Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    You are all so flippin' good looking.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to play around with the lashes and decided to buy some yesterday. These are the results. I think I really like them. This is the second time I've ever tried them so its still trial and error. My right eyelash turned out better than my left but I think I've figured it out. @rickifaidley thank you for the inspiration and tips.

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

Ps...all you girls look so beautiful 😍

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • rickifaidley
    rickifaidley Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to play around with the lashes and decided to buy some yesterday. These are the results. I think I really like them. This is the second time I've ever tried them so its still trial and error. My right eyelash turned out better than my left but I think I've figured it out. @rickifaidley thank you for the inspiration and tips.

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

YAY I’m so glad it helped 🥰🥳 you look beautiful 🤯😍
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

Wow, your eyes look awesome
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

tams_89 wrote: »
    n1n90g2mt7w9.jpg

Beautiful!
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

c'mere youuuuuuu! they look perfect on your already perfect face, Mami... <3
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

129znnli83uj.jpg
    7ujcxvf3nmid.jpg
    uhdcdrwtcbc0.jpg

Those turned out WAY better than any attempt I've ever made with false lashes! Looks great!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ayyye, we're still out here, ladies? Ok then, this was yesterday's attempt at recreating @eatpolerepeat's black eyeshadow look (minus the glitter because my aged eye sockets could never...)

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

I'm thinking I need to work on the concept because even ART is imitating life. I snapped this during a taxi ride the other day...

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

October is the month for all black everything so I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone for the next 21 days. But...I don't think my current eyeshadow palette (Sephora's Anastasia Beverly Hills' Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette) is up to the task though so here's my newbie make-up question:

Do any of you have any suggestions for a hyperpigmented BLACK eyeshadow (hmm, or eye cream? Uhhh...eye shadow cream?!) that I can try?

Urban Decay usually has really good colour pay off - they have one called Blackout, it’s glitter free. You could also try Smashbox, they also have one called Blackout. Maybe Makeup Forever as well.

If you want to spend less money try NYX, they have a beautiful looking palette called “Mystic Petals” that looks like it has a good black in it. I can’t confirm though as I’ve never used it. But Urban Decay has some of the best colour pay off out there IMO.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay's Blackout it is, then. Thank you @fstrickl!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ayyye, we're still out here, ladies? Ok then, this was yesterday's attempt at recreating @eatpolerepeat's black eyeshadow look (minus the glitter because my aged eye sockets could never...)

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg
    ]

tenor.gif?itemid=5313209
  • fstrickl
    Options

Hope it works for you! Keep us posted!
  • fstrickl
    Options

Oh! A tip to is to pat on the shadow instead of the old wiper blades swiping style.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

I'm thinking I need to work on the concept because even ART is imitating life. I snapped this during a taxi ride the other day...

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

October is the month for all black everything so I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone for the next 21 days. But...I don't think my current eyeshadow palette (Sephora's Anastasia Beverly Hills' Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette) is up to the task though so here's my newbie make-up question:

Do any of you have any suggestions for a hyperpigmented BLACK eyeshadow (hmm, or eye cream? Uhhh...eye shadow cream?!) that I can try?

the anastasia pallettes have a ton of pigment even tho they are powder. u can make them show up and stay better by using a brush to mix a lil eye cream (any kind works) with the powder, apply, then apply powder over that. its heavy but stays really well, we used to do that with powder eyeshadow for dance competitions when i was younger

eta: also u look pretty 😍♥️♥️
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

I would just apply black eyeliner all over my lids, blend it in with my fingers as a base and then whatever black shadow on top.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Oh! A tip to is to pat on the shadow instead of the old wiper blades swiping style.

Agreed! I think that's the only makeup trick I know...and I'm afraid of "fall out" with either technique 😭
    *snip*
    u can make them show up and stay better by using a brush to mix a lil eye cream (any kind works) with the powder, apply, then apply powder over that. its heavy but stays really well, we used to do that with powder eyeshadow for dance competitions when i was younger

This is nothing less than amazing sorcery! 🤯
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    *snip*
    I would just apply black eyeliner all over my lids, blend it in with my fingers as a base and then whatever black shadow on top.

This is nothing less than amazing practicality! 🤯

Thank you, sisterhood, for the reminders and new (to me) ideas and products. It's witchy time!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

I'm totally diggin' this look on you. Now I want to try black eyeshadow 🤔
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,105 Member
    Options

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

100% approved!!! 🤗
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

l53g4nlqd58y.jpg

pq23q1ukv82r.jpg

i had a black eyeshadow that held color well from MAC a few years ago. it was brilliant to use for eyeliner also.
    your hair is stunning - love this photo of you!!