What’s unique/unusual about where you live?

Options
CacoEther
CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
Some of the most memorable and engaging conversations are based on differences in how/where we live. Whether it’s differences in population or weather or what’s considered a fun pastime or delicious treat, people get animated when they share the unique qualities about where they live. It’s entertaining to realize that someone else finds fascinating what we consider completely mundane and normal.

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    We have a lot of deadly snakes.. theres that 😃
    Pretty much every one I see down in the chook shed has the potential to kill me quickly ( eastern brown) 🤷‍♀️

Chook shed?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Pretty much every one I see down in the chook shed has the potential to kill me quickly ( eastern brown) 🤷‍♀️

Chook shed?

Chicken coop :D
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    AKA, chicken coop
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I live in the country, not in any town. But I can Take a short walk in 3 different Directions and be in 3 different towns.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Brown snake bites, even apparently trivial ones, have been associated with acute deterioration over a five minute period leading to death. This may occur as soon as 30 minutes to an hour after the original bite. Acute, severe cardiac depression may be the mechanism for sudden death.

But, Im not afraid.. its something you grow up with.. a healthy respect for snakes 😬

I would not do good round there. I just stuff my body parts wherever. That’s why I get bit.

Hey, that log need moved? “I’ll do it”. Stuff my hands all around there.

Hey, what’s in that hole? “I’ll go see.”. Jump on in and find out.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    I live in an area that is 5 minutes from a beach (ocean) that you can't swim in.

I mean, you could, but you risk a pretty serious bacterial infection.

Nice views, but definitely a look, don't touch kinda situation. Harassing the hermit crabs is fun, though. :lol:

When I visit you’re gonna have yo hold my beer cause that sounds like a challenge.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »

Brown snake bites, even apparently trivial ones, have been associated with acute deterioration over a five minute period leading to death. This may occur as soon as 30 minutes to an hour after the original bite. Acute, severe cardiac depression may be the mechanism for sudden death.

But, Im not afraid.. its something you grow up with.. a healthy respect for snakes 😬

I would not do good round there. I just stuff my body parts wherever. That’s why I get bit.

Hey, that log need moved? “I’ll do it”. Stuff my hands all around there.

Hey, what’s in that hole? “I’ll go see.”. Jump on in and find out.

Yeah, you'd have to rethink doing that.. if snake don't get ya, spider might 😆
  • tmantwo
    Options
    If there's a tiny chance of snow we cancel everything. 1 year they decided to play the odds ...and snowmaggedon happened 😬 many people slept in gas stations or convenice stores over night.

Have you heard about the bumper dumper and back pack bidet? No? You’re familiar with snowmaggedon on the 95? Let me tell you how I can make it a more pleasurable experience... for just 3 easy installments if $...
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    So as not to scare everyone with the thought of Australian killer snakes and spiders we also do have a lot of unique and cute wildlife that won't try to kill you. Koalas, wallabies, kangaroos, echidna, wombats, Tasmanian devils.. the list goes on.
    g056onsown13.gif
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We have Spanish moss and gators. Well in my home town in SC. When I moved to NC I was shocked to find that they have neither.
    Get out my swamp!
    I didn't realize how beautiful it was until I left. The gators you know 😁🐊
  • tmantwo
    edited November 2020
    Options
    ^ wait, don’t Roos do something like grab you with their arms all sweet like, then roll back on those tails, which smack the *kitten* out of you too, and disembowel you with those hind feet claws?

Or am I thinking about some other kangaroos? The mean ones?