What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I talk a lot, so I'll throw it in a spoiler to save space on the feed...
    I struggle with feeling inadequate in a lot of areas in my life. Particularly around the house. Being a single mom has been so hard that I often cannot figure out how to balance everything... house work, yard work, kids, finances, work, commuting. The simplest of things - lunches for school, figuring out dinner, keeping the house tidy - often get behind and I berate myself over it.

I used to have the kids 50%, and a lot of times I'd spend the 50% they weren't with me catching my breath and trying to find balance again. A lot of times I'd get enough groceries to last until they left, and then would just have a can of soup, or a frozen dinner, or eggs while they were away. I just didn't have the energy or care enough to make food for myself.

I confess that I royally sucked at getting them to help out around the house. It just felt that we were always trying to make up time together, and put aside the responsibilities.

On Oct 30th my kids were allowed to come stay with me until further notice... and I was terrified I was going to ruin everything. How was I going to manage 7days a week of healthy dinners and 5 days a week of lunches and more laundry, more housework, more... I legit had a number of meltdowns.

But... Here I sit on Nov 17th... we have a meal plan for the week that we all worked on together... the house is decently tidy, and the kids are helping out more than ever. Money is making it to the end of the month (though we've had a lot of unexpected therapy expenses - so it's tight). We've found a rhythm and I just feel... happy.

Maybe I can do this afterall. It actually feels easier with them here all the time.

I dislike that I am only allowed to "hug" this once. Way to go! It's great that you are finding rhythm and a sense of contentment. You can do this; you got it. :heart:
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    I struggle with feeling inadequate in a lot of areas in my life. Particularly around the house. Being a single mom has been so hard that I often cannot figure out how to balance everything... house work, yard work, kids, finances, work, commuting. The simplest of things - lunches for school, figuring out dinner, keeping the house tidy - often get behind and I berate myself over it.

I used to have the kids 50%, and a lot of times I'd spend the 50% they weren't with me catching my breath and trying to find balance again. A lot of times I'd get enough groceries to last until they left, and then would just have a can of soup, or a frozen dinner, or eggs while they were away. I just didn't have the energy or care enough to make food for myself.

I confess that I royally sucked at getting them to help out around the house. It just felt that we were always trying to make up time together, and put aside the responsibilities.

On Oct 30th my kids were allowed to come stay with me until further notice... and I was terrified I was going to ruin everything. How was I going to manage 7days a week of healthy dinners and 5 days a week of lunches and more laundry, more housework, more... I legit had a number of meltdowns.

But... Here I sit on Nov 17th... we have a meal plan for the week that we all worked on together... the house is decently tidy, and the kids are helping out more than ever. Money is making it to the end of the month (though we've had a lot of unexpected therapy expenses - so it's tight). We've found a rhythm and I just feel... happy.

Maybe I can do this afterall. It actually feels easier with them here all the time.

I dislike that I am only allowed to "hug" this once. Way to go! It's great that you are finding rhythm and a sense of contentment. You can do this; you got it. :heart:

Thank you :heart:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

Again, I concur 🙌🏿

Getting into a routine can be helpful, even if you have to veer off course or revise it from time to time.

Sounds like you're doing better than you give yourself credit for @KickassAmazon76. I hope not too far in the near distant future you look back on this time and realize how kick 🍑 you - and those KIDS!! - actually are 🤗
  • KickassAmazon76
    i have a monster headache and two of my friends have covid so of course i’m like W H A T I F and so i’m huffing vitamin C and zinc and bleaching everything

I really hope that you're ok. *sending you extra good health vibes*
  • KickassAmazon76
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Again, I concur 🙌🏿

Getting into a routine can be helpful, even if you have to veer off course or revise it from time to time.

Sounds like you're doing better than you give yourself credit for @KickassAmazon76. I hope not too far in the near distant future you look back on this time and realize how kick 🍑 you - and those KIDS!! - actually are 🤗

:heart: the part in bold is a very common occurrance. :tongue: My biggest fear is that one day the kids will look back and say I didn't do enough, or failed somehow. More than anything I hope they know that mom tried her very best, and loved them with all she had. #parentingishardyo #ihavenoideawhatimdoing
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    All the things I want to eat but shouldn’t.
    I feel self-sabotage coming on, NOooooooooo..........
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Thank you :heart:

I'm really glad things are working out! You had it in you all along; you're all bringing out the best in each other. <3 You are an amazing empowered woman by doing everything you already do; wish you felt the confidence you deserve to feel.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    i have a monster headache and two of my friends have covid so of course i’m like W H A T I F and so i’m huffing vitamin C and zinc and bleaching everything

Keep taking care of yourself and hopefully you'll feel better soon! High fevers are one of the common symptoms; since you didn't mention it I assume you don't have one?

Not everything ends up being Covid but it certainly feels like it, doesn't it. :(
    Due to dh being positive(He only had low grade fever for a couple days), I'm getting questions about how I'm feeling. :/ Ya know, usual stuff for mid Nov. in Vt. but everything feels like Covid. Drippy nose, scratchy throat, achy body parts :/
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Ladymuck21 wrote: »
    Am I ever going to get used to this video conferencing and should I go for the bookcase background or a strategically placed vase of flowers and fluffy toy? 🤔

I'd go with something funny... Like this one!
    e29bf0da26548d9aeda246e621e1f39f.png

Google fun zoom meeting backgrounds... I may need to try some of these!

go with this one:

dark-prison-cell-night-260nw-62493358.jpg

Dont think @slimgirljo15 would appreciate you sharing pics of her basement

😲 wth.. they've escaped

😜
  • slimgirljo15

I hope you're ok 🙂 fingers crossed its not Covid 🤞
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Am I ever going to get used to this video conferencing and should I go for the bookcase background or a strategically placed vase of flowers and fluffy toy? 🤔

go with this one:

😲 wth.. they've escaped

😜

Who, or what escaped?!?!? Should we be worried?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

well she had a good run
    ewemcbp5c0ti.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    tmantwo wrote: »

go with this one:

😲 wth.. they've escaped

😜

Who, or what escaped?!?!? Should we be worried?

Its they, and they better get back down there.. Pronto 😏
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    feel like i been reading about bearded ladies on here all day and tbh it's hilariously helped my mood by picturing all of you ladies with beards now

oqnnpezps6a6.png
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    feel like i been reading about bearded ladies on here all day and tbh it's hilariously helped my mood by picturing all of you ladies with beards now

oqnnpezps6a6.png

Honestly, I'd rather have a wicked mustache, but eh.