WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Michele good luck with your annual physical tomorrow.

pipcd34 sounds like you had a busy day. Hope the pups liked the cookies :smile:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Worked too hard today and now I am achey. Tomorrow will be an easier day as I
    Will go to Bible Study and work on menus for when my daughter and family are here for a week.
    Take care of yourselves.
    SueBDew in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :)MIchele, Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. It sounds like you are well prepared with your questions.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Debbie-those may be more deserts than I have made in my life!

Physically feel a bit better today. Seems like things are settling down a bit (less of an inflamed feeling). Stopped in at gym-just did some bike and treadmill, passed on lifting until I see doctor next week and see what he says. Was a bit uncomfortable but it didn't seem to make things worse. Felt good to move and get out of house. I was only persons there except for trainer. Trainer had been out sick, she was back today. She had Covid. Luckily a mild case. I had not been in there when she would have been contagious. She has no idea where she picked it up.

Some more restrictions started today-mainly size of groups at things like wedding receptions and restaurants and mandatory mask order for businesses getting reinforced. Will see what Governor has to say tomorrow.

Yesterday we had high winds and rain-lost power briefly but evidently others had it out for longer. Today much better.

Other that that, nothing new in my corner of the world. I am content with that!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

mom is a big cook/baker and making all the treats to share is so fun for both of us. I have always loved to cook and bake too, when it is appreciated. My former hubby will really appreciate all the treats- he gets a big box every Christmas.
    One thing that is good is I love to bake a LOT but not a big fan of eating most of it(there are a few exceptions, including my pecan pie that I make with at least double the nuts the recipe calls for)
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    pictures from one of our holiday treat making

we do tend to make too much- need to find more people to share with.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Let me know when you are ready for my address

The recipes are so tasty but are also so simple to make, especially the fudge and there are so many combinations of things to put in it- what ever you like.

Debbie
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just saying hi and checking in, I met my goals today both eating and exercising so I feel good. What are your goals and what’s working for you to meet them? I am working on logging every meal, eating mindfully, and avoiding late-night snacking. Also being aware of my hunger in a better way, getting used to being a little hungry to build a tolerance to it. Here’s to another good day tomorrow!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Suzanne, Tracey (Snowflake) and I are also both from Canada, Tracey is in Alberta, I'm in BC. Please let us know what part you're in! There's a couple others in Ont, can't remember if we've heard from them lately tho!
    Debbie, Wow! That's a lot of goodies! I know I could not restrain myself from that stuff, I love the sweet stuff, could be part of my weight problem... ;)
    Allie and Lisa, Glad you are getting some relief with meds, hoping you get more answers soon.
    Beth, hoping your hubby and son are doing okay.
    Not much happening in my world today. Took my car in to get its winter boots on, now have to figure out where I'm going to put the all season tires that they took off. The garage is already full of "stuff", may have to do some rearranging. It will all work out, somehow! Met with some friends for some social distancing crafting, the weather was rather atrocious, lots of rain (LOTS!!) and of course I dropped my car off then walked to my friends house. We meet out in her carport, they have a propane campfire so we even get some warmth, altho there was a wind going down the back of my neck, have to get there earlier next time so that I can sit further in! Stopped by a former co-workers place afterwards, she was getting rid of a bunch of crochet cotton and asked if I was interested. I really don't need any, but said yes, because apparently I can't say no..... There's some really nice stuff! Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'll figure out something. Eventually...
    Finally got my rear in gear and made it to the gym this morning, my exercise routine has fallen off the rails and I really need to get back into it. Between that and the walking to and fro for my car made for a fairly active day. Now I'm knackered (as Heather would say), so I am heading for the shower and bed.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies! Please let us know what you would like to be called and a location that can be as general or specific as you are comfortable with!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’m awake at 1:30 am. 🥱 I plan to go back to sleep asap. 😴
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - So love that pick of Edie with the cello. She's so grown up! Glad Johnny's going to the doctor, and that you're getting tests as well. My ferritin storage is low, so I'm having to supplement daily. Part of why my stamina is shot all to heck.

Tracey - Love the stocking, it's absolutely beautiful.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I walked 10.7 km today! :)
    M in Oz
    Woot! Well done, Machka.

All
    - thanks for the good thoughts.

The diuretic has helped me drop 13 pounds since Thursday, and there's been some progress on my feet/ankles/leg swelling, but not a whole lot. That's only 1/3 of the water weight gained over the previous four weeks, so there's a ways yet to go.

It is a relief to be able to wear some of my regular shoes again - I had to buy one size up or go to the grocery store in slippers! I do draw the line at pajama pants and slippers in public (harking back to an earlier conversation), but tend to wear leggings with a long shirt. Actually, unless I'm below 150 pounds, I usually have a long shirt on that goes past my hips. As a pear shape, it makes me feel less, well, pear-shapy.

Woke up at 2 a.m., couldn't go back to sleep. Slowly getting things in the house readied for the kids and the grandkids next week, and hoping the Army doesn't restrict their travel for Thanksgiving, considering the current surge in cases. I think I mentioned that my son-in-law will basically be on call for Christmas/New Year's, so this is the only time we can see them... and while I do know it's a risk, especially with my current health issues, it's one I'm willing to take. If they can't come, then they can't, and Corey and I will enjoy his five days off in other ways.

Time to go get his lunch made, so pleased to be able to do that again.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - I'm glad they're taking care of you, girlie. I know it's a financial burden, but better that than risk your health. Thinking about you! Please check in when you can...
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm still lurking in and out. Haven't had time to catch up yet, but I see that you are in the hospital Allie, hope you are okay and you get it sorted. Sending love your way.

Tracey I love your Christmas stocking. When I was at work, one year, for a team building exercise, we went to a craft centre and made some Xmas stockings, I made one for Kain and I still have it, I was so proud of it as I'm not a crafty person (I have the dancers equivalent of two left feet :) )

Heather - Hope all goes well at the Doctors for your hubby, and that you get your iron levels sorted.

Both me and mum are waiting for hospital appointments, we had our eyes tested last week and have both been referred. Mum because her cataracts have left scar tissue or something, and me because I have started with cataracts (the joys of aging!) and also there's something that the optician was a little concerned about and thought it best to be checked by the hospital.

I'm also waiting for a roofer to repair the roof, I called him for one problem on the extension, but he noticed a larger problem with the main roof. It will take around 2 days to completely take off the tiles and redo the joists (the wooden bits that hold the tiles on) but he's very busy and will fit me in as soon as he can. Expensive right before Christmas, but it needs to be done, I don't want the roof to collapse.

Take care everyone <3<3
    Love Viv

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Viv - Nice to see you!
    Hate roof problems. Hate having to spend money on things you can't see. :#
    Hope your eye things get sorted out ASAP.

Man came to take the car away for an MOT (compulsory safety check) Luckily we bought a five year warranty with the car so they always collect and deliver. We will have to pay for the certificate and anything they find.

Must stop dilly dallying and get on with my memoir. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Well good morning ladies
    Guess where i am? In the hospital ....i couldnt get comfortable last night and was having some shortness of breath. So had my son take my car and bring me to ER.. they admitted me and will run some tests...

I'm glad to hear you're getting some help!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Allie - sending love <3 Hate that you have to worry about the cost. <3

Done my writing for the day. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey
    Your Christmas stocking for the pup is fantastic! You are so talented.

Allie
    Prayers for you as they look for the reasons you are feeling ill. Hope they will come up with a solution to help you quickly.

Lisa
    Glad to see the excess weight is coming off. Continued good thoughts that it will off come off quickly and that your children will be able to see you safely next week.

Heather
    Good thoughts for you and your husband! I am glad he is going to a "real" doctor.

I have two dr appointments today. One to get follow up blood work due to my overload of iron in my blood system and the other to have my constantly aching shoulder seen to. Please wish me good experiences with both.

Carol in GA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: car to body shop.
    Bonus: brought Shadow along on stroll with T, post office, gas, grocery outlet
    Get to do: take BP, watch STAS Day 17, submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    16: Look at life through someone else’s eyes and see their perspective. Not my strong suit, try again tomorrow.

Stopped by the library to pick up a book they’re holding. Closed. Was surprised ‘cuz even during lockdown they had a staff member at a table outside delivering plastic wrapped held books. Turns out the closure has nothing to do with Oregon’s pause/freeze, but is because a staff member tested positive. Likely from a Halloween event, but as s/he worked from then 'til last week, staff and patrons likely exposed. Fortunately they’ve been vigilant about requiring everyone to wear masks at all times. Hope we all take this to heart and put off all holiday gatherings ‘til spring. I was thinking of inviting T to have Thanksgiving with us as she’d be more fun and chatty to dine with than Joe, but now, nope. Will suggest a zoom happy hour that day instead.

Lanette, yep, chose different Plan D for me (few meds, low premium) than for Joe (higher premium, covers at least part of more expen$ive eye drops). Decided to stick with our high deductible Plan F for medigap. Any change to no deductible F or low deductible plan G would require “underwriting” and since more “issues” have cropped up, think it’s best to take a pass. ;)
    Katla “Looking at national news, I think we’re quite lucky to live here in the PNW.” Amen sister, AMEN!
    Annie :cry: ((hugs))
    Debbie Wow, what an abundance! And you get it all made in just a weekend? SMH!
    Carol, yes looking at Debbie’s production made my teeth ache. ;)
    Pip you made me laugh out loud. “let me know when you are ready for my address” Now why didn’t I think of that??? After reading your calorie burn, let me know when YOU are ready for MY address! :laugh:
    Allie sorry for your loss. While no one likes to be hospitalized, I’m a little relieved to hear that’s where you are. Now you can get the help you need. :prayers:
    Ginny good luck with the MD next week.
    Welcome, or welcome back Suzanne in Canada. Well done on extending that walk.
    Michele hope tomorrow’s physical gives you answers that are easy to fix.
    SuebDew where will your daughter and family be coming from?
    Tracey Ember is one lucky pooch!
    kcmccrom well done! Logging every bite, lick and sip, is key for me.
    Heather
    so glad Johnny has found a doctor he likes. That is more than half the battle. Sorry your hip is still paining you, and for the scary blood tests. Holding good thoughts the more detailed tests will reveal issues that are easily fixed. 5 year warranty includes Pick up and Delivery for compulsory safety test and certificate? Was it a new car? Our vehicle requirements are so varied. Understand Massachusetts has similar safety test and requirements. Nothing like that here, that I know of. Just as well as one of Joe’s vans is nearly 50 years old.
    Machka that’s a great day’s walk!
    Lisa remind me where your son-in-law is stationed? Hoping the meds continue to help you feel better. You’ve had such a rough time!
    Viv holding good thoughts for you and your Mum’s eye appointments. Not the best weather time of the year for roof repairs. Hoping for a stretch of clear and dry days for you.

Our church council thinks we can still host soup suppers before Advent services next month. The Governor’s pause order allows faith based gatherings of up to 25 socially distanced. I can’t help but wonder if the suppers would fall under the same no-eat-in- restaurant prohibitions instead.

Lovely warm wind tonight, will sweep in more rain. Really need to get off my butt and order that raingear.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 16, weigh: 16, steps>5491=7816 vits=16 log=16 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=16 outside=13 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=1 clean 30 mins=6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=10 play=0 sew=0