Replies

• Rashmi411
    Rashmi411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Trent - sorry about your wife.
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! just checking in... it's noon on Saturday where I am, and my weekend's off to a good start. I got 21k steps yesterday (2 miles on treadmill + 1.5 hours walking while watching tv). Today I got a short walk in when I woke up, then had some errands. I'm going to try and get a treadmill session in tonight. I'm taking all 3 pets (2 dogs, 1 cat) to the vet for way overdue visits/shots, so I'll probably try to do some walking around my car while I'm waiting.

I picked up an order of groceries this morning, so I'm well stocked with lots of veggies, some fruit, good proteins & some healthy snacks. I'm hoping it'll last me the next 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to a few meals with Salmon, which I haven't made in forever.

Things are feeling really good right now. I'm really ready to make some of these lifestyle changes permanent - I know I'll be better off if I eat healthier and stay more active. I'm so proud that I only had delivery meals twice in two weeks. (Let's just say that my standard # of fast food/delivery meals most months this year is way too high.)
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Checking in. The weekends are harder as I’m generally at home where the food is good and plentiful and everyone else is eating semi-continuously (the rest of my family is slender and active).

At lunch today I wasn’t feeling hungry due to a late and larger than normal breakfast so joined my family at the table with my tea while they ate. Even though the food was lovely (pasties and arancini from the market) I wasn’t feeling it, so I didn’t.

Two months ago I’d have hoovered the lot, then eaten the leftovers on my kids’ plates. Feeling very proud of myself!
  • HealthyTrent
    Options
    Checking in! I've had a lazy morning - cuddled in bed with my pets watching some tv. I Got about 11k steps in yesterday. My eating has been good - I was tempted to eat some candy last night but I talked myself out of it, since it was late and I really didn't need to be eating any more. I'll probably fit in a little today to my planned eating to work within my calorie goal.

@ClearNotCloudyMind - that's great that you resisted the food since you weren't that hungry. :)
  • NikaIris
    NikaIris Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Morning everyone! My eating has been mostly good the last few days (aside from a few christmas cookies), but I didn't have much exercise, mostly because I felt too cold to even consider coming out from my blankets. I try to reach at least 10k steps today.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I have been able to keep up my exercise activities but have been gaining weight-I think it is attributed to my food.... DUH.
    So I am going to attempt to stay under my calorie goal for the whole week... 7 days and then see where I am next week.
    Would anyone be interested in sharing recipes? I have shared my HITT workout of the day below for anyone interested.fhxljadloyzu.jpeg
  • HealthyTrent
    Options
    Hi all! just stopping by to check in. I've been tired the last few days - trying to talk myself into a walk on the treadmill. I'll do it, but this is one of those nights where I'd really rather just crawl into bed early and veg out to some TV. Trying to keep my goal in mind and remind myself that the only way real, permanent change is going to occur is if I just keep pushing through - staying active, and eating within my plan.

I made a delicious dinner tonight that was linguine in a creamy tomato sauce mixed with chicken that was cooked with herbs. I also made a large side of steamed broccoli. Super tasty, and I split what was originally 2 servings per the meal kit into 4 servings, so that it better fit in my eating plan. Now I've got lunch for Tues-Thurs this week. :smile: Lunch was leftover Salmon with asparagus, also really tasty. I think it's ironic that I'm eating so much yummier stuff now, even though I'm eating way fewer calories - my typical diet before involved lots of fast food. I like fast food, but these meals I make myself at home really are so much more satisfying.
  • 2016goalreached
    2016goalreached Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Trent,

You really are doing fantastic, and you are motivating me! However, I'm getting like 1/4 the steps you are. :-( I am so insanely busy, I'm really struggling with exercise. I'm struggling with fitting everything in, particularly my job. LOL I've done really well with my nutrition yesterday and today, and my dad has challenged both of us to buckle down, so he's been checking in a couple times a day.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to check in and reply to everyone's posts, but I will get better about it. Stay awesome, Y'all!

Meghan
  • HealthyTrent
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Just checking in today (well, it will be today for about 20 more minutes here). I've been at a mini-plateau the last few days, but I drank a ton of water today and am hoping that'll help when I weigh tomorrow morning. I ended up working till 11pm tonight due to a project I had to have ready for tomorrow morning, but I managed to get in three 10-minute sessions at 3.5 MPH on my treadmill throughout the day, so I hit 10k steps today. My big goal tomorrow is to keep drinking the water & go to bed early!

Meghan, glad I can provide some motivation! I completely get struggling to fit everything in. I think the only reason I'm doing so well right now is that I'm working from home and not going anywhere for the most part, due to the pandemic, so without a commute and without any other people to worry about I can fit activity in if I want to.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    Trent I totally get where you are with the work. Am training to be a teacher this year and despite only teaching half a normal timetable I’ve been spending hours every night working on lesson plans.

Sitting at the kitchen table would previously have been prime snacking opportunity (I am looking directly at the snacks cupboard) but it seems ok at the moment.

In a way it helps because I am so wired every day at school I have no time or inclination for lunch. My suppers are legendary though and still inside budget! Fingers crossed this continues after my last day in school this Friday.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Checking in
    Yesterday was a wash. I couldn’t get exercise or my food on track and I was feeling sick (my stomach was in knots)
    So I am starting fresh today again hoping to get down the 4lbs I gained recently.

Trent I am also trying to get water into my day and making it a goal-it makes a serious difference!
    @ClearNotCloudyMind Best of luck with work! I am also currently working from home and find myself grazing at my kitchen table where I work. I am hoping increasing my water intake will put a stop to that.

Have a great day everyone!
  • 2016goalreached
    2016goalreached Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Am training to be a teacher this year and despite only teaching half a normal timetable I’ve been spending hours every night working on lesson plans.

@ClearNotCloudyMind you are a Saint! My mom was a teacher, and I would not want to put up with all she had to put up with. Plus, kids are annoying. ;-)

I have had a good couple of days, which feels like really good progress to me. I have another interview today for a job that would be a big leap forward in my career. I'm trying to really weigh the pros of the experience for my resume and big jump in pay with what it would do to the rest of my life. I'm afraid I'm going to be in over my head and that it's going to be a very intense place to work.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays on track!

Meghan
  • HealthyTrent
    Options
    Had to just pop in really quick to share that the extra water yesterday helped - I broke my mini plateau and am now down over 10 lbs from when I started this. I'm so relieved to be moving in the right direction. I'm still in the same weight range I've been bouncing around in for years and years (mid 220s to 250) - if I can get down under 215 then it will really really feel like I'm making serious permanent change.

And for a NSV, I'm now able to do more sustained (but slow) jogging on the treadmill, which I wasn't able to do 2 weeks ago. I ran a half marathon about 9 years ago (slow, non-competitively, just for myself - finished in about 2 hours 30 min) and I'd love to be able to do that again at some point.
  • HealthyTrent
    Options
    Hi all! I hope it's okay to add, but since I'm newly recommitted to MFP & weight loss - would welcome any new "friends" who would be willing to interact on the news feed, be supportive, etc. Most of the folks I used to be friends with on here don't use the site anymore. Feel free to send me a friend request - I didn't want to be a creeper and start randomly friending people... My profile is filled out.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    Posting here as I am going to be facing my first real Xmas food challenge tomorrow morning 😬

Last meeting of the year for us trainee teachers and the experienced staff member is bringing mince pies. I LOVE mince pies, despite them being about 250kcal each. I could fit it in, but I promised myself I wouldn’t do that until Christmas Day, at which point I will enjoy them guilt-free.

So...

Tomorrow I am going to explain that I’m waiting until Xmas day for my first mince pie. I will NOT eat it. Not even if they’re homemade!!!

And if I post this I have to deliver on it. See you on the other side.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm popping in to join, as much as I can. I'm 28 and just had my first baby back in Sept. While we are all doing fine, I had a rough patch and ended up gaining pounds to where I am now the heaviest I have ever been - 235 at end of pregnancy. Luckily having her lost me 10 lbs 🤣, so now I'm just at 222 lbs ish.

I spent 8 years changing myself, striving to lose past the yoyo of 200-210. About 2ish yrs ago I finally made headway and I was 195 all last year! Fighting between 190-200 instead! ...but with this baby, I just gained well (I wasn't bad off, just one of those folks).

Now I'm trying to balance the newborn needs, life, work and exhaustion. I just don't have it in me to workout all the time- need to make sure I don't run dry in breastfeeding (I have from being too tired or worn down some days).

It is a real struggle and I feel overwhelmed sometimes and so frustrated because I'm starving or worn out and both scenarios don't bode well for losing this excess weight.

I never wanted to see 200 again, but I had a baby haha.

My goal is now to get back to working out (300 cal per day, min 30 minute workout), taking care of food/sleep/water intake- with the hope (high end goal) of losing 4-5 lbs by Christmas - reality goal of losing something/toning.

I'm trying to get back to logging and working on it all is something of a challenge with work n baby, but I'll try and keep up and stay in touch.

It is so hard, and depressing (to see my flab again, and more of a jelly belly than I ever had... I think). 😭
  • Dukare
    Options
    Excercise ideas instead of the gym (b/c covid):

Treadmill, elliptical/bike combo machines at home. Park walking. Zumba 2 and Just Dance on the Wii, Zumba and Kickboxing on the Switch. YouTube has Zumba music/routines too!

Across the board, I try and get one of those in daily.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    @Dukare wow I know where you are coming from! Babies are hard work though. When we were all new mums we had a mantra: 9 months on, 9 months off. Give your body time to recover and eat right. It will fall off (particularly if you’re breastfeeding!)

Congratulations on your little one and much joy in your first Xmas together x
  • Dukare
    Options
    I am hoping so! ....I keep eating a consistent amount= too many calories... but ahh well. I take it one day at a time and always keep trying.

Today I had it rough with a fussy baby and busy work day, so we got Arby's and I ate pie lol. It's okay though, because at least my eyes are still open tonight! (Yesterday I dragged myself into bed by this time, I was Exhausted).

Here's to another day of trying!
  • HealthyTrent
    Options
    Hi all - just checking in... I've been doing great with my eating. I'm down about 11 pounds since I started all this in late November. I didn't do a specific workout yesterday, but I did get a total of 13k steps by walking in place/around the room while watching tv. I did not get the sleep I needed last night, but I just finished up dinner and something I was working on, and now I'm going to go do a session on the treadmill and then will go to bed early.

I decided to get myself a holiday present, and ordered a motorized sit/stand desk and a low-profile treadmill thing that can go under the desk so that I can walk and work at the same time. I'll be working from home for about 6 more months - being so stagnant all day is hard, and I'm hoping this will help me get more activity in throughout the day, even when I'm working.

@Dukare - congrats on your little one! I'm impressed that you're even on here with such a young baby.
    @ClearNotCloudyMind - good luck with your mince pie resistance tomorrow! you can do it!