Senior Golden Sneakers............August

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Pheobe, our kitty does that also. Sometimes my daughter will have her type a status for her at facebook.:laugh: Of course, she then puts an explaination.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, a wine tour sounds like fun. We have a winery about 40 miles from us. We visit it every year on our anniversary.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I am so happy to hear about your diabetes being under control. Eating healthy can do that. Congratulations.

The challenge is being put on by my employer. I now have a total of four on my team. Three men and ME !!! We weighed in this week and will two more times. They are not wanting make us weigh too often. People may get frustrated. Anyway, since I am the captain, I have been sending these guys diet information. Yesterday I sent an email telling them about MFP. Well, today one of them stopped me and told me to look at his phone. He has the app !!!! He had gone online looking for a way to log his calories a long time ago. MFP is what he got. He has not even visited us on the web. I think that he will now.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I am a terrible mom !!!!:sad: My daughter hurt her finger a long time ago and it is still bothering her so we took her for xrays. The doctor just called me. Her finger is broken.:sad:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gifb.gifi.gifr.gift.gifh.gifd.gifa.gify.gifempty.gift.gifo.gifempty.gifm.gify.gifempty.gifh.gifu.gifb.gifb.gify.gif
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Bob forgot his anniversary Wednesday. His wife was mad. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!!!" The next morning when his wife woke up, she looked out the window to find a box… gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. . . Bob has been missing since Friday!
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Irene, that is so funny.:laugh:

My daughter's finger is chipped in the knuckle. The constant bending of it was not allowing it to heal. Now she has a splint on it but, maybe for only two weeks.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    ieuanfw...[img][/img]2436718ldylz0ky99.gif
    I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, but truly this is the greatest bunch of supportive friends you can find here! Return often :drinker: By the way, I'm the elder here at 84 :noway:

MARIE, your granny sounds like a wonderful gal! I think you take after her, too!:wink: And that news about cutting down on your insulin is fantastic! You are doing something really right...

SANDY, love your new picture, and your "jokes" just get better and better! :laugh:

JERI, are you a professional photographer? If not, why not?? :smile:

GAYLA...interesting info about both grapefruit AND licorice! Interactions can get dicey! ANd thank you for asking; my elbow seems completely healed and I've gone back to the fitness center again! I think those ThermoCare patches were terrific!

BECKY, I love bison burgers, but never see them here. They had a wonderful place on the beach in Kailua on Oahu where we ate them almost every lunch time! I believe they were raised on a ranch on the Big Island. Did you do that extra Zumba for me? By the way, you are anything BUT a terrible Mom! It could happen to anyone!

SHIRLEY, I'll be sorry to miss your "cruise" posts when the b oat goes into dock for the winter. I could visualize your fun!

PHOEBE, the organizational skills you have sound phenominal! Will the new truck have to be bought by you, or is it company-owned? Hope it's a gas saver! Good luck.

IRENE, nice to see you and love the story! Stay well...

SANDY, missed your Hubby's Birthday, but we wish him a big happy one! Will you post the new month here?

We really do rely on SANDY to keep our calendar posting up to date So[img][/img]501030kkfslwz3p1.jpg in advance, dear friend!

Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    FYI.... leuan explained on his post his name, so leuan it is. :bigsmile: However is Frank acceptable?

HI everyone,
    Seems some of you are having a problem with my user name:"ieuanfw".
    My name is Frank Jones, Ieuan is Welsh for Jones. You may shorten it to Ieuan, but I'd like to keep my name, as each of you want to keep your own.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome back Mary Ellen you have been missed. :bigsmile:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Irene -- loved then joke. 

Buzz -  no professional, just a lady who loves taking pictures of nature. Thank you though. Wintertime I don't take a lot of photos. 

Gayla and Shirley. Thanks for caring. 

Slow day today.  Hope everyone had a great day. 

Here's another photo from our trip. 

6098620662_210f87bde5.jpg
    Sparrow by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm alive and well. Been busy working and getting familiar with our new puppy, Ben. He is a handsome Lab blonde colour and full of energy. The cat's have received him well and Buttons has put her paw down! As a couple of weeks have passed Ben is grown taller and larger than Buttons but he backs off when she quotes the law to him.

Weight is yo yoing again. I'm beginning to think of the thyroid? Can't seem to do anything unless I eat under 1000 calories. That is not enough to keep me sustained at rest. Oh well off to a wedding today and hopefully a safe travel day.

Keep at it ladies, don't give in or up. Something will come of your efforts.

Marilyn
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    And for all of you who thought I died of old age or just was sent out to pasture by Barbiecat this one is for you. Especially Sandy.

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning." Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble.

"Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."

She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive if the ice cream truck hadn't come along."