Help keep losing muscle and gaining fat slow metabolism

Options
1235»

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    it is a sucky but unfortunate fact of life that some of us carry less muscle mass and more fat. i am one of those people. my resting metabolism is probably quite low too. however i am very active so can eat 1800=2000 cals/day without putting on weight. i would suggest that you move more. as fat loss is your current goal expend more energy during the day. perhaps after losing a couple of kgs you can focus on increasing your muscle mass
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    In case anyone else needed the conversion from metric:

161 cm = 5' 3"
    61.3kgs = 135 pounds

And here's a visual for 40% BF for women:

https://www.builtlean.com/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Seems like such a big jump (compared to the rest of transitioning from picture to picture) from 40-45.

Yeah, and 35% and 40% look about identical.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    In case anyone else needed the conversion from metric:

161 cm = 5' 3"
    61.3kgs = 135 pounds

And here's a visual for 40% BF for women:

https://www.builtlean.com/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Seems like such a big jump (compared to the rest of transitioning from picture to picture) from 40-45.

Yeah, and 35% and 40% look about identical.

I’m a little dubious about the 40% photo. I know for sure I didn’t have a visible cleft down the center of my abs when I was supposedly 40%.
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a calibrated scale paid for from a nutritionist. My calories are 1259 cals on workout days. 1000 on weekends as i do nothing but care for my child. Tues and wed depends on intensity of spin/rpm class at home. I have increased these cals and gained weight (i do not want to gain muscle right now my goal is fat loss i have bern a gym junkie for 4 years can only gain muscle on a surplus)

I did the whole slow cardio after weights DID NOTHING FOR 6 months gained 4 kgs to be precise. This workout is the first time i have lost in a while.

My workout is too long to write up but targets legs/glutes, back, shoulders, chest, triceps, biceps (not in that order) approx 2 exercise types for each muscle group 3 sets of 8-10 for most 3 sets of 10-15 for others. Eg lat pulldown 35 kgs last rep hard but in good form. Incline chest press dumbbells 12kgs each. Bicep curl ezy barbell 15kgs, leg press 76kgs etc. i make sure my last 2 reps are fatigued if i can do more i up my weights.

I do not believe in the rubbish lift high reps. Total garbage.

I have 1.5 hrs only at the gym mon, wed, fri absolutely no other time and my house is too tiny to even do a starjump. Can not workout weekends. So to get all muscles i do full body mon wed and fri if i split it i lose strength and go down in weights. Since doing this i can lift much heavier.

It takes an hr for the weights because i do have to wait for some equipment and i have such a tiny bladder i pee 4 times in this time. I am working out before any main meal but after i breath into my lumen i will eat a banana if it says to based on intended workout to fuel my muscles. If i dont eat it i struggle. If i consume protein before i struggle immensely like its too heavy on my stomach even if it was a light protein source.

I do wonder if you're maybe talking a bigger game than you're playing, ypu say you've been a gym junkie for 4 years but I would like to think I would be stronget/lifting heavier than you are after than long. Also ypu say on other days you do nothing. I do a minimum 10k steps a day to make sure I can eat a decent amount of calories. Surely you're moving on those days even if not exercising?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Wow... I feel a little... uhh...."slower" after reading a few of these comments 🥱