30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    YOUCDT wrote: »
    Count me in. Need to do this. I want to be a butterfly by March.
    Great metaphor !
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I’d love to join. I NEED TO JOIN. I need some serious Accountability. I’d like to lose exactly 18.4 pounds from what I weighed on yesterday. Because "Life Happens" more often than not for me, I am hoping to reach my goal by the end of June. I will post weekly on Fridays. Best of luck to All of us!

Dec 7th 18.4 (Weight Loss Goal)

Definitely ! Accountability is key. It's too easy to say, I'll start again tomorrow. Let's do it today!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Love your ideas, everyone! I love seeing the things that have made an impact on your weight loss journey.
    1) I plan on prelogging. I Never did that but it is a good idea. @jan110144
    2) More water! I'm way low on daily intake.

@frankwbrown My BMI is high- it's in the "overweight" range.

FYI- I invested (heavily) in a personal trainer for 6 months. I absolutely loved going but didn't lose a single pound. I did gain muscle and stamina and strength. But I know I can do similar things at the local gym. I did it before, I can do it again. The key for me is calories.

I've caught flack for saying this, but BMI is good only as a general indicator. I bought a bioelectrical impedance scale. These scales won't tell you your precise [/] body fat percentage, but they do help you see how your lean mass vs fat mass is trending over time. Day to day, you see wild fluctuations due to your changing hydration level, foods you've eaten, and other factors. I recently read that muscle repair results in temporarily holding more water (it's hearsay -- I haven't confirmed that yet).

Gaining muscle, stamina and strength is great. We always talk about losing "weight" when really what we want to lose is "fat".
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've used a paper tracker for years along with MFP. I keep notes on everything "me" in it even when I've not always tracked on MFP. It's been a real anchor for me.

https://amazon.com/DIETMINDER-Personal-Fitness-Journal-Exercise/dp/0963796836/ref=sr_1_3?crid=8VN1SZB7C36D&dchild=1&keywords=dietminder+personal+food+%26+fitness+journal&qid=1607484502&sprefix=dietminder%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-3
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great idea of a paper tracker! I just printed a free one. There are all sorts on line. Here is the one I used. I am putting on smiley face stickers for each lbs that I lose. I hung this inside the pantry door.

https://mealplanningmommies.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/02/30-Pound-Weight-Loss-Tracker.pdf
  • Fabme1
    Fabme1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RubyRed427 I'm in! I've been on a weight loss roller coaster and hope this time the numbers stay down.

For this challenge I hope to lose 24 pounds (1.5/week) by April 1 with Sunday weigh-ins.

Challenge SW: 206.6
    Challenge GW: 182.6

Glad to join this great group. :)
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Thanks @RubyRed427 for starting this group. <3
    Anyway, I do not care about the amount that I weigh as much as how I feel in my body and that is the direction of my goal; increased mobility and less achiness after working. So for that reason I will only weigh every few weeks/month. For me it is developing a consistent habit of logging my food and someone had suggested pre-logging which I plan on doing and also developing meals that I can just select rather than logging each individual item every day. That's my plan. SO having said ALL that my stats are as follows:

Current weight ~ enough to make it harder to move
    Goal weight ~ less so it is easier to move

I want to improve my mobility, flexibility and balance. I'm doing aerobics (cycling) for the mobility. For flexibility I'm starting yoga (gentle, not "hot"), and for balance I'm doing strength exercises focusing on stabilizer muscles. Lots of stretching too.

Creating MyFitnessPal meals is a great way to simplify your food logging. I hadn't tried it yet, but I just created my own recipe (for a chocolate banana protein shake), and that works great too. I'm not much of a cook, but I could see that feature being really convenient for saving one's common standard recipes.

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for Covid, this would be a really lovely fall. Our weather has been great. Just got back from walking dog. Sunny, cool but not cold, no wind ... perfect!!
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Each evening, I go down in my basement and do a 30 min. Zumba-I love that music and rhythm. It makes me happy when I am done and then I stretch for 10 min. to a youtube video. I'm down a half of pound today, so that's good.

I am also mindful of my snacking. I dont pack any snacks for work except for an apple, banana and Atkins granola bar. I used to pack some nuts (I overdo nuts) and chips.

I'll look at the tracker link later. I'm going to Longhorn's to eat. I have preplanned what I am going to order! Skipping the Texas Toinon that's for sure!

That's fantastic. I need to be more mindful of stretching before/after. I tend to neglect that.

I lived in Texas for two years and never heard of a Texas Tonion. I see it's what Outback calls a Bloomin' Onion. Sinfully delicious!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Ruby, how do you access Zumba? I’d love to be able to do Zumba at home.