‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I miss wearing lipstick. It seems pointless now because when I go out I wear a mask. At the beginning of all this I did lipstick poll on my Instagram to determine which lipstick all my followers (all 300 of them, lol, such a celebrity here - note the sarcasm) liked best. It was fun actually. Maybe lll post a selfie with the top 3.

You have way more followers than I do.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I miss wearing lipstick. It seems pointless now because when I go out I wear a mask. At the beginning of all this I did lipstick poll on my Instagram to determine which lipstick all my followers (all 300 of them, lol, such a celebrity here - note the sarcasm) liked best. It was fun actually. Maybe lll post a selfie with the top 3.

#1 fan here 🙋‍♀️
  • GymGoddessGoals

#1 fan here 🙋‍♀️

^Favorite Human
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

Go for it! I'd love to see the winners.

I buy lipstick and lipgloss but don't wear it. I think this is a throwback to my days as a smoker when wearing lipstick was a total waste and just made a mess of your cigarette.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    justMzMimi wrote: »
    gbc3eswxph8k.jpg
    A light beat.

You're really rocking the eyeshadow!! 🙌🏿
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    @ythannah, I do the same thing with nail polish.

@justMzMimi, love the eyes!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Question for you lovelies, figured this may the best place to ask (sorry if I'm de-railing Cakey, just figured these make-up girlies may have a tip or two)

If you have a great hair day or professional blow out - any tips or tricks to keeping it pretty while running or a serious sweat session working out?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Every day is a great hair day 😉

Curly Girls may...
    * do a "pineapple" or "ploop" (aka big, messy top bun)
    * braid loosely and secure with a snag-free elastic or a few bobby pins (I like milkmaid style but fishtail works too)
    * wear a headband to catch sweat on your perimeter

When I used to treadmill run, I had to ensure the fan on the machine was working before starting. These days, I'm not in the gym so many of my workouts are outside. That means I'm not usually dripping sweat due to the breeze and such.

I dunno what happens with looser/non-curly hair patterns.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Question for you lovelies, figured this may the best place to ask (sorry if I'm de-railing Cakey, just figured these make-up girlies may have a tip or two)

If you have a great hair day or professional blow out - any tips or tricks to keeping it pretty while running or a serious sweat session working out?

This isn’t a super great solution but I swear these are the ONLY headbands that both stay on and keep sweat a little bit under control. They are pricey but worth it. Sally’s sometimes has them. Only black and lavender usually. I only buy black ones but they have some really pretty ones.
    https://thegymwrap.com/
  • MelG7777
    Ugh....it never lets me edit lately. I wanted to add I only like the tie one’s. The other ones I hear won’t stay on. And it’s sooo much better than the Nike one I have. Way better. The Nike one sucks on several levels.
  • GymGoddessGoals

I have never had a blow out (turns in my girl card). I use dry shampoo on occasion. It works best to apply the night before and only on the roots.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,079 Member

I have never had a blow out (turns in my girl card). I use dry shampoo on occasion. It works best to apply the night before and only on the roots.

Being a guy and knowing how we use the term “having a blow out” this made me chuckle 😂

like a tire on the highway??

This is one possibility. Another is undoing your belt as you are running to the bathroom. 🤷‍♂️
  • MelG7777
    Always wear Lipstick, even when using Chainsaws and Power tools LOL 😋 but on occasion I go all out with my make-up! 😉💋

g7rnno9bxb8l.jpg

94exzjpvjk0e.jpg
    oy9so013b7sr.jpg

You are always so pretty.😍

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️
  • GymGoddessGoals
    MelG7777 wrote: »

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️

This does not compute.