagious. She has no idea where she picked it up.

Some more restrictions started today-mainly size of groups at things like wedding receptions and restaurants and mandatory mask order for businesses getting reinforced. Will see what Governor has to say tomorrow.

Yesterday we had high winds and rain-lost power briefly but evidently others had it out for longer. Today much better.

Other that that, nothing new in my corner of the world. I am content with that!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Very cold and windy day here in Canada today. I did take my 3 year old granddaughter for a walk in her stroller and she fell asleep straight away so I just kept walking and ended up getting a lot of steps in today. I also tried a very simple yoga routine which I hope I will get better at with practice :smile:

Covid numbers are getting bad here and I'm pretty sure by the end of the week we'll be back to no sitting inside restaurants and gyms etc shut down. It may be what's needed to get the numbers back down.

Suzanne in Canada
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Terri and Tracey – but aren’t all Fitbits things you wear on your wrist? I want something that goes in my pocket. I just don’t like the looks of one of them on my wrist

Terri – I tried searching for Nakosite, and I didn’t get any hits. Maybe that’s only something that can be purchased in Ireland. I’m looking at the Realalt right now. This one seems to count steps, calories and has the time of day. Actually, I’ve put it on my list for Christmas. I can live with my phone counting steps, calories and time of day until Christmas. This way it gives the kids something to get me. And if they don't get it, I will.

Go for my annual physical tomorrow. There are two things that I need to talk to him about. First I have this “thing” that hurts when I walk. I’m no doc and I’m not diagnosing, but it feels like when I had a plantar wart years ago. The other thing is that I sometimes get a pain in my lower back on my left side. At first I thought it was because my hamstrings are so tight. But now I’m wondering if it might not be arthritis. Or could it be that when my osteoporosis was so bad the vertebrae compressed? I wonder if he can see on the BDT? Other than that, everything's fine here. I went for my blood work on Fri. because I like for him to have the results at my physical. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other- dusting, vacuum, clean patio, laundry, fold and put away, make pup cookies = 838c