‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I used to do only clear or light pink gloss when I was younger but as I have gotten older I love a bright lip now, usually pink, purple, or red with an otherwise naked face or just simple liner. I mainly focus on my skin with makeup because I hate to look caked on or too fake. If I want to do more then I will do bottom eyeliner too. Here are some examples:

llrngqrmk5az.jpeg
    wzuxt9ce9nqm.jpeg
    cb3azjtv7scs.jpeg
    kk0iffa1prwu.jpeg

you REALLY suit vibrant lip colors - your lips are perfect!
    Aww thanks ❤️
  • rickifaidley
    rickifaidley Posts: 129 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    What is everyone's favorite lipstick brand? I just started collecting lipsticks; so far I have a few Buxom and a really nice one from Context that I love.

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but Charlotte Tilsbury’s Pillow Talk is a youtube sensation

I’be never heard of this brand until yesterday! And I love everything makeup! They just came out with this setting spray I really wanna try. I watched videos on girls putting it off and trying to take off their makeup and I can’t. I’m dying to try it (it was sold out when I checked yesterday)
  • rickifaidley
    I have learned quite a bit from ya’ll in this thread. I appreciate ya sharing. It’s very insightful. I have a new respect for what you’ins do to enhance your visual appeal of others. It’s not cheap, it’s very time consuming, and you do it mostly, if not all, for the benefit someone else.

I appreciate each of you and I appreciate all of you ladies who do this for anyone that you are swooning or have already caught and are keeping the love alive.

Not tryin to *kitten* on your nice post but I think a lot of girls do it for themselves. It’s a hobby of sorts.. or a pick-me-up.

I mean of course women do it to look nice for their sig others as well, but I would guess most do it as a form of self-expression

I definitely don’t do my makeup for the enjoyment or self satisfaction of others. I don’t care if someone loves my makeup or hates it, I’m going to wear it regardless because I love the process of putting it on( I love painting with acrylics so this is like the same but my face) and love the self confidence that comes with. I’m married and my husband would even tell you, she doesn’t do makeup to swoon anybody 😂
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    I have learned quite a bit from ya’ll in this thread. I appreciate ya sharing. It’s very insightful. I have a new respect for what you’ins do to enhance your visual appeal of others. It’s not cheap, it’s very time consuming, and you do it mostly, if not all, for the benefit someone else.

I appreciate each of you and I appreciate all of you ladies who do this for anyone that you are swooning or have already caught and are keeping the love alive.

Not tryin to *kitten* on your nice post but I think a lot of girls do it for themselves. It’s a hobby of sorts.. or a pick-me-up.

I mean of course women do it to look nice for their sig others as well, but I would guess most do it as a form of self-expression

I don't smile to make other people happy. That's how I feel about my makeup as well. Thanks Caco, I agree some women are doing it all for themselves.

However Brustipoo, I appreciate your comment just as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGx7JkFSp4
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Wow, you girls look great! I really want to try the Charlotte tilbury setting spray and a few other things from her line.
    Since covid started, I’ve really gotten into watching beauty you tubers. You can really learn a lot and I just find the videos relaxing to watch.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

Absolutely this. I started to wear make-up because someone told me maybe I should take more pride in my appearance and so I did. I started wearing it for someone else but later it turned into me liking it and now I do it for me, and me only. If everything is falling apart around me atleast I have my makeup to make me look put together 😂

This. Exactly this. Not that I wear much makeup but if I look like I've got my *kitten* together, I tend to feel more like I've got my *kitten* together.

100%! The same goes for making my bed, if all *kitten* hits the fan at least my bed has been made and looks good!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I tried. With the lashes. And the wing. I don’t know how I used to wear lashes sometimes. I kinda don’t like them.

br8kplsht5rh.jpeg

Very pretty. They look good, beautiful, and not fake looking. I like how the rest of your face is pretty and fresh.

Thank you so much!🤗
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    ghjye86oipkt.jpg
    Tonight's makeup

You are just such a doll 🥰
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Just ran across these looking for something. Actual purple eyeliner.....and non-nude/non-gloss lips. I SUUUUCK at lipstick application. It’s usually kind of a mess.
    trqtc2ff8nop.jpeg
    s015bqokua8g.jpeg

Whoah, you be a beautiful lady
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    ghjye86oipkt.jpg
    Tonight's makeup

I love it!
  • MiNinaLisa
    Just ran across these looking for something. Actual purple eyeliner.....and non-nude/non-gloss lips. I SUUUUCK at lipstick application. It’s usually kind of a mess.
    trqtc2ff8nop.jpeg
    s015bqokua8g.jpeg

like what kind of purple? and lipstick? love this look on you - and your sweater!! gorgeous, Mel~~!
  • MelG7777
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    trqtc2ff8nop.jpeg
    s015bqokua8g.jpeg

like what kind of purple? and lipstick? love this look on you - and your sweater!! gorgeous, Mel~~!

Aw thanks! I was probably wearing the Aubergine one. But one of these for sure. 081bahbqg8a2.png
  • MelG7777
    trqtc2ff8nop.jpeg
    s015bqokua8g.jpeg

Whoah, you be a beautiful lady

TY so much!
  • MiNinaLisa
    @MelG7777 - thanks for the tips! :)
  • rickifaidley
    trqtc2ff8nop.jpeg
    s015bqokua8g.jpeg

Mel, I need your skin type! It’s perfect 🙏