The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    My god 2020 can just suck it.

2020 can just suck it :D

Yup, pretty much.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Yup, pretty much.

You know I thought 2016 was the worst ever.... We had to move my parents out of our childhood home (although they did well on the sale), my dad's cancer wasn't getting better and he died in November of 2016. The day before my dad died my cousin called to say his dad, my dad's brother in law, had been found dead.

But man 2020 takes the cake. But imagine we'll be telling our grandkids about the great pandemic. About the time the world pretty much shut down and we all had to remember what it was like to enjoy and appreciate all things life has to offer. Fingers crossed the vaccine is ready to go soon so we can visit people again
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Yup, pretty much.

You know I thought 2016 was the worst ever.... We had to move my parents out of our childhood home (although they did well on the sale), my dad's cancer wasn't getting better and he died in November of 2016. The day before my dad died my cousin called to say his dad, my dad's brother in law, had been found dead.

But man 2020 takes the cake. But imagine we'll be telling our grandkids about the great pandemic. About the time the world pretty much shut down and we all had to remember what it was like to enjoy and appreciate all things life has to offer. Fingers crossed the vaccine is ready to go soon so we can visit people again

you are so right. Try to focus on the positive things instead of the negative. I can't change those things, only how we react to them. At least we have so much technology. Would I rather be in person with my family? Totally, but at least there's apps like House Party and zoom and whatever else that we can see each other and all talk together. I can decorate the rest of the house and just skip the tree and the mantle. I can still bake cookies and watch Christmas movies and listen to the music.
  • Croziflette
    Croziflette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    31! and about 50 pounds to lose
  • PanPacific
    PanPacific Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been off and on MFP for years. I am 51 years old with 30 lbs to lose and I *desperately * need accountability buddies, on and off MFP. Currently restarting a lower calorie plan (1200 a day because I am a short female ) vegan ( but I refuse to judge carnivores, it all good! ) with moderate excercise . Wishing you all a good Sunday 👍
  • celbabs
    celbabs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to the app. 48, married, dog dad, new homeowner (8 weeks!) and LGBTQ author. Looking to lose 20 lbs. So much harder to lose weight now that I’m middle-aged and my addiction to cookies doesn’t help!

I’m hoping that by keeping track of my calories, I’ll become more aware of what/how much I’m eating and that will be enough to keep me honest. My husband is using a different app for the same purpose. Fingers crossed!

I’d say that during the holidays is one of the worst times to try and lose weight but since we rarely leave the house, due to the pandemic, we won’t be tempted by mindlessly eating at holiday parties this year.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    celbabs wrote: »
    New to the app. 48, married, dog dad, new homeowner (8 weeks!) and LGBTQ author. Looking to lose 20 lbs. So much harder to lose weight now that I’m middle-aged and my addiction to cookies doesn’t help!

I’m hoping that by keeping track of my calories, I’ll become more aware of what/how much I’m eating and that will be enough to keep me honest. My husband is using a different app for the same purpose. Fingers crossed!

I’d say that during the holidays is one of the worst times to try and lose weight but since we rarely leave the house, due to the pandemic, we won’t be tempted by mindlessly eating at holiday parties this year.

So you and hubs are having a battle of the food and fitness tracking apps? Who will prevail?!?!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday middle agers!
    Sorry but no, no Christmas in this house until December. Mind you plenty of houses on our road have their decos up already, but I think it's insane. As much as I love Christmas, heck my eldest was born Christmas Day, but I can't stand the tree more than about 2 weeks. I've been known to take it down before NYE!

Weather's been horrific this weekend, cold, windy and that dirty very wet drizzly rain. Still went for a walk both days with the husband and in a weird way I kinda enjoy it, getting wrapped up and not being bothered by the state of myself.

Right, it's nearly 7pm here. I'm going to be enjoying a glass of cabernet and relax for a few hours. Have a nice evening all <3

@FutureFit2020 please tell me those dates were massive! I know they're full of sugar (and fiber) but 60 cals is not worth it, is it!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Horrible weather in the UK today - so we decided to head to Richmond Green to our friends ice cream shop! a1d5zwp8exvu.jpg
    1v74ssozs42m.jpg

Aww, he's growing so fast.. and so cute, a heart breaker in the making 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    good morning middle-agers.. :)
    Welcome new faces.

Life is not too bad here ( Australia) in comparison to overseas but a reminder last night as I watched the news of how life has still changed. People who normally put on huge Christmas light displays for their community have been asked not to. They are sad of course but understood. Such a shame but yeah.. crowds etc. 😔 Maybe next year.

Stay safe out there 🙂
  • FutureFit2020
    Options

Horrible weather in the UK today - so we decided to head to Richmond Green to our friends ice cream shop! a1d5zwp8exvu.jpg
    1v74ssozs42m.jpg

So cute!
  • FutureFit2020
    Options
    Sadly dates were not huge. :(

I will be the one arguing to take the tree down Boxing day! I never make it to NYE, but I've obviously gone Covid weird. :D
  • uppercutXpert
    uppercutXpert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Feel free to add me because I don't know how to add people ;)
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Click on an avatar and go to the person's profile. Then you'll have an option to send a friend request.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    razrbak94 wrote: »
    Yay, found my group! 50 and striving for the best “me” I can be.

You're as old as you feel. Do you feel like 41, or 59?

I feel 41. I felt 35 well into my early 50s until...my 2nd spine surgery!
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LesField wrote: »
    I think this is the group for me.

I'm 53 from the UK and married with 4 grown up blended kids (we have two each).
    I've lost 100lb over the last year and my wife has lost 140lb.
    You’re my heroes! My goal is to lose 28 pounds by my next birthday in January.
    2 grown kids, the last one on his way out.

• uppercutXpert
    uppercutXpert Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Click on an avatar and go to the person's profile. Then you'll have an option to send a friend request.

Ok I just tried but I can't send or accept invitations. I think it's probably because I don't use the app because everytime I click on the link they bring me to App Store.

• AliNouveau
    Options

Ok I just tried but I can't send or accept invitations. I think it's probably because I don't use the app because everytime I click on the link they bring me to App Store.

You should have an option to skip going to the app store. I use the internet browser because the app uses a lot of data.