What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• nanimoose wrote: »
    My mini goal is just to keep up the exercise habit I've started. 30 minutes of exercise a day, no matter how light (yoga and walks count too!) juuust to keep me consistent. I tend to work out hard then burn out or injure myself, then I'm forced to take a break and consequently fall off the exercise wagon. Slow and steady is the name of this game. Also, I'm finding this way of slower exercise, I'm much more mindful of how my body is feeling and less prone to injury. And if I miss a day, so what? Perfectionism has never done me any favors. Finally learning to moderate myself. 😊

Same thing I do. I go a little too hard lol. Then have to break for days. Because I am injured.
    I find that jumping exercises. Give me most injury. Im being mindful of how my body feel as well. Starting to moderate, them days off be a bummer. When know could of prevented it but going hard just got in the way. Moderation is key too even with exercise.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited November 2020
    Same thing I do. I go a little too hard lol. Then have to break for days. Because I am injured.
    I find that jumping exercises. Give me most injury. Im being mindful of how my body feel as well. Starting to moderate, them days off be a bummer. When know could of prevented it but going hard just got in the way. Moderation is key too even with exercise.
    There are plenty of good cardio exercises that are low impact (=no jumping). I have dodgy knees so jumping is out for me, but I still like to work out. Have a look at BodyFit by Amy, low impact: https://bodyfitbyamy.com/beginner-low-impact-workouts/.
  • nanimoose
    nanimoose Posts: 60 Member
    nanimoose wrote: »
    My mini goal is just to keep up the exercise habit I've started. 30 minutes of exercise a day, no matter how light (yoga and walks count too!) juuust to keep me consistent. I tend to work out hard then burn out or injure myself, then I'm forced to take a break and consequently fall off the exercise wagon. Slow and steady is the name of this game. Also, I'm finding this way of slower exercise, I'm much more mindful of how my body is feeling and less prone to injury. And if I miss a day, so what? Perfectionism has never done me any favors. Finally learning to moderate myself. 😊

Yeah, jumping exercises were what caused a lot of my knee issues. I was doing the 30 day shred, then attempted to do C25K after that and my knees just said NOPE. Doing the moderation thing and knee stretching and strengthening exercises for a long while until my knees are in top top shape, before I even attempt jogging.

Days off do suck. I dont realise how dependent my mental health is on exercise until I can't do it!
  • charmmeth wrote: »
    There are plenty of good cardio exercises that are low impact (=no jumping). I have dodgy knees so jumping is out for me, but I still like to work out. Have a look at BodyFit by Amy, low impact: https://bodyfitbyamy.com/beginner-low-impact-workouts/.

thank you : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!