What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    zQD2rry.gif?1
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    I have been contemplating apologizing to you all day. While I regret you thought I was responding to you, I have decided that I think j was perfectly justified in the response directed at someone else and after further clarification I also regret I may not have well enough conveyed that nothing I wrote was directed at anyone other than the initial poster.

When someone responds with an attack at a person instead of the persons thoughts or opinions then I respond in kind. Your responses was not that. His was.

Just as I highly doubted someone else on here would punch me in the face because my opinions differed from hers, I highly doubt you would refer to me as a “misinformed idiot” and suggest I had specific things to attend to. Thus I would never lump you in with the person I was responding to.

Again, I regret there was a disconnect in communication and hope it didn’t sour your evening too much.

Don't know what happened but I still know I'd never ever punch you in the face (or anywhere else lol) 🤗 Good on you for, well, being you [insert an innumerable amount of hug emoji here]
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    While I regret you thought I was responding to you

You talkin to me?
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    While I regret you thought I was responding to you

You talkin to me?

No sir.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    slcruz24 wrote: »
    Discuss anything you want... Talk about anything you... Encourage one another...

Anybody in Tampa Bay, especially in East Tampa running/walking Turkey Trot races this coming Thursday??

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    zQD2rry.gif?1

I understood this reference
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I was just reading about how our governor was accosted by a bunch of grown women. People find this amusing?! I don't care if you don't agree with his politics, there's this little thing called respect and CLASS. Confronting another human being as they're eating dinner with their family to spew your hate and discontent is disgusting! Grow the *kitten* up!

I think I'm more upset/alarmed that they would choose to do that in front of his family. The dude's family has nothing to do with their "beef" and shouldn't have been involved in any way. This applies to any political or company official's family; they are not part of the issue you have with x, y, z, so leave them out of it.

Crap like this is why we can't have nice things.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    I was just reading about how our governor was accosted by a bunch of grown women. People find this amusing?! I don't care if you don't agree with his politics, there's this little thing called respect and CLASS. Confronting another human being as they're eating dinner with their family to spew your hate and discontent is disgusting! Grow the *kitten* up!

I think I'm more upset/alarmed that they would choose to do that in front of his family. The dude's family has nothing to do with their "beef" and shouldn't have been involved in any way. This applies to any political or company official's family; they are not part of the issue you have with x, y, z, so leave them out of it.

Bingo!

Welcome a day in the life of being a conservative. Welcome to dining in areas like DC. Welcome to being anywhere some groups are “peacefully” protesting. Welcome to having a differing opinion and expressing it. Yadda yadda yadda.

I agree, but this is nothing new. It’s just a different family and , dare I say, a different political party.

It’s messed up all around and, I suspect, is coming to a head.

Feel free to start the debate because I don’t disagree without saying why. Grouchy face #2 here.
  • MaltedTea
    edited November 2020
    Present company included, there are lots of lovely conservatives just as there are lots of horrible (insert wherever you fall in the political spectrum here). ETA: And vice versa. Or laterally. Or... parallelly?!?!

It really is just a matter of increasing the level of discourse and respect for one another. Alas, these things (along with critical thinking and reading skills) have degraded year over year.

I wanna blame Teletubbies. Either that or the global appetite for MTV as aspirational reality since the 80s 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • MaltedTea
    edited November 2020

Bingo!

Welcome a day in the life of being a conservative. Welcome to dining in areas like DC. Welcome to being anywhere some groups are “peacefully” protesting. Welcome to having a differing opinion and expressing it. Yadda yadda yadda.

I agree, but this is nothing new. It’s just a different family and , dare I say, a different political party.

Feel free to start the debate because I don’t disagree without saying why. Grouchy face #2 here.

This was not meant to turn into a political thing. This is honestly about people's behavior, regardless of their views.

I'm going to hide under a rock now. 🥺

Can we still blame Teletubbies and MTV for the world's ills though?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Bingo!

This was not meant to turn into a political thing. This is honestly about people's behavior, regardless of their views.

I'm going to hide under a rock now. 🥺

*hugged* because you are correct.. that behaviour is deplorable.