‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,620 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

You look lovely 😍

Whoah😍so pretty.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    This is an old one but since we were talking about false eyelashes I thought I’d post it - this is me after taking my wig off following a mod-themed party last year. My white matte lippy did NOT hold up! But my gigantic eyelashes stayed on! I was going for a “mod dolly” look with really heavy lashes and they bugged me less than I thought they would.

ocnnzz8qxnno.jpeg

you are stunning. and i've seen another equally pretty necklace you have - great style! :)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @MelG7777

You're welcome. Now please share that beautiful face.

ETA: @GymGoddessGoals she lovessss makeup and she's really good at it too.
    Thank you!!

Love this thread! Beautiful ladies.

I’m not super great at makeup. I like it to look pretty natural. If natural includes a little bit of over the top highlighter.😂 I find it funny that quite a lot of people will say “you look great and you’re not wearing makeup/hardly any makeup” (online, probably doesn’t look that way in person). And I’ll be like “I feel like I just caked my face up here”. Which is good I guess!

I use a lot....I guess I’m the only one!
    Foundation, a little powder, cream blush, bronzer, eyebrow powder and gel, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter. And lip gloss. Always lipgloss. And sometimes liner. I’m just a real minimalist. 🙈

The closer up pic is my feeble attempt at the whole “fox eye” look. The other one is probably what I normally do. Keep posting them! I love watching makeup people on YouTube.
    5qzm7mr1011b.jpeg
    rqwy50abxh98.jpeg

Good make-up. I notice we have identical eye colour. That's all I got for this thread.

Do yours seem to change color in different lights too? Maybe everyone’s eyes do that?😊
    This is an old one but since we were talking about false eyelashes I thought I’d post it - this is me after taking my wig off following a mod-themed party last year. My white matte lippy did NOT hold up! But my gigantic eyelashes stayed on! I was going for a “mod dolly” look with really heavy lashes and they bugged me less than I thought they would.

ocnnzz8qxnno.jpeg

I love everything about this. You are gorgeous with such great features. Oh and your lashes...A+😍
  • salkavalka
    salkavalka Posts: 148 Member
    Damn the makeup skill here is insane. You all look amazing <3
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

You are lovely!
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member

ocnnzz8qxnno.jpeg

Such a beauty 🥰
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

I put on makeup today and although the eye makeup felt like a ton, it doesn’t even really show up on camera. I guess it’s only mascara and brow powder, i dont have any eyeliner or eyeshadow at the moment. The thing I hate about face makeup is that I feel like it ages my skin a lot. It highlights every wrinkle. I do like mascara but I’m so fair that I feel like it looks ridiculous without a full face on. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get easily discouraged when it takes an hour to take a selfie that I don’t hate. I applaud you ladies for your beautiful close-ups, that is way out of my comfort zone. Trying this out gives me a new appreciation for what an art form this is and how much skill it requires

Cutest pic ever!!!
    You my Dear are Amazingly Gorgeous!! 😍
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

You have the prettiest smile
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member

ocnnzz8qxnno.jpeg

Those eye balls are gorg
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    zc28zseuoumx.jpeg

Great look!

I'm super fair too, but mascara is the only thing that I actually think looks good on my face. I've tried going the brown route with mascara, but that feels like barely a step up from my white blond lashes when you get more than a foot away. I only use it on my upper lashes and go with an eyeshadow that pretty much matches my skin. Then I dont feel like it makes my eyes look smaller, my lashes don't interlock when I blink, and it highlights what I think is my best asset - the shape of my eyes. Mascara may also be the only thing I can apply appropriately and adequately.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, I looked through my IG stories and of all the lipstick i have this was the number one winner according to my followers who voted (mostly my mom- thanks mom). It however, is not my personal favourite. But I do love Bite Beauty lipstick!

yaj3skgpe963.jpeg

I can see why it was number 1, it's a very natural shade and it's perfect with your colouring!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Okay, I looked through my IG stories and of all the lipstick i have this was the number one winner according to my followers who voted (mostly my mom- thanks mom). It however, is not my personal favourite. But I do love Bite Beauty lipstick!

yaj3skgpe963.jpeg

I can see why it was number 1, it's a very natural shade and it's perfect with your colouring!

Agreed! This is like a perfect nude lip look for you 😍
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    @LoveyChar wrote: »
    Old selfie, almost 5 years ago after a graded research presentation in my final semester of college. This was a "thank God it's over" smile of relief. I have not worn lipstick in over 7 months.

zv16k48uzkz7.jpg

Very naturally beautiful!
  • CacoEther
    @tams_89 wrote: »
    8clr315qwrk9.jpg
    New lip colours

I like them both, the lighter one really suits you but I like the bolder red as well. Very pretty
  • CacoEther

ocnnzz8qxnno.jpeg

You are utterly flawless 😳