The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I’m back after a couple of years away. My motivation is in the toilet anymore. I’m looking for friends to give and receive support. Please add me if you don’t mind a 12 year olds sense of humor in a 50 year old body.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Where is that beautiful woman and soul, @forestfreek.

Hi!!!
    I’m still here🥰
    I’m doing a month of deprivation to raise money for a local family. Mom of 4 young ones has terminal cancer 😔
    I’m going without coffee, chocolate and alcohol for the month and my FB friends are sponsoring me.
    So in other words, I’m keeping my misery to myself 😂😂

Hope everyone is well ❤️

Yikes good for you! That poor family. Hope you're able to help them out some
  • Ladymuck21
    Ladymuck21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey 👋 I’m looking for likeminded friends, I’m middle aged but my body thinks it’s 90 🤔
  • StillJustBill2020
    StillJustBill2020 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Greetings all winter equals more time inside and more down time. Trying desperately to kick bad eating habits sooner rather than later.
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just came back to MFP after being away for some time. Trying to get back into my old workout habits.

I don't know how I feel about that "middle agers" though lol. Do I need to be reminded of that haha.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, please can I join you all?

I'm 40F and have lost 39lb this year, since March. Still a way to go but I'm happy with my progress and would be nice to have people to chat to.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Hi!!!
    I’m still here🥰
    I’m doing a month of deprivation to raise money for a local family. Mom of 4 young ones has terminal cancer 😔
    I’m going without coffee, chocolate and alcohol for the month and my FB friends are sponsoring me.

Hope everyone is well ❤️

Yeah, they are in pretty dire straights. Obviously she can’t work due to her failing condition and he can’t either as he takes care of her full time and their four kids.
    A friend of mine is doing a toy collection for their kids for Christmas so that will help as well.
    So far I’ve managed to raise $2500 just from asking my FB friends to donate. Considering I only have 270 friends that’s pretty generous of all of them ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Another mid-50's guy here. As much as I try, my body continues to remind me I'm not in my 20's any more.

Hi!!!
    I’m still here🥰

Hope everyone is well ❤️

Yeah, they are in pretty dire straights. Obviously she can’t work due to her failing condition and he can’t either as he takes care of her full time and their four kids.
    A friend of mine is doing a toy collection for their kids for Christmas so that will help as well.
    So far I’ve managed to raise $2500 just from asking my FB friends to donate. Considering I only have 270 friends that’s pretty generous of all of them ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Wow... just. wow... I can't imagine. You are doing something very special.

• AliNouveau
    Options

Hi!!!
    I’m still here🥰

Hope everyone is well ❤️

Good for you. My son's school is doing a gift drive for some families. It's going to be tough out there for many families this year
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Morning beautiful people, new ones and older ones (not age wise!!). I hope everyone is staying healthy. All our covid tests came back negative here. My oldest works in a nursing home and they are going to weekly tests. All distance learning starts after Thanksgiving and at least through the new year sooo...how YOU doin??

I did make a mental health decision for myself to take some self care this weekend. I booked myself a hotel room, just here in town, and I'm staying there by myself. I just need 48 hours away from the kids, dogs, messy house, chaos before the stress of the holidays and work ramp up. My husband didn't seem thrilled by it, but I told him it was either a weekend now, or time in the psych ward in January. Sooo...yeah.

@forestfreek I am so proud of you and what you're doing, I don't think that I could do it. And yes, there are a LOT of families that are going to need a lot of help. It makes my problems seem really small sometimes.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »

I did make a mental health decision for myself to take some self care this weekend. I booked myself a hotel room, just here in town, and I'm staying there by myself. I just need 48 hours away from the kids, dogs, messy house, chaos before the stress of the holidays and work ramp up. My husband didn't seem thrilled by it, but I told him it was either a weekend now, or time in the psych ward in January. Sooo...yeah.

This is an awesome idea!

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Ladymuck21 wrote: »
    Hey 👋 I’m looking for likeminded friends, I’m middle aged but my body thinks it’s 90 🤔

Amen! LOL.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

Me too. They say you're only as old as you feel... some days I feel 20.... the next day I feel 90.... when in reality I am 58.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Me too. They say you're only as old as you feel... some days I feel 20.... the next day I feel 90.... when in reality I am 58.

Good to see you.. hoping today is a 20 day 😄
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Afternoon middles -agers .. HHD 🙂
  • eng_maaka1981
    eng_maaka1981 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good evening 🤗
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    HHD middle agers! But the saying goes, you're only as old as the person you feel (so get yourself a young one!) :D

Bucketing raining here this morning, proper depressing. Can this year be over already?

@forestfreek you're amazing, are you feeling deprived as well, or are you ok?

@cgrout78 enjoy the peace and quiet, brilliant idea!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's a cold and frosty morning. I don't understand this weather....it's been cold all week but will be double digits tomorrow and Friday. What the heck?!?!
    @LunaTheFatCat soon... we'll be done with this year soon....then onto better and brighter things.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    @rcl6 welcome back brother. I'm just getting back as well. I don't want to start a New Years resolution - I just want to start new every morning.