‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

You have the prettiest smile and eyes 😍 Love it when you show us your beautiful face.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

Legit, immediate reaction: "Who IS THIS?!" 😍

Sis, all I'm seeing is a gorgeous smile and the brightest, most mischievous eyes
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

You have the prettiest smile and eyes 😍 Love it when you show us your beautiful face.

Thank you girls ❤️❤️
  • CacoEther
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

cq09mld4i6hj.gif

You even look like you’re most likely wearing deodorant 😏

I pulled out all the stops!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @MelG7777

You're welcome. Now please share that beautiful face.

ETA: @GymGoddessGoals she lovessss makeup and she's really good at it too.
    Thank you!!

Love this thread! Beautiful ladies.

I’m not super great at makeup. I like it to look pretty natural. If natural includes a little bit of over the top highlighter.😂 I find it funny that quite a lot of people will say “you look great and you’re not wearing makeup/hardly any makeup” (online, probably doesn’t look that way in person). And I’ll be like “I feel like I just caked my face up here”. Which is good I guess!

I use a lot....I guess I’m the only one!
    Foundation, a little powder, cream blush, bronzer, eyebrow powder and gel, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter. And lip gloss. Always lipgloss. And sometimes liner. I’m just a real minimalist. 🙈

The closer up pic is my feeble attempt at the whole “fox eye” look. The other one is probably what I normally do. Keep posting them! I love watching makeup people on YouTube.
    5qzm7mr1011b.jpeg
    rqwy50abxh98.jpeg

Good make-up. I notice we have identical eye colour. That's all I got for this thread.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @CacoEther I gotta agree with everyone else, that is a fantastic smile!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited October 2020

@sweet_ermengarde
    @MiNinaLisa
    @RunsWithBees
    @_sw33tp3a_

Thank you all! Very kind and....dare I say INSIGHTFUL of you all. 😘🤗

• MelG7777
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I love this pic! I think you’re so gorgeous and have great selfie skills if this is the indication. I do think less is more many times for makeup too.

PS.....I use a selfie light. 😂🙈 And although it’s not a filter it does make your skin look nicer. I’ve always been up front about that though. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • CacoEther

Thank you 😄
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I love this pic! I think you’re so gorgeous and have great selfie skills if this is the indication. I do think less is more many times for makeup too.

PS.....I use a selfie light. 😂🙈 And although it’s not a filter it does make your skin look nicer. I’ve always been up front about that though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you! For the comments and the tip 😌
  • MelG7777

Thank you 😄
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I wasn’t implying you should use one. I was just saying that I did a lot of the time. And I certainly don’t want to pretend like my skin is as nice as it might look in a closeup pic. 😊
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I think you look so lovely. Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing this picture with us.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

♥️pretty♥️
  • CacoEther

Thank you 😄
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I wasn’t implying you should use one. I was just saying that I did a lot of the time. And I certainly don’t want to pretend like my skin is as nice as it might look in a closeup pic. 😊

Oh, I know you weren’t! It’s just a good tip! 😁

But for the record you do have gorgeous skin
  • CacoEther
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I think you look so lovely. Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing this picture with us.
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

♥️pretty♥️

Thank you girls ❤️❤️
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

♥️pretty♥️

Thank you girls ❤️❤️

i told you. it's bingo, baby!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

You. Is. So. FINE.
    That is all. Carry on.
  • CacoEther
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

♥️pretty♥️

Thank you girls ❤️❤️

i told you. it's bingo, baby!
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

You. Is. So. FINE.
    That is all. Carry on.

Stahp 😍❤️
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

giphy.gif
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️

This does not compute.

Does it count if I’m still a licensed barber/cosmetologist. I have trust issues with people who do hair since they like to chop my hair right off.

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️

This does not compute.

Does it count if I’m still a licensed barber/cosmetologist. I have trust issues with people who do hair since they like to chop my hair right off.

this literally happened to me just today :(

Happened to me two years ago in december and I still haven’t been able to go back

But i need to bad

Yeah, I don’t get it. It’s been 7 years for me. 🙄

@sweet_ermengarde
    Oh no! I’m sorry. I’m sure you look great but it’s principle of the matter. I know how/why it happens sometimes. But the last time it happened she just wanted to do it.

okay she is literally my best friend or one of four or five people that are my best friend so i trust her but it’s short and i hate it and the only person i showed said i probably didn’t look like a boy

I always look like a boy with short hair, a hat on, or in a ponytail 😒