Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• FitJ1210
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Kristen, I like these.. their nice and bright and something different than the same old ticker factory.

Thank you: smile:

http://www.matthewscaloriecounter.com/public/weight_loss_ticker.aspx
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow Hubba Hubbers! Hope everyone is having a great morning and meeting all of their goals. My goal to go to bed is almost here lol (I work straight night shift). Could someone remind me, it's Mondays that we weigh in, right?
  • petiteerrant
    Options
    Looks lovely. I might post earlier than some of you, as I'm about 5 hours ahead. So it might actually look like I'm posting on a Sunday, but it would be before noon on Monday in my neck of the woods.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow Hubba Hubbers! Hope everyone is having a great morning and meeting all of their goals. My goal to go to bed is almost here lol (I work straight night shift). Could someone remind me, it's Mondays that we weigh in, right?

I need the weigh in posted no later than noon (PST) on Monday. You can weigh in the day that works best for you as long as you consistently use the same day. :-)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Hi, my name is Monita and I was just reminded that I haven't been on here yet:-) I am 50 years old and trying like crazy to lose weight. I made it down to 149 but wasn't quite sure my scale was right because I just didn't look the way I thought I should look for being in the 140's. So, I took my sorry butt down to my doctors office to get weighed and sure enough, my scale is 10 lbs off. Now, instead of being thrilled to be 149 I'm working on being thrilled for being 159. I'm still determined to be 135 by Christmas though!!! :-)

Hi Miss Monita! I'm sorry about the 159 news. :-( You seem to have a good attitude about it though. If you'd like a scale recommendation, I can tell you mine. It was rated well on Amazon and the people that compared it to their doctor's scale, it was either right on or off by (point) 2 lbs. You'll have that extra weight off in no time, since you are so consistent with your food and exercise!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Well this being unable to drive business and the shops being a 20 minute walk away better pay off! Yesterday I walked to the doctors and back. Just over an hours worth of walking. Today I walked most of the way down to get my dog licensed (hubby dropped me part way on his way to work) and all the way back. About 50 minutes walking altogether. Got dog walks on top of that but I don't log those as I mostly just potter around while he rolls, reads his pee mail and does other doggy things. Next week I'm going seeing the folks in the gym to get an induction and find out when their least busy time is, the fewer people who see me post box red and sweaty the better lol.

And looking through some old pics I've found a pic of me at around 140lbs which is what I got down to with weight watchers. I'd like to be a bit more toned next time I hit that weight though. Ironically, this is saved as "horrible pic of Sarah" yet it's nowhere near as horrible as current pics lol. I actually still have the clothes I'm wearing in it too. Excuse the mess, redecorating that never actually got finished.

You're getting a lot of exercise in. Woo hoo! You'll get down to that picture weight again. Your hard work is going to pay off!
  • nitamo
    Options
    Hi K! I wanted to hang my head in defeat but then I picked myself up and realized that even though I'm 10 lbs above what I thought I was, I'm still 57 lbs lighter than what I was in November:-) I would love to know what scale you use! I will make sure I have my weigh in to you by Monday morning. It's gonna show that I gained weight from the 150 thats on the graph but that's ok, it'll motivate me:-)
    I've been walking for 30 minutes every morning and that seems to be working nicely. Good luck to everyone in this group!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Hi K! I wanted to hang my head in defeat but then I picked myself up and realized that even though I'm 10 lbs above what I thought I was, I'm still 57 lbs lighter than what I was in November:-) I would love to know what scale you use! I will make sure I have my weigh in to you by Monday morning. It's gonna show that I gained weight from the 150 thats on the graph but that's ok, it'll motivate me:-)
    I've been walking for 30 minutes every morning and that seems to be working nicely. Good luck to everyone in this group!

This is the one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MK6QKO I changed your starting weight to 159. No need to be penalized for something you didn't know. If you are lower than that on Monday, another loss for you! Congrats on the 57 lbs lost, so far!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't had the time to read all of the posts. My name is Kate. I'm a 30 something, stay at home Mom with 4 young children ages 8, 6, 4, and 2. After my last 2 babies, I followed a very strict eating plan to lose the weight. However, when my youngest turned 1, I decided that one little piece of cake wouldn't hurt. Cricket, my little inner child, has no will power and that one piece of cake turned into a 25 pound gain. Now I am really struggling to get back on track. My goal for the challenge is 22 lbs, though my ultimate goal is 32 lbs.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I hurt myself really badly working out yesterday. May take a few days off to recover. Treadmill died also....evacuating our areas.

lady, hope you get better fasst....and hope all is well regarding the home front:flowerforyou:

@kristen: yes my ultimate goal is 162....keeping fingers crossed
    thansks so much...i love this thread

Thank you
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    There I so much going on in this thread! So many great stories. I still have a few more to read. Get back to guys later...
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So I've posted on this thread already and I've read all of the stories so far (there are some truly amazing women on here, by the way!), but I haven't yet posted my own introduction. To be honest, I'm not very good at introductions anyway. :P I'm a 26 year old graduate student, currently working my way through school. I have a less than awesome part-time job, but it pays the bills. I've lost 103 lbs to date, and if I lose another 12 lbs throughout this challenge, I will officially be at my goal weight... which is kind of weird to think about. A year and three months ago, I would've never imagined being where I am today - I'm a lot stronger, both mentally and physically than I ever thought. I also have a pretty amazing pup that walks and/or runs with me every day. :)
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    a big thank you to all of you...i woke up tired and i just had breadfast and started to read this thread, when i got inspired to go to a spinning class instead of just going to run errands and what not....thank you ladies....hope you all have a great weekend:flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    So I've posted on this thread already and I've read all of the stories so far (there are some truly amazing women on here, by the way!), but I haven't yet posted my own introduction. To be honest, I'm not very good at introductions anyway. :P I'm a 26 year old graduate student, currently working my way through school. I have a less than awesome part-time job, but it pays the bills. I've lost 103 lbs to date, and if I lose another 12 lbs throughout this challenge, I will officially be at my goal weight... which is kind of weird to think about. A year and three months ago, I would've never imagined being where I am today - I'm a lot stronger, both mentally and physically than I ever thought. I also have a pretty amazing pup that walks and/or runs with me every day. :)

good luck to you on the rest of your journey, you're doing great:flowerforyou:
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    gr8grl68 - Not an official badge. I just used one from here:

and I've seen others use ones from tickerfactory, etc. which are less hoggy than the one I used.

THANKS!!! :)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    a big thank you to all of you...i woke up tired and i just had breakfast and started to read this thread, when i got inspired to go to a spinning class instead of just going to run errands and what not....thank you ladies....hope you all have a great weekend:flowerforyou:

Yay! That's fabulous!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    gr8grl68 - Not an official badge. I just used one from here:

and I've seen others use ones from tickerfactory, etc. which are less hoggy than the one I used.

THANKS!!! :)

Let's see if I can get this across right... In your signature, if you delete everything after the url and bracket right after this - 732a7b54d.jpg - (your numbers will be different since you have a different Matthews ticker than mine) then you can get rid of the words "Calorie Counter" at the bottom of your ticker. This is only for the Matthews code. Don't mess with your MFP code. So as not to mess it up for you, what I would do is, cut and paste it (just as it is - all of it) into a notepad, wordpad, word, etc. and then copy and paste that right below the first one. Take out what I suggested and then copy and paste that back into your signature. If it worked, great! If not, you can get rid of that and you still have your original to put back in. Was that clear as mud? :wink:
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    I've lost 103 lbs to date, and if I lose another 12 lbs throughout this challenge, I will officially be at my goal weight... which is kind of weird to think about. A year and three months ago, I would've never imagined being where I am today - I'm a lot stronger, both mentally and physically than I ever thought.

You are, definitely, an inspiration to me!
  • Amyding115
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't gotten to read all the posts but good luck to everyone!