‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️

This does not compute.

Does it count if I’m still a licensed barber/cosmetologist. I have trust issues with people who do hair since they like to chop my hair right off.

this literally happened to me just today :(
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Always wear Lipstick, even when using Chainsaws and Power tools LOL 😋 but on occasion I go all out with my make-up! 😉💋

You are always so pretty.😍

@GymGoddessGoals
    I’ve never had a “blow out” either. But I’ve also not been to a salon in many years.🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank You Sweetness! 🤗
    I haven't been to a salon either but to trim my ends and that was about three years ago. Why pay when you can do it yourself? 😉😁
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

Does it count if I’m still a licensed barber/cosmetologist. I have trust issues with people who do hair since they like to chop my hair right off.

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

Happened to me two years ago in december and I still haven’t been able to go back

But i need to bad
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

Happened to me two years ago in december and I still haven’t been able to go back

But i need to bad

Yeah, I don’t get it. It’s been 7 years for me. 🙄

@sweet_ermengarde
    Oh no! I’m sorry. I’m sure you look great but it’s principle of the matter. I know how/why it happens sometimes. But the last time it happened she just wanted to do it.
  • ermengarde22

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

@GymGoddessGoals

This does not compute.

But i need to bad

Yeah, I don’t get it. It’s been 7 years for me. 🙄

@sweet_ermengarde
    Oh no! I’m sorry. I’m sure you look great but it’s principle of the matter. I know how/why it happens sometimes. But the last time it happened she just wanted to do it.

okay she is literally my best friend or one of four or five people that are my best friend so i trust her but it’s short and i hate it and the only person i showed said i probably didn’t look like a boy
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Re: blow outs. I got a combo rotating brush / hairdryer thingy for Christmas, found out it worked really well as a substitute for a salon blowout, and then of course Covid happened and nobody was worrying about blowouts anymore! These days I just shove my messy curls in a ponytail, no one sees me except people I pass on the trails while running!

Anyway if you’re missing salons try a hot brush, mine was inexpensive and surprised me at how quick and easy it was to use.

Other than that I have no insights into how to stretch a blowout over a run day, by the time I finish a sweaty run my hair is all salty, even with a headband. Gotta wash it and start over.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    This was a hair color and blowout I did myself after 6 months of waiting for the hair salons to be open (they opened up a couple of weeks later) My hair is stick straight and it takes a lot (a lot!) of heat to force it to hold any wave or curl. I will go running before I get my hair done then plan on having a rest day (or two) the next day so I can enjoy the hairstyle one more day since I end up a sweaty mess nearly every time I exercise :#
    ef27dapkgrny.jpeg

Looks really pretty!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Somehow I ended up bluish. Different but pretty much the same as normal.😂
    59fcu9u1m9xv.jpeg

Be still my heart ❤ looking beautiful my friend
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    59fcu9u1m9xv.jpeg

I like the blue, sets off your lovely eye color! <3:)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    iuzxsso9eyzv.jpeg

I love your lip color
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    59fcu9u1m9xv.jpeg

any color you put on makes your eyes pop! i think it's their pretty color frankly
  • ermengarde22
    59fcu9u1m9xv.jpeg

i love the blue and light pink combo on u ♥️♥️
  • MiNinaLisa
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

oh. my . god. you WIN! you have such an incredible smile H, great brows - pretty eyes - that hairrrrrrrr. perfect amount of makeup to accentuate your already beautiful face. i'm so glad you posted! <3:*

*runs out to get the engagement ring*
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

oh. my . god. you WIN! you have such an incredible smile H, great brows - pretty eyes - that hairrrrrrrr. perfect amount of makeup to accentuate your already beautiful face. i'm so glad you posted! <3:*

*runs out to get the engagement ring*

You’re always my biggest cheerleader 😄
  • MiNinaLisa
    damn this button isn't letting me hug twice. ALL the hugs!!!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

Legit, immediate reaction: "Who IS THIS?!" 😍

Sis, all I'm seeing is a gorgeous smile and the brightest, most mischievous eyes