The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Morning! I have yet to put any kind of liquor into my coffee or tea, I wonder how that would taste? Also doesn't liquor have calories?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!
    I keep having bizarre dreams. Last was about a skating competition and needing to withdraw. Kinda like life but different

Have a super awesome day
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

It's Friday, it's Friday...and it's sunny here. Although it will be hot and humid today and tomorrow and might storm tomorrow night. I'll take hot and humid over cold and rainy any day, though!

Oh, and I bought some new coffee to try this weekend! I've been enjoying cold brewed coffee on the weekends, but it just seems ridiculously expensive. So I'm going to try my hand at it (hopefully, I'll remember tonight). Wish me luck!
  • showjefb
    showjefb Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good morning gang. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday :)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Good morning, all!

It's Friday, it's Friday...and it's sunny here. Although it will be hot and humid today and tomorrow and might storm tomorrow night. I'll take hot and humid over cold and rainy any day, though!

Oh, and I bought some new coffee to try this weekend! I've been enjoying cold brewed coffee on the weekends, but it just seems ridiculously expensive. So I'm going to try my hand at it (hopefully, I'll remember tonight). Wish me luck!

Am I missing something here?? What are you going to be trying your hand at?? Don’t leave a coffee lover in suspense here!!! Lol.
  • forestfreek
    Options
    showjefb wrote: »
    Good morning gang. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday :)

Good morning and a wonderful Friday to you too! 😊
  • jsmeandaddy
    jsmeandaddy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    55 and done with 'trying'. Feel free to add me
  • forestfreek
    Options
    55 and done with 'trying'. Feel free to add me

Right. I get it. There comes a time when you just have to DO IT!
    Now if I could put the potato chips and wine down, I’d be doing it too😜
    Good luck and welcome!!!
    Jennie.

• ScubaSteve814
    ScubaSteve814 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    43 here.

Welcome😊

Gracias!
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all!! Happy Friday
  • AliNouveau
    edited June 2019
    Options
    so I made tex mex the other day for dinner. My lunch the past 2 days has been beans and taco meat with some sour cream all glopped into a bowl today with tortilla chips. so good but so disgusting looking
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Am I missing something here?? What are you going to be trying your hand at?? Don’t leave a coffee lover in suspense here!!! Lol.

Sorry...make cold-brew coffee. Last time I tried it, it turned out "meh" at best. It required LOTS of milk to be drink-able. And this coming from someone who drinks her coffee black...
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! We finally got a break in the rain so today’s exercise is mowing the lawn before the damn rain comes back. 🤪
  • forestfreek
    Options
    Ahhhh, the joys of summer 😂👍

It’s beautiful where I am (Ontario). Almost a perfect day!😊
  • StarliteTara
    StarliteTara Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    so I made tex mex the other day for dinner. My lunch the past 2 days has been beans and taco meat with some sour cream all glopped into a bowl today with tortilla chips. so good but so disgusting looking

That sounds yummy! I missed lunch today so that isn't helping anything.
  • forestfreek
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »

Sorry...make cold-brew coffee. Last time I tried it, it turned out "meh" at best. It required LOTS of milk to be drink-able. And this coming from someone who drinks her coffee black...

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard of cold-pressed coffee. I feel so uneducated! What is it? Going to google.....very curious!!

• AliNouveau
    Options

That sounds yummy! I missed lunch today so that isn't helping anything.

sorry it looks like such slop and something my dad would've eaten but man it was tasty
  • OkieGina
    Options
    I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard of cold-pressed coffee. I feel so uneducated! What is it? Going to google.....very curious!!

Basically, you take coarse ground coffee and let it steep in cold water for 12-24 hours. I usually use a french press and leave it in the refrigerator. It's supposed to be less acidic and smoother than normally-brewed coffee. I tend to drink a lot of hot coffee at during the week (at work), but never seem to finish a cup at home on the weekends (too many distractions, kids, etc.). Iced coffee has never tasted "right" to me, but I'm good with cold-brew. I can normally drink cold-brew black or with a splash of milk. I've also been known to use it instead of water if I need a protein shake.
  • OkieGina
    Options

I think this sounds yummy as well!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So my family forgot to get me a birthday cake for my birthday which was Sunday. A friend dropped by some cookies she had made so that I got something especially made for me and I bought myself a cake finally at the grocery store. It's belated but still counts