September 1st start INSANITY HALLOWEEN LOVERS!

Options

Replies

• mama_monkey333
    Options
    Day 2 done and dusted, I kept going without taking extra breaks, although I was alot slower in some (most) moves than they were...and God knows what my form was doing on those moving push ups, duuh!!

It's going to be a long 58 days to get through...but i'm going to do my hardest to get through them to the best of my capability!!!:wink:

Woo Hoo! Gotta keep moving. . . I modifiy ALOT and i'm sure if Shaun saw my form he'd kick me outta the program but it's gettin alittle bit easier each time. Keep it up! We Got This!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing Insanity right now! I'm posting in another thread too, but hey - the more the merrier, right?

Today I did Day 5/workout 4 - Pure Cardio. It was good! I feel amazing after these workouts, I don't know how I used to get through the day without them! I just hope I'll be able to keep it up when school starts getting more serious.

I feel pretty good after the workout too....shame I don't feel so good the morning after!:laugh:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys having trouble postin message. . . For Spitfirex007 . . . . and any1 else who can lemme in on da secrets of recovery drinks :happy:

Sweet Thank Friend, need all the help i can get. Speaking o,f can you recommend a recovery drink? We were using BioRhythm - AfterGlow and absolutely loved it only draw back so dang expensive! Just ran out and went to two different GNC's and their out. Duoh! Picked up a recovery drink called Accelerade and can honestly say not caring for it taste like powdered gatorade and can tell a huge difference between accelerade and afterglow. Tah! Might have to bite the bullet and invest in some more afterglow. Peeewww!

The only recovery drink I take is the P90X recovery and results formula. It's rather cheap imo ($50 for a month supply) To me it taste just like a dreamsicle. Plus it does exactly what it advertises.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    On Day 11, this is supposed to be Cardio Core and Resistance day, yesterday was Cardio Recovery, but because I'm running and have 10 miles planned tomorrow, I need to take it a little lighter. I did Tony Horton's Awaken the Body Yoga this AM, and will do Cardio Abs and Hip Hop Abs Cardio at lunch instead. Then after my run tomorrow, I will do Pure Cardio.
  • latiffany08
    Options
    QUESTION, I AM 2 DAYS AWAY FROM WEEK 2 OF INSANITY. DO I CONTINUE GOING FOWARD WITH THE OTHER DVDS ARE DO I BEGIN 1-6 AGAIN(SINCE I AM NOT AS FAST AS THEY ARE OR HAVE TO STOP MORE OFTEN THEN THEY DO) SOMEONE LET ME KNOW.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    QUESTION, I AM 2 DAYS AWAY FROM WEEK 2 OF INSANITY. DO I CONTINUE GOING FOWARD WITH THE OTHER DVDS ARE DO I BEGIN 1-6 AGAIN(SINCE I AM NOT AS FAST AS THEY ARE OR HAVE TO STOP MORE OFTEN THEN THEY DO) SOMEONE LET ME KNOW.

The first 4 weeks are pretty much the same workout's anyways. Then you have a week break and then your last 4 weeks kick it up! But as far as your question. Just keep going. You might not be able to keep up with them your first time through. But just give it your very best and go at your pace!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    On Day 11, this is supposed to be Cardio Core and Resistance day, yesterday was Cardio Recovery, but because I'm running and have 10 miles planned tomorrow, I need to take it a little lighter. I did Tony Horton's Awaken the Body Yoga this AM, and will do Cardio Abs and Hip Hop Abs Cardio at lunch instead. Then after my run tomorrow, I will do Pure Cardio.

Seems like a good workout to me...not light at all!!
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    I have a workout set up for tomorrow at noon in the wowy supergym! If anyone cares to join me just send a pm or fr. I will link you! :smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I have a workout set up for tomorrow at noon in the wowy supergym! If anyone cares to join me just send a pm or fr. I will link you! :smile:

I have no idea what time it will be in London at your 12 noon?!
  • kvokwana
    kvokwana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Loving this insanity forum....having my asse kicked left and centre....I started a bit late....only now on day 4

I have to say, I am impressed by the fit test results in this forum......even ashamed to reveal mine.....and I thought I was doing so good. Anyhow here goes:

switch kicks 66
    power jack 46
    Power knees 79
    Power jumps 34
    Globe jumps 11
    Suicide jumps 13
    Push up jacks 29
    Low plank oblique 35

Really shocked that there are people out there that are reporting triple digit switch kicks.....I mean by the time I finish....I am completely wasted....kudus to you all, keep it up
  • kvokwana
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing Insanity right now! I'm posting in another thread too, but hey - the more the merrier, right?

Today I did Day 5/workout 4 - Pure Cardio. It was good! I feel amazing after these workouts, I don't know how I used to get through the day without them! I just hope I'll be able to keep it up when school starts getting more serious.

I feel pretty good after the workout too....shame I don't feel so good the morning after!:laugh:
  • kvokwana
    Options
    I know all about the morning after feeling :laugh: ......I am currently walking like I was doing nasty things the entire evening.....I wonder what people at the office are thinking?

Shawn T is ruining my good girl reputation
  • Spitfirex007
    Options

I have no idea what time it will be in London at your 12 noon?!

1 hour from right now. So I think that is 4 pm your time.. not 100% sure
  • IHaveATail
    Options
    I'm getting in on this insanity forum. I'm on wk 2 day 6 tomorrow. I will have gone two full weeks without giving up! haha. Yesssss.

Shawn T - "C'mon ya'll, Lessssss GOOOOOO!!" hahaha love it.

If I actually make it through this alive, ---- I'll be a newborn for Halloween and go naked. I've got before pics up but I'll post fit test numbers at the completion of the 60 days with my after pictures.
  • IHaveATail
    Options
    I know all about the morning after feeling :laugh: ......I am currently walking like I was doing nasty things the entire evening.....I wonder what people at the office are thinking?

Shawn T is ruining my good girl reputation

I'd let Shawn-T ruin my good girl reputation. Lol.
  • mama_monkey333
    Options
    Lol. . . You guys are hilarious. . . Have a routine going after every workout can't wait to grab my recovery drink and sit down n see how everyones doing. I tell my husband about you guys n he feels like he knows you all. Well completed Day 13 and still diggin deep. I don't know if it's the newness and excitment of first workout week wearing off but it seems like i'm draggin this week. been sweatin my butt off but strugglin thru the workouts something fierce.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Great to see new peeps on here!!:happy:

Did my first Pure Cardio last night, kept expecting a break, everytime I heard him say "take a break" I thought he meant everyone, so I'd stopped only to realise he was talking to individuals :blushing:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Hi guys,

Loving this insanity forum....having my asse kicked left and centre....I started a bit late....only now on day 4

I have to say, I am impressed by the fit test results in this forum......even ashamed to reveal mine.....and I thought I was doing so good. Anyhow here goes:

switch kicks 66
    power jack 46
    Power knees 79
    Power jumps 34
    Globe jumps 11
    Suicide jumps 13
    Push up jacks 29
    Low plank oblique 35

Really shocked that there are people out there that are reporting triple digit switch kicks.....I mean by the time I finish....I am completely wasted....kudus to you all, keep it up

What are you chatting about, you got great results!!

I'm only on my first week too.
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Did Cardio Abs for the first time today... sooo much harder than I anticipated! So that completes week 2 for me, pretty excited to do my second fitness test on Monday and see how I have improved so far.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Ran 12 miles yesterday so skipped Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I'd planned 10 but ran with a friend that is just beginning running so ran a route she's comfortable with. I hoped for cardio abs today, but my abs are too sore from my run yesterday. Instead I opted for "Awaken the Body" Yoga with Tony Horton - and XStretch from P90X.

Tomorrow is my 2 week fit test, will be excited to see the results. Will also do Cardio Abs since I missed it yesterday.