WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump video today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Blast DVD.

Woke early so went to the gym early and did a full hour workout then went to the neurologist for my 5 minute “how are you doing” visit.

Katie – checked out Adore Your Wardrobe. Looks very interesting. I think for right now I’ll probably just do the videos.

Fae – I had to download that app. There is no way in the world that I’d get 6 strikes in a row! Two, maybe. But not 6! It appears that it assumes you bowl a straight ball and I have a wicked curve (only I can’t control it) I wonder if I got the same one you have? I’d love to play online!

Does anyone play American Mahjongg online?

Purses in stores: If I go away from my cart, I usually put my purse on my shoulder. If I am just wandering the aisle, I usually have my purse in the baby seat part with my hand thru the purse handles.

Mrsshots from OK – What kinds of cardio do you do? I look forward to chatting with you. Welcome

Vicki – I’m so sorry about your SIL. 45 is very young

Allie
    – feel better fast. Sure hope the doc gets to the bottom of this for you

Making more sugar cookies for Vince. They had a GOOD sale on the mix so I bought it. Now I want to use it up.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Margaret- I agree so many places to be conscious of what ur surroundings and look out for ourselves.

Vicki - condolences for your sister in law.

Allie - I hope you get some answers soon.

Evelyn - I think you’re smart to get some tires for snow. We need two new front tires, trying to find a company that will only change two is a hassle.
    I think those people that start chatting on games are a lot of the ones that are looking to catfish someone. Just my opinion.

Another huge snow dump today, it looks like January snow accumulations now, at this rate it’s going to be an extremely long winter.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    T
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Fae and Allie you can buy a meter to test your oxygen levels at home for about $30. I bought one about 4 months ago. For some COVID patients they don't realize their oxygen levels are low. It is one measure for COVID and if you need to go to the hospital. I measure mine periodically. It should be 95-100. If it goes below 90 call doctor. I was at 98 tonight.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Copy any sentence you just wrote or anyone here wrote, paste it into Google with quote marks around it ... and you'll find it in Google.

Most of the time that's OK but if you are talking about specific named people or things, that may interest someone
    Machka, yes, this is true. I still don't give out really specific info, but am willing to share more than in a one on one conversation when all I really want to do is play scrabble! lol
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

I think those people that start chatting on games are a lot of the ones that are looking to catfish someone. Just my opinion.
    Tracey, I agree, which is why I had no interest in chatting. I've had a few others start a chat and when I've said that I'm just here to earn "coins" they continue to play, but not to chat. I'm okay with that! lol This one quit playing.... seems fishy to me!
    Machka, if the crown seems too high, or if there is pain, you need to let the dentist know. It will not compress down, or at least it shouldn't. The crown should fit tight to the top of the stump without putting pressure on the nerve but should be the same height as the rest of your teeth. It could be that the dentist didn't take the stump down far enough or mismeasured the crown. Good luck! And congrats on finishing uni! That is such an accomplishment with all that you have had on your plate the last few years.
    Well, it seems I wrote the novel earlier and have nothing to add! lol So I'm going to call it a night.
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA - Vince just recently had to have a ziopak. Wore it for 2 weeks. You only have to wear the Haltar monitor for 24 hours???? I wonder if that's enough time...guess so. Guess every case is different. Does the Haltar monitor still have all sorts of wires?

Good luck

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue, I’m not good at exercising on my own either. I am back in my yoga class and feeling much better. I missed the exercise and the friendships. Do I remember correctly that you’re a swimmer? Is that currently available? Sending good thoughts your way. 🌸🌼🌺
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    kmriedell wrote: »
    Wow ladies this is the MOST active group ever. I looked tonight and had 60 notifications!! I can tell I’ll need to check in more often. Haha
    Today I did the bodpod and I am ecstatic with the results! It’s so motivating. My metabolism is fast. Way better than last time! I have lost over 10 pounds of fat and little muscle mass. I went from obesity 1 to overweight. Just so many positives. ❤️ Almost 18 pounds down. Woot woot! My next appointment is next month.
    🥂 Here’s to positive changes!

Welcome to the group. We are busy bees, but nobody expects members to reply to every post 😂 Just jump in when something sparks your interest.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Back from grocery shopping, and chilling with a coffee before wiping down and stowing goods. I often see people without masks rummaging through items at the mall, so will continue with this process. It’s not like I’m short of time.

Planning to do some decluttering later, and possibly sewing or crochet for a bit. Today is too wet to go out and plant up more bulbs, but have plenty to occupy my time indoors.

It’s Armistice Day here, so will participate in a minute’s silence at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in memory of all those killed in WW1, especially my great-uncle Robert Morrow, VC, awarded posthumously. He is buried in Ypres, France.

☘️ Terri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, dogs to vet, Shadow to meet and greet new dog sitter, pick up labs, watched STAS Day 14 (My Magic Hand).
    Bonus: reconciled checking account, 20 mins Terri’s Sr. Zumba, typed hymns.
    Get to do: fast for blood work, return adjustor’s call, car to body shop, post office, eye doctor about VSP/invoice, massage, iphone to shop, submit grant pics and receipts, meeting prep, board meeting, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    10: when you feel you can’t do something, add the word “yet”: Feel I can’t restrict sugar or fast intermittently. . . yet :laugh:

Picked up labs reports today, good news poo test negative. Not so good news, they did a complete metabolic panel not a lipid panel. No info on effectiveness of Atorvastatin. Called Dr’s office, airhead receptionist agreed to order lipid panel but somehow thought I could give the blood Wednesday morning and they’d have the results in time for my 10:45 am Thursday appointment. Lab is in Pendleton, all the way across the state. Even if blood is couriered over same day, takes time to analyze and report, no? Urged her to reschedule my appointment, but she had “computer troubles” and would call back. No call back yet received. So I’m grumpy, worried about te$t co$t$ and fasting YET again. Could the universe be trying to tell me something?

Wow Lisa thanks! Sounds like a very lot of work, but next time I start to whine about how dark our rooms are… “it brightens a room and gives it a rustic cottage like décor” that would be perfect! Sending good vibes your way for Thursday.
    Carol, good catch!
    Barbie Sorry for your tears, I’m with you and it just shouldn’t be this hard. Our Part B insurance company doesn’t offer a Part D option so there I was. Next week I might put a call into our State SHIP office to confirm I made the right choice. I bought a frozen turkey breast on sale, wish I had room in the freezer for another ;)
    Tracey that stocking is most creative! :love: the Christmas lights and ornaments on the dog house, the candy cane treats in the dog bowl and all the bling! You could sell those for mucho moola when the craft bazaars return, but for now I guess it’s just a labor of love.
    Katla I forgot about the tardis' lack of control. You’re right!
    Margaret you are right to be so vigilant. Also women who leave their purses in the cart while loading groceries into the car. Thieves love that.
    Welcome @mrsshots2011 in Oklahoma. I too love beer, and ale, with predictable results. Found an AF ale (Clausthaler dry-hopped) that tastes great and is only 89 cals/bottle about half of most ales. Cheers! Logging every bite, lick or sip can be a real eye-opener. Well done on the exercise. Boot camp WOW.
    Vickie NE good to hear from you and v. happy to hear the hives are gone! So sad about your sil, ALS is a cruel disease.
    Debbie oh Angwin, Mama used to take me there to shop for my vegetarian fake meat. What a beautiful place. Hope the fire damage was minimal.
    Allie what Katla and Fae said. Pneumonia is sneaky, doesn’t always come with cough. 20+ years ago I had no symptoms but a debilitating headache and fever. Doc gave me an antibiotic and THEN I started to cough. Coughed all night, went into the ER. They stuck my finger in the oxygen meter and didn’t even let me sit down in the waiting room but hurried me onto a bed and stuck oxygen up my nose. Was in hospital 8 days, on oxygen 2 weeks and lost 5 weeks of work. The good news is it got me off tobacco. Last year Joe woke up with chest pain. Rushed to ER, turned out to be “walking pneumonia” thankful it wasn’t a heart attack. Hope you get some relief and SOON.
    Evelyn creepy Bucky, hope he didn’t taint your enjoyment of that game.
    Heather excited to see your new rug in situ.
    Machka good reminder about how public this thread is. What Evelyn said about the crown. Mine have felt just a little high right after the Novocain wore off, but the next morning felt fine. Best to call the DDS.
    Con VERY grats @kmriedell Are you Keri from VA? Had to google “bodpod” Fascinating that such bmi machines are becoming more available and reasonably priced.
    Michele the only Mahjong I play is the old Windows 7 game “Majong Titans” and the only layout I use is the Turtle… ;)
    Sue in WA waiting 'til January for the echo cardiogram seems an awful long time. Good luck with the monitor. Neither am I good at exercising on my own, really miss my BB&B, T’ai Chi and Line Dance classes.

Finally sleepy.
    Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 10, weigh: 10, steps>5491=5635 vits=10 log=10 CI<CO=9 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=11 mfp=10 outside=9 up hill=9
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=1 clean 30 mins=3.75
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant=0 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    As promised, the pink roses, still blooming here on Veterans Day. I really need to spiff up that lamp post.

To those who served, or who loved and respected someone who served their country, please thank a veteran today--and since we're all distancing, etc., please give them a call, drop them an email, or send a thought for those who didn't make it back.

ixkjk8dmrcfc.jpg

galu8gdnc7d6.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Machka- what Evie said ,usually when they use articulating paper it leaves a mark as to where they need to shave doen a bit,yes go get that taken care of.
    Calling new drs office this morning and making an appointment..and then having my records transferred. I have been with this group for close to 40 yrs.. time to move on..
    And i will definitely look into an oxegen monitor..