‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    FYI: Morphe is having a 50% off sale on most of their brush sets.

@GymGoddessGoals

Sigma is doing 40% off! I'm trying hard to resist but I've always wanted to try Sigma brushes. I feel like they were THE brushes to have for a really long time.

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yall let me know when the fancy perfumes go on sale. I've had my eyes on a few but buddy....I am not rich.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Do any of you beautiful ladies have any advice for major under eye dryness? Wearing a mask is suddenly wreaking havoc on my eyes. I moisturizer day and night, exfoliate often, have a humidifier going in my bedroom...nothing is working! There's dry, flaky patches right where the mask hits under my eyes. Send help - thank you in advance.

I'm having red rash almost raw skin around my nose and cheeks due to mask...I think mine is the recycled moisture in the mask...its almost like chapped skin...my doctor is trying some meds that help with inflammation and eczema cause I do have those kinds of flare ups. Could check with your dermatologist.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Do any of you beautiful ladies have any advice for major under eye dryness? Wearing a mask is suddenly wreaking havoc on my eyes. I moisturizer day and night, exfoliate often, have a humidifier going in my bedroom...nothing is working! There's dry, flaky patches right where the mask hits under my eyes. Send help - thank you in advance.

I'm having red rash almost raw skin around my nose and cheeks due to mask...I think mine is the recycled moisture in the mask...its almost like chapped skin...my doctor is trying some meds that help with inflammation and eczema cause I do have those kinds of flare ups. Could check with your dermatologist.

Thank you!

I've been doing a lot of research this morning and I'm going to purchase a silk mask to use when I'm not dealing with clients. Maybe this will help a bit

I have the Slip silk mask and it’s awesome. Very comfortable.

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    ftm1s5u455xd.jpg
    Starting to feel a bit more confident with make up application (thank u YouTube)

There’s something about your face that has always projected friendliness and warmth, imo.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

I have ridiculous dry skin right now. I have resorted to applying vaseline 2x week all over the entire face. The dry skin, red patches and minor breakouts healed up. I really hate this has worked for me.
  • JessBbody
    Have you tried pure shea butter? It's extremely moisturizing. Not sure how it would interact with acne but I had a really bad sunburn once and this healed it in one day.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    ftm1s5u455xd.jpg
    Starting to feel a bit more confident with make up application (thank u YouTube)

Very pretty!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

I have ridiculous dry skin right now. I have resorted to applying vaseline 2x week all over the entire face. The dry skin, red patches and minor breakouts healed up. I really hate this has worked for me.

Vaseline is such an amazing product. I use on my hands. The constant hand washing and just the colder weather leaves my hands dry but just a day or two of Vaseline use and it gets better. Its such an underrated beauty product.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    grs63b29xud5.jpg

You all look lovely, ladies.

I thought i'd join in because i've not really made an effort with myself the entire year during lockdown etc.
    Yesterday I decided to change out of PJs do my hair a little and put on some makeup. Obviously photographic evidence was needed!

👋🏿 If it gets legal, I'll bear witness. Always nice to see this thread update!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,087 Member
    grs63b29xud5.jpg

You all look lovely, ladies.

I thought i'd join in because i've not really made an effort with myself the entire year during lockdown etc.
    Yesterday I decided to change out of PJs do my hair a little and put on some makeup. Obviously photographic evidence was needed!

Haven’t seen you on here in awhile. You look beautiful. 😁
  • JessBbody
    Everyone here looks so amazing. Great job!

I've always felt a little makeup inadequate...have never used much, and every time I've tried to step out of my comfort zone, I've felt so weird I took it off before going out. Lol

I haven't worn much in the way of makeup since March (working from home, so who cares), and it's funny how less pretty I feel some days.

I ordered some new makeup (should be here by tomorrow), so maybe I'll have a current pic to share then soon!

You are all inspiring (and gorgeous!)

6go0icmkuah5.jpg
    (A little eyeliner, shadow, and mascara.)

Looking super pretty! The eyeshadow really brings out the green in your eyes.
    IKWYM, my makeup game has been lacking since March, too.
    I'm curious to know what makeup you ordered. I love knowing about the brands that other ladies are really using.
    I just ordered some brushes from Sigma because I've always wanted some from them and they were having a sale. (I know, I know.)

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @KickassAmazon76 details on this flawless skin routine please.

The more complicated the better because if you tell us soap, water and your grandmother's genes we're going to feel hopeless. We = Me.

😊😊😊
    I think some of the flawless skin comes from not getting too close with the camera. I tell you... My pores are not the greatest. Haha.

I have found that washing my face with Norwex body cloths have made a difference in my complexion in general though.

My skin has always been so sensitive that I've never tried Foundation or other stuff that tends to clog up pores, so maybe that is part of it?

Thank you for being so sweet! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    @Kashmir_314_ thank you! They are one of my fav features because they're green with gold and some brown, and blue depending on the light. 😊

@jessbbody thank you as well! ❤️ I got suckered in by a home party, and in a moment of weakness I signed up for a Seint (aka maskcara) kit. They call it the 5 minute face and it does contouring and all that jazz. It just came today and I'm so scared to try it.

(sure cost more than I have spent in ages, but it's satisfaction guaranteed, so if I hate it.. I'm getting a refund! Lol)
  • JessBbody
    edited November 2020
    @FabulousFantasticFifty
    @MaltedTea

I apologize that I neglected to thank you for your sweet compliments. Thank you.

MaltedTea I think you might be able to call that a smokey eye. I'm not sure what I was trying for that day but I need to be very strategic about eyeshadow placement because I have hooded eyes.

@KickassAmazon76
    Thank you for sharing the makeup you bought. I haven't heard of that brand but will now look it up.
    I'm afraid to go to a home party because I will buy allthethings. I look forward to seeing the results of your new treasure!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

The more complicated the better because if you tell us soap, water and your grandmother's genes we're going to feel hopeless. We = Me.

😊😊😊
    I think some of the flawless skin comes from not getting too close with the camera. I tell you... My pores are not the greatest. Haha.

I have found that washing my face with Norwex body cloths have made a difference in my complexion in general though.

My skin has always been so sensitive that I've never tried Foundation or other stuff that tends to clog up pores, so maybe that is part of it?

Oh kk! Thank you! There's Norwex body cloth sets of 3 on Amazon.ca for ~$30. Where do you get yours, fellow Canadian?
  • KickassAmazon76

😊😊😊

Oh kk! Thank you! There's Norwex body cloth sets of 3 on Amazon.ca for ~$30. Where do you get yours, fellow Canadian?

I have a girlfriend that sells them. I think she can sell to anyone, so I can dm you her info. She's on FB. I think they are around $30 for three, but last a long long time.