Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello All!! For the newcomers, you can start counting your House Points and OWLs as soon as you join.

@matcha - that's a hard one. How do you feel after boot camp? Do your muscles feel less achey after being worked? If so, by all means go! If you hurt worse after a workout, you should probably skip it for the day. Basically, listen to your body and do what it says. :)

I didn't get any exercise in yesterday - so no House Points. Had to go grocery shopping instead. :( Today, though, I WILL find time! I have been earning my OWLs each day though, so at least I'm keeping up with that!

I just read that last month was the hottest August on record for the Phoenix area since they started keeping records in 1896! Our average high was 109 and average low was 87.5 - with August 26th being the hottest day in August ever at 117 degrees! Oh, my poor electric bill!

For all of you in Arizona, stay cool and make sure you drink enough water! For those of you in the rain-soaked states, stay safe and dry.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    So I should just start my OWLs and house points from the time I officially started as a Ravenclaw? And then what day would I post how many I earned? Just want to make sure I'm a good housemate :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    So I should just start my OWLs and house points from the time I officially started as a Ravenclaw? And then what day would I post how many I earned? Just want to make sure I'm a good housemate :)

Yes, start counting the day you joined and then report what you earned when you weigh in this weekend even though it won't be a full week. Then, when you weigh in, you will start counting for the next week and that should have you on track!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    As promised - here are the Ravenclaw house challenges for next week. Start on these the day you weigh in this weekend.

Food: Stay under ADDED sugar for the day. This excludes sugars from fruits and veggies. Count up your total sugars from drinks, ice cream, candy, cereal, etc. and keep that total under your sugar goal for the day. Earn 1 OWL each day you meet this challenge.

Exercise: Well, this isn't really exercise, but so many of you have mentioned it, so... Earn 1 OWL each day you DO NOT weigh yourself!!

House Spirit: Earn 1 OWL each day you drop by and post something in the common room.

Remember, weigh-ins are Friday - Monday (whichever day is best for you): post your current weight, House Points earned (minutes of exercise for the last week) and OWLs earned for the Ravenclaw challenges.

Good luck everyone on your September Week 1 results!
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    I finally got my Pottermore email today and got sorted into Ravenclaw! I'm super stoked about that as I'm sure you guys can understand :)

School started today also, so it's going to be a continuous challenge to manage my stress and keep on top of my fitness goals, but definitely a bonus is that I'll get some more activity in through walking everywhere on campus.

Next week's exercise challenge is going to be hard. I feel like I weigh myself everytime I go into the bathroom for anything!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ravenclaws, Didn't get any OWLS or House Points on Thursday but am back today and have 10 OWLs and 260 House Points from 3rd September to the 9th September, will weigh in tomorrow and start next weeks challenges tomorrow, good luck to everyone else.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Okay, my starting weight is 152. I would love to get down to 147 by the end of this month. That would put me at exactly having lost forty pounds since the beginning of the year, and it would also help me reach a longtime personal goal. I have not been below 150 in over ten years. I would like for September to be the month I change all that!!! :D

I *love* personal goals like that! I'll be cheering for you to make it. Nothing is better than seeing a number you haven't seen in a long, long while showing up on your scale. :) Good luck - you can do it!
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws! I have appointments first thing in the morning and will probably forget to weigh in, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it now since it's technically Friday.

Weight for this week is 316. Down 5 lbs from last week :)

OWLS for the week:
    7 for water
    6 for checking in
    3 for moving

Total OWLS 16

Have a great day everyone!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    HI Ravenclaws! I am checking in for this week, after a hard week at school- can't wait til the holiday!! Only five weeks to go!

Anyway: stats for this week:

OWLS: 6 for exercise, 7 for water, 3 for posting: total 16.
    House points: 270 minutes of exercise

Weight: 184.1lb. Exactly the bloomin' same!! Am quite annoyed because I thought I'd had a good week. Oh well, will try and get it to shift next week!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    not a very good week for me...work keeps getting in my way!! i missed the past 3 days of working out d/t having to stay late and gym closed by then-just totally exhausted and didn't do an at home workout!! didn't even attempt to log food yesterday-got called in early to work d/t another hospital needing to evacuate patients to us d/t incoming water then had to stay late again which meant i had to rely on the cafeteria for food!! in case you didn't know this, a hospital cafeteria isn't necessarily the healthiest of foods!! i'm looking at yesterday as a cheat day and starting over today!! I WILL DO A WORKOUT TODAY!!!!! looking forward to the weekend!! send some Ravenclaw vibes my way-miss hanging with you guys!! :frown:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Okay, my starting weight is 152. I would love to get down to 147 by the end of this month. That would put me at exactly having lost forty pounds since the beginning of the year, and it would also help me reach a longtime personal goal. I have not been below 150 in over ten years. I would like for September to be the month I change all that!!! :D

I *love* personal goals like that! I'll be cheering for you to make it. Nothing is better than seeing a number you haven't seen in a long, long while showing up on your scale. :) Good luck - you can do it!

Thanks! I certainly hope so! Checking in for the day to earn my OWL lol. I'll probably wait until Monday to do my weigh in for the first week, because that's just the day I normally weigh anyhow. Now, as far as the house challenges go....staying off a scale until then will be a BIG accomplishment for me. I'm an obsessive over-weigher lol. I remember one day last week weighing myself three times on three different scales in one morning!!! Once at work, once at the gym, and once at home. I definitely have a problem lol, but I will try my hardest to stay OFF of those scales....all of them .....until Monday. Happy Weekend fellow Ravenclaws!!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am so flippin happy its unbelievable!!!! After almost 5 weeks at the same weight the plateau has BROKEN!!!!!! Weighed in at 132lbs this morning- that's a 3lb loss this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are not enough exclamation points to truly portray the excitement I feel

This week's challenges are exactly what I need- I am having such a problem with sugar which is my body's enemy to begin with. I do wish there was a way for mfp to distinguish between added sugar and natural sugar- 2 pieces of fruit and over on sugar, but I know its good sugar- I just hate seeing red on my daily spreadsheet.
    And the scale and I need to have a legal separation- seriously I need to walk away from the disfunctional relationship!

Today's Stats:
    Food- 1 Owl
    Exercise- 1 Owl
    Spirit- 1 Owl

So Friday's are my weigh in days so here are my weekly stats for 9/2-9/9 (week 1)
    Weekly Stats:
    Owls- 24
    House Points- 320
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good news momofJandA! Persistence wins again!

I'm dreading my inevitable plateau, it will be discouraging.

*Progress towards week of 9/4 OWLS -9/9 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +5
    Food (64 oz water) - +4
    Exercise (Move) - +5 (used WorkRave for breaks)

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 140
    9/9 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Bad week.
    haven't really kept track of my owl, I barely logged my food.
    exercise didn't really happen and lots of junk food did.
    will power was non existent. It has been so hot I pretty much just sat in front of the tv all week.
    so I am up to 144.
    This week I need to really buckle down and keep on track we are going to the beach next weak and I really don't want to look all bloaty and gross, I haven't worn a swimsuit yet this year.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ravenclaws. Barely ate anything so far this day, which isn't good, but for the biggest portion of the day I was feeling ill and had no appetite. Now I'm feeling better and STARVING, but I'm stuck at work for another 3 1/2 hours. Awesome.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Friday Ravenclaw!

I've had a pretty good week - didn't get to do as much exercise as I would have liked, but did keep up with the water and moving challenges.

I've been a bit pouty this week about starting my new classes. I've been taking online classes two at a time year-round working toward the degree I should have gotten long ago. After two years, I've finally completed enough credit hours to say I've finished my Freshman year! I'd love to take the summer off, or take a month off between classes, but that would set me too far back. I allow myself two weeks between classes and then its back to the books. Now that I've started, I want to get this done!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok, after two wonderful weeks before joining mfp, this weeks I managed to go from 155.5 to... 154.9. Half a pound does not feel like something to celebrate, when I was losing around 2 pounds a week before. :/ I'm very sorry for not keeping track of my OWLs...
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ravenclaws,

And happy Friday!! I never got a chance to visit the common room yesterday, but I did make my water goal, and I didn't get a chance to go to the gym, so I guess I only earned 1 OWL for yesterday. Today, however, I exercised for 120 minutes and met my water goal again and I'm posting too....so I guess that's another 3 OWLS for a total of 4 OWLS between yesterday and today.

I have a question about the exercise points....do we report only the minutes we spend on true workouts (ie: workouts at the gym, pool, etc) or does it include other types of calories burned like cleaning, walking the dog, etc.? Because if that's the case then I have more minutes to add.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I have a question about the exercise points....do we report only the minutes we spend on true workouts (ie: workouts at the gym, pool, etc) or does it include other types of calories burned like cleaning, walking the dog, etc.? Because if that's the case then I have more minutes to add.
    Anything you would log into your exercise diary can be counted for House Points whether its cardio or strength training. Since I add cleaning in my cardio diary, I would count it as House Points...

I believe that this is the 500th post! Look for the link to take you to Ravenclaw Common Room - Part 2!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Ok, after two wonderful weeks before joining mfp, this weeks I managed to go from 155.5 to... 154.9. Half a pound does not feel like something to celebrate, when I was losing around 2 pounds a week before. :/ I'm very sorry for not keeping track of my OWLs...

Hi, Trissie. Hang in there! Smaller losses happen for many reasons - but every loss gets you closer to your goal!